What did you just buy yourself?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
miyaru

04 May 2022

On the oher hand you can sell the phono stage with your old NAD as package, you lose some money maybe, but it is better then to stay angry…….
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

chimp_spanner

06 May 2022

Went on a bit of a hardware binge.

MC-101
TR-6S
Deepmind 12D
Neutron
Microfreak (actually had that for a while)

And a bunch of very, very long USB cables and hum destroyers to connect it all up! Really happy with it though. Super inspiring. I've made a little secondary 'work-bench' with the Push 2 at the centre so I can start ideas off with little-to-no mouse/keyboard, and just play/perform.

Rising Night Wave

06 May 2022

chimp_spanner wrote:
06 May 2022

MC-101
TR-6S
Deepmind 12D
Neutron

And a bunch of very, very long USB cables and hum destroyers to connect it all up! Really happy with it though. Super inspiring. I've made a little secondary 'work-bench' with the Push 2 at the centre so I can start ideas off with little-to-no mouse/keyboard, and just play/perform.
nice gear you got. this microfreak in white colour is amazing. cool.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

chimp_spanner

06 May 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
06 May 2022
chimp_spanner wrote:
06 May 2022

MC-101
TR-6S
Deepmind 12D
Neutron

nice gear you got. this microfreak in white colour is amazing. cool.
I love the Microfreak. It definitely needs a bit of sweetening with effects but I suppose that's what keeps the cost low. The MC-101 is probably the biggest surprise for me. I bought it primarily as a drum machine but it has some great tools for sketching out entire songs thanks to the ability to run up to 4 AIRA synth engines. Sometimes I just get stuck jamming on it all without even recording. Pure fun.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 May 2022

Very big. Very small. Very happy.
Attachments
E2010AEC-3B5A-4DDB-85EA-C81345D1F73F.jpeg
E2010AEC-3B5A-4DDB-85EA-C81345D1F73F.jpeg (810.39 KiB) Viewed 4977 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

06 May 2022

I just bought the Aston Element. Two years ago I participated in the listening tests in a group of 4000+ testers which helped decide the sound of the mic. I'm finally getting around to purchasing it :) it's on sale for $149 currently, and marked down even more to $129 through some vendors.

It's got lots of low end and a cool light :D
It also included the shockmount and pop filter. Anybody else here own one and/or any others here who helped test? I'm looking forward to finally trying it out.

https://www.astonmics.com/EN/product/Mi ... le-Special
The Element boasts brand new ‘Ridyon’™ capsule technology, combining the best elements of all 3 existing classes of microphone. Utilising 48 V phantom power, the mic’s incredibly lightweight Active-moving-coil-diaphragm delivers high end condenser mic sensitivity and performance, with the punchy bass and rejection capability of a great dynamic mic and the open, natural, sound of a ribbon.

Not only is Element extremely affordable, but it will consistently outperform all mics in its class. This is something which you really don’t have to take our word for because over 4000 customers from all across the world have helped us to define the sound of Element in peer-reviewed blind listening tests against the biggest brands in the business. During the course of this 3-month public testing series, we have developed the sound of the mic using data collected from these comparison tests, which have included major brand competitors such as Blue, Rode, AKG, Audio Technica, and Neumann.

moofi

06 May 2022

Red Rock´s Re173 Preamp & EQ. Just started turning knobs trialing it, bought it immediately, sexy sound :-)

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... preamp-eq/
RE173.jpg
RE173.jpg (109.69 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Last edited by moofi on 26 May 2022, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 May 2022

This is turning out to one of my favourite threads ever. Not only is it cool to feel and share the joy it also feed the GAS and a need to accumulate more gear. Venturing into Thomann country again with card in hand. See you in the other side. That Phase 95 is truly beautiful by the way.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

06 May 2022

We have a saying in my fambly, "I was making good money at the time...".
This is no longer the case.

How's that real Whammy as compared to the Turn2on one?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

guitfnky

06 May 2022

motuscott wrote:
06 May 2022
We have a saying in my fambly, "I was making good money at the time...".
This is no longer the case.

