Copy Paste To Desired Location

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
JohnnyBee 67

03 May 2022

When I copy a MIDI clip and paste it, it always pastes the clip after the original location I copied from. How do I get it to paste the clip to the location where I want it to be? I already know about Ctrl+Shift. I just want to paste it where I put the cursor.
:puf_smile: Thanks
John B

orthodox
RE Developer

03 May 2022

Set the playhead where you want to paste before you paste the clip.

selig
RE Developer

03 May 2022

orthodox wrote:
03 May 2022
Maybe the confusion comes from the fact the play head moves when you copy a clip?
Also, I’m unable to paste to a different track/lane no matter what I do. I can drag/copy to another track, but not paste to any other track or lane than the source no matter what I select before hand. Bug?
In some other DAWs, you have a selection that is separate from the play head, so Reason feels a bit odd in that respect if coming from one of these DAWs as I have done.
Selig Audio, LLC

JohnnyBee 67

03 May 2022

selig wrote:
03 May 2022
orthodox wrote:
03 May 2022
Maybe the confusion comes from the fact the play head moves when you copy a clip?
Also, I’m unable to paste to a different track/lane no matter what I do. I can drag/copy to another track, but not paste to any other track or lane than the source no matter what I select before hand. Bug?
In some other DAWs, you have a selection that is separate from the play head, so Reason feels a bit odd in that respect if coming from one of these DAWs as I have done.
My thoughts exactly. :clap:
:-)

Paralytik

07 May 2022

Yeah, I've thought about the same thing for a long time. The way to go about copying stuff like this is really backwards.

• Information