Nine Volt Audio Ultimate REX 30,000

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
rootwheel

30 Apr 2022

VSTBuzz has acquired the Ultimate REX 30,000 - 28 loop libraries covering pop, hard rock, cinematic, electronic, world, heavy metal, funk, soul and blues music.

I've seen a few posts on here prior where people had posted about a few of these libraries available super cheap but to get the complete Nine Volt Audio bundle for such a low price is a total bargain.

https://vstbuzz.com/store/96-off-ultima ... orth-2400/

In my opinion these are some of the best REX loops ever created; made with real care and skill. It appears that the secret to creating really versatile REX loops is by making them at a lower BPM than they're ultimately intended to be used at. This means actual slice tails exist and thus the tempo can be scaled up and down more smoothly:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2022

More loops. More samples. More Gbs. More HDs. More headaches. Less music.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Aosta

30 Apr 2022

I've got a few Nine Volt demo refills and they are indeed great quality but as the post above says it is just more stuff that you'll probably never get through or use.
Thanks for posting though, I'm sure some will find interest in it because as I said they do make great stuff.
Tend the flame

jam-s

30 Apr 2022

While they are still quite useful, they are also pretty much dated now. I also think the collection went on sale for even a lower price some time ago. So I suppose the offer is likely to return from time to time. The main advantage in comparison to most other sample libraries is that they are well sliced REX loops, so you you can also extract some very nice slices and mangle the sound easily.

kitekrazy

30 Apr 2022

I bought everything they made before they stopped. Only the Kontakt stuff sits on the drive.

rootwheel

01 May 2022

jam-s wrote:
30 Apr 2022
While they are still quite useful, they are also pretty much dated now. I also think the collection went on sale for even a lower price some time ago. So I suppose the offer is likely to return from time to time. The main advantage in comparison to most other sample libraries is that they are well sliced REX loops, so you you can also extract some very nice slices and mangle the sound easily.
I don't personally believe in things becoming dated unless they were never any good to begin with and just pure hype.

If something sounds good it will always sound good. For example, one of my favourite REX libraries ever is Equipped Music's Loungin House which isn't even available any more. It came out in 2006 and yet still sounds better than many, many 'modern' libraries.

I've wanted the rest of these Nine Volt Audio libraries for ages, mainly for the fantastic Taiko loops and the superb Shimmer Shake; really glad to see they're all available again as I missed out on owning them all the first time round.

jam-s

01 May 2022

Those Taiko and Shimmer Shake libraries are really very useful. With "dated" I did not mean that the quality goes down, but rather that the sound is of a certain era and it's also likely that the loops have been used very often in different tracks which might be a bad thing or not (depending on genre).

rootwheel

01 May 2022

jam-s wrote:
01 May 2022
Those Taiko and Shimmer Shake libraries are really very useful. With "dated" I did not mean that the quality goes down, but rather that the sound is of a certain era and it's also likely that the loops have been used very often in different tracks which might be a bad thing or not (depending on genre).
I see what you mean now! I suppose when using older equipment and software you do run the risk of the sounds contained therein already being over-exposed because of their use by other musicians. This can either be desired if you're going for a certain sound or it can present a challenge if you're not. However I firmly believe that in the right hands and with clever mixing and creative application, anything can be made to sound fresh :)

• Information