How's that real Whammy as compared to the Turn2on one?
they’re both great, but very different. the real Whammy is more transparent and “realistic” sounding, especially at lower latencies, but I’d say Ghammy is better if you’re looking for purely creative stuff (it has a ton of interesting options that can get you some pretty out there sounds). I did a video comparing the two a while back, in case it’s helpful:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

orthodox
RE Developer

06 May 2022

Just bought a new mouse for $3.

Three Logitechs died. A year or two, and the left button would start to chatter. Single click becomes double, everything starts running when it shouldn't. No chance to drag anything, it drops halfway. The contacts get oxidized, I guess. The mouse goes in the trash.

Now I found that there is no difference in the price anymore between radio and wired, LED and laser mice, any one is for $3 at cheapest.

Catblack

06 May 2022

I've just ordered/paid for a Toppobrillo Multifilter 2 which will get here later in the month. I've already picked up their Minimix which is super sweet. I've been in line for the 2nd production run of their Sport Modulator 2 for many months, and I've been saving up to get these Topobrillo modules as the wait lists are long... That chip shortage is real, and these are super high quality. One never sees a Sport Modulator (first version) come up for sale in the used market.

I'd also had high on my wishlist the Vult Freak Manifold filter. There was a limited amount available recently for about two hours. I was able to get in on that. Also should be delivered later this month.

I picked up a Befaco Muxlicer, an unpowered 48hp skiff, and a Meh-ringer Eurorack GO (140hp x2) case all for super cheap too. That new big case is great and let me unpack a bunch of modules I'd been storing.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Rising Night Wave

21 May 2022

two days ago i bought myself this:

an Red Rock Sound's harmonic generator RE 202 Exciter. so cool!

and i also grabbed from Reason's store this two thingies for FREE since it is now a May's madenss:

Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

guitfnky

21 May 2022

does buying a new basement count? 😅 I’ve just spent way too much money to fix some drainage issues to allow me to refinish/update the basement so I can move my control room downstairs. it will be a significant upgrade in terms of mix room quality (moving out of what’s essentially an 11 foot cube), and will provide a much more enjoyable and comfortable practice room for the rest of the band. it’s the kind of thing I would have wondered “what’s the big deal?” about as a kid, but yeah, it’s kind of a big deal. 😆
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

plaamook

22 May 2022

Bosch T301CD jigsaw blades.
But they were on the job.
And about 36L of compressed air.
And petrol.
Few beers
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

gullum

23 May 2022

Bought a DJI mavic mini (Used) on 29. April got the Mini 2 the 2. Mai. Crashed the mini 2 then bough a new mini 2 on 18. Mai
IMG_9925.JPG
IMG_9925.JPG (794.69 KiB) Viewed 4864 times

rorystorm

25 May 2022

Paralytik wrote:
24 May 2022
Some used CDs.

Damn, very very nice. Steppers Delight is excellent in particular.

Paralytik

25 May 2022

Yeah, good crate digging sesh for sure.

rorystorm

26 May 2022

... a trip to the doctor to see why I'm so exhausted all the time (it's long Covid btw). apparently I need to get some rest, eat more healthily and quit smoking. Pretty sure he's been talking to my mum.

plaamook

26 May 2022

Chalk for a chalk line.
Two litres of organic wine made by some guy down by the sea who stomps the grapes in the ancient way. Remarkable stuff. 4€ for the bottle too.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

moofi

26 May 2022

Red Rock´s Equalizer Model B :-D Once again, loving Red Rock´s emulation EQ :-)

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... r-model-b/
British EQ B.jpg
British EQ B.jpg (138.64 KiB) Viewed 4756 times

challism

27 May 2022

I finally decided to stop messing around just bought the kitchen sink. I went with this one.
sink.JPG
sink.JPG (24.71 KiB) Viewed 4745 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

paulred67

27 May 2022

Roland JD-08.
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

Popey
Competition Winner

29 May 2022

ADPTR Audio sculpt. Been looking at this for a while and they just put it in a sale.

Plugin alliance, where patience is key :lol:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... culpt.html

• Information