Reason 13 wishlist...? 432Hz button?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
ltbrunt00

03 May 2022

So.....Pretty much everything I am buying these days is VST3 only, Plugin updates are starting to show up as VST 3 only. I assume that VST3 must be coming soon. I will be spending a tad bit more time in some of my other DAW software until Reason gets VST3.

When they do get VST3 in Reason I will have a $hit load of new tools ready to use.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

jam-s

04 May 2022

ltbrunt00 wrote:
24 Apr 2022
Before We get to Reason 13 we need VST 3. Sooner rather than later. I would love to beta test Reason 12 with VST 3.
For reason 13 I don't think we need a reason release that focuses on instruments and rack extensions. I think we have all been waiting for the Complete DAW overhaul release.

1. I want to see additions to the Sequencer similar to Studio one, Bitwig & Nuendo.

2. Work the Tool functions into the GUI. I use it then sometimes forget it is there in the DAW(F8).

3. Update the piano roll. They could even add player functions right in the piano roll.

4. Add a drag and drop midi chord finder similar to what is in Cubase (preferred) or Studio One. Scales and chords is good for what it does but nothing beats just bringing up
chords in a circle of fifths charts and dragging and dropping. Making chord progressions is instantly faster.
While I agree that the focus should be on core functionality, I don't think these suggestions fit the way Reason is envisioned by the product team. So waiting for those to get implemented will most likely only lead to frustration. Also "Update the piano roll" is not specific enough without telling what should be added/updated. a feature request like this one is only going to go to the bin as "useless - no info".
Reason is Reason and NOT Studio One, Bitwig or Nuendo. And that's fine and actually why people prefer it over those.

selig
RE Developer

04 May 2022

jam-s wrote:
04 May 2022
Reason is Reason and NOT Studio One, Bitwig or Nuendo. And that's fine and actually why people prefer it over those.
I’ve never understood (or agreed with) this position. Adding a feature that another DAW has is something RS has already done, many many times! And so far, the app is still “Reason”, right? In fact, I would venture a guess that more features in Reason are shared by other DAWs than not, they’re just often done differently in Reason! Those basic features are there for a ‘reason’, after all… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

jam-s

04 May 2022

selig wrote:
04 May 2022
jam-s wrote:
04 May 2022
I’ve never understood (or agreed with) this position. Adding a feature that another DAW has is something RS has already done, many many times! And so far, the app is still “Reason”, right? In fact, I would venture a guess that more features in Reason are shared by other DAWs than not, they’re just often done differently in Reason! Those basic features are there for a ‘reason’, after all… ;)
Those specific feature requests to me look like: Rip out the Sequencer and replace it with the sequencer from DAW XYZ and I don't think that's the way to go to improve on the Reason experience, as the sequencer is not as bad as people think it is. sure some organically added functions like folders, track freeze button etc. could be easily worked into the sequencer, but for example a chord track would have to be implemented a lot smarter, so it could affect the Rack devices (witch then should have the option to follow the chord track) and not to only colour the piano roll a little different.

p.s.: By changing the look of the transport and ReGroove mixer Reason got a little bit less Reason with those changes. also not implementing the Players to have virtual MIDI cables was a non-Reason move and imho a missed opportunity.

• Information