[STOCK] Combitakt Drum Computer

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

05 May 2022

Hi RT

Here is a re-creation of the Elektron Digitakt - in combinator form and using only stock devices (no digitakt required).

It has a programmable step sequencer on the front panel and comes pre-loaded with curated drum+fx samples from the Reason Drum Supply Refill.

For the per-note automation which Elektron is famous for, and where this device really shines, is when it is used with devices such as Matrix Pattern Sequencer, Pulsar or any other synced CV tool (especially when sending CV to the Sample Browser, Note Length, Filter and Effects)

By adjusting the step rate, you can achieve sequences as long as 4 bars to as short as 1/2 bar. By default it is set to 1 bar.

cheers,
deeplink

Download link:
Combitakt Drum Computer.zip
(576.58 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Attachments
Preview.jpg
Preview.jpg (771.09 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

PhillipOrdonez

05 May 2022

Nice, will check it out!

Loque

05 May 2022

WTF? I tried to clean my Monitor, but than i realized that this thing is it that is so dirty...

Looks good.
Reason12, Win10

deeplink
Competition Winner

05 May 2022

Loque wrote:
05 May 2022
WTF? I tried to clean my Monitor, but than i realized that this thing is it that is so dirty...

Looks good.
I should have mentioned this device was used.. The previous owner did not invest in a decksaver

PhillipOrdonez

05 May 2022

Looks good... But why is there such a huge delay and why does it ratchet randomly and, I guess I understand why but it shouldn't be so, why is it only a single track?

deeplink
Competition Winner

05 May 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
05 May 2022
Looks good... But why is there such a huge delay and why does it ratchet randomly and, I guess I understand why but it shouldn't be so, why is it only a single track?
There shouldn't be a huge delay (besides on the delay efx)

I think the random ratchet you are referring to is when you change the Sample Select / Browser. It is an unfortunate consequence of how the internal CV behaves. However, so far this the only efficient way that I have figured to create a "Sample Select" feature. Another way is to use multiple samplers (say 127 in No.) and assign the Rotary to Mixer mutes+levels.. although to do this would require some extensive programming.

It's only a single track because of Combinator control limitations. In this case, you'll have to use multiple Combinators if you want sounds to occur in parallel. Luckily they're free :)

PhillipOrdonez

05 May 2022

For some reason the metronome and the combinator patch are way out of sync...

deeplink
Competition Winner

05 May 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
05 May 2022
It shouldn't be initially.. I know that if you change the rate during playtime it won't sync up - that's inherent in Thor's step sequencer.

I will double check the init patch though - thank you for the heads up!

deeplink
Competition Winner

05 May 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
05 May 2022
Ah, I think I may have solved it - there was one Thor (Step No. 4) which wasn't sending the correct CV out info. Can you try it again and see if it help?
Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

PhillipOrdonez

05 May 2022

Only getting machine gun sounds out of this...

Heater

05 May 2022

Works great. Thanks.

moalla

09 May 2022

nice combinator, but strange thing with the lenght knob and machinegun sequencer 🥴 i‘m interested to know what‘s the problem and how i could help you.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

deeplink
Competition Winner

09 May 2022

moalla wrote:
09 May 2022
nice combinator, but strange thing with the lenght knob and machinegun sequencer 🥴 i‘m interested to know what‘s the problem and how i could help you.
I'm still unclear on what the issue may be and the steps to reproduce it. If you could share details I would really appreciate it.

Sounds like the length may be causing issues, I'm happy to review and replace if necessary

moalla

10 May 2022

under SRC there is a length pot in the second row, when i throw it at 127 your combinator plays a single note per defined pattern, at 99 it plays only every second pattern step i defined, at 90 also but then with short machine gun intervals and so on and a little bit later only machine gund with a short break after 16 steps. It´s cool to realize, when i see your comb, how i could build a unique sequncer by stock devices, thanks.
nice regard
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Re8et
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2022

Genious.
I love this thing.
The routing, etc. Absolutely genial.
Wondering if could use the same samples and replace the NN19 with Mimic...

deeplink
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2022

Re8et wrote:
20 Jun 2022
Genious.
I love this thing.
The routing, etc. Absolutely genial.
Wondering if could use the same samples and replace the NN19 with Mimic...
Mimic is pretty cool device to use in this case - however I didn't go that route to ensure anyone could download and immediately use this combinator.

For Mimic, you would want to make a long recording / sample of each sample hit (either from this Combinator) or from your own bank.
Load that in Mimic, set it to slice mode off you go.
You will need to adjust the controls to point to the relative knob on Mimic

challism

05 Apr 2023

Just saw this because you posted about it in an RE thread. This looks awesome. Downloading now. Thanks for sharing!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information