May Madness sales 2022

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dvdrtldg

28 Apr 2022

Re8et wrote:
24 Apr 2022
I still want all Ochen K. synths...
Aren't they supposed to be buggy as hell?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
28 Apr 2022
MrFigg wrote:
28 Apr 2022
Get out of that mindset man. “Just to complete the collection” will lead to ruin.
Nah, it's just another way to cure GAS. When the collection is complete, there is no argument to buy additional stuff because… there is no more additional stuff :lol:
You should be a doctor. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ModusNull

28 Apr 2022

thedude wrote:
22 Apr 2022
I also like the RE format in the rack - i hate the floating windows of VSTs. Maybe it's just me.
I agree. I dislike VSTs for that reason, would far prefer an RE.
Modus Null
modusnull.bandcamp.com
www.jamendo.com/artist/379099/modus-null/albums

dakta

28 Apr 2022

I wasn't aware we had an annual RE sale - hopefully there will be one!

I am putting a bit of coin aside, I think I'll finally get obsession and Zoetrope if they come up - if not ill get them anyway at some point.

I'm into 80's/90's electronic dance/pop and britpop sort of sounds - anything else worth looking at before I bakrupt myself?

Carrick

29 Apr 2022

dakta wrote:
28 Apr 2022

I am putting a bit of coin aside, I think I'll finally get obsession and Zoetrope if they come up - if not ill get them anyway at some point.

I'm into 80's/90's electronic dance/pop and britpop sort of sounds - anything else worth looking at before I bakrupt myself?
Skrock has some nice stuff for 80s sound imho (like Pulse), however they always have a discounted bundle which is a good deal if you like their synths.

rorystorm

29 Apr 2022

Pulse is really good. In fact all the skrock devices should get some more love

dakta

29 Apr 2022

Thankyou for those suggestions :) I actually heard some lukewarm reviews for those so i hadnt given them that much thought but I will take a look, a quick listen to the pulse demos actually sounds quite good!

I know its a bit like saying a new car looks great in a showroom but still :D

crimsonwarlock

30 Apr 2022

MrFigg wrote:
28 Apr 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
28 Apr 2022
Nah, it's just another way to cure GAS. When the collection is complete, there is no argument to buy additional stuff because… there is no more additional stuff :lol:
Oh sure.... Here's my consult for today:
You are not crazy thinking you need more, go get everything you want, do it NOW.
:thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

crimsonwarlock

30 Apr 2022

dakta wrote:
28 Apr 2022
There are at least two: May Madness and Black Friday. Besides that, several developers are doing their own special sales. I've recently seen some doing an autumn sale and others doing an Easter sale. Picked up some things cheap during those :puf_smile:
dakta wrote:
28 Apr 2022
I did hold off from getting Zoetrope, didn't think it would bring something new to my setup. Then it came along in a sale, so I trialed it for a few hours, and it sounds very organic and different from other synths. Instant purchase.

I wanted Obsession for a long time, but even at sales it is pretty pricey. Then I got Saw-1 Discovery at a very cheap sale and found that it largely sits int the same sonic space (at least for what I do). I will pick up obsession when it comes along with a huge discount, like 50 Euro or below that, but I don't see that happening.
dakta wrote:
28 Apr 2022
As I said, take a look at Saw-1 Discovery. Its normal price is half of obsession, so probably always cheaper than obsession, even at sale. Also, the Korg PolySix and the Mono/Poly. Skrock synths are excellent for this kind of music, as others already suggested. Especially look at MorningStar, I think it is very underrated. Skrock also tends to give away stuff for free during sales, so look out for that. ReSpire is normally very expensive, but tends to go on sale regularly for around 65 euros. It is a bit CPU heavy, but it does sound pretty impressive, especially for eighties sounds, and it comes with a ton of presets in that genre.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
30 Apr 2022
MrFigg wrote:
28 Apr 2022

Oh sure.... Here's my consult for today:
You are not crazy thinking you need more, go get everything you want, do it NOW.
:thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:
Here, wait a minute. Was it me who wrote that?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dakta

30 Apr 2022

Thanks so much for the suggestions, all will be looked it, probably have more now than i can likely afford haha but let's see what the discounts are - its certainly looking we're going to have some new toys one way or another :D

Obsession, if I judge it by the audio demos seems to lean toward ambient space music, I don't really write this genre but I do listen to it so I was very tempted to see if it holds up to it.

crimsonwarlock

30 Apr 2022

dakta wrote:
30 Apr 2022
Obsession, if I judge it by the audio demos seems to lean toward ambient space music, I don't really write this genre but I do listen to it so I was very tempted to see if it holds up to it.
Obsession is an Oberheim OB-something emulation, hence the name OBsession. The Oberheim sound was all over the synth-pop genre in the eighties.
-------

crimsonwarlock

30 Apr 2022

MrFigg wrote:
30 Apr 2022
No, I put my 'consult' in quotes. But if that confuses you, just lay down on my sofa here, and tell me... does your confusion about being confused about quoting things that you didn't quote, confuse you? :twisted:
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
30 Apr 2022
MrFigg wrote:
30 Apr 2022
No, I put my 'consult' in quotes. But if that confuses you, just lay down on my sofa here, and tell me... does your confusion about being confused about quoting things that you didn't quote, confuse you? :twisted:
It sounded like something I may have said in the past and may also say again in the future. These days my memory has degraded almost s much as my eyesight so confusion reigns supreme. Come and join me.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

30 Apr 2022

MrFigg wrote:
30 Apr 2022
It sounded like something I may have said in the past and may also say again in the future. These days my memory has degraded almost s much as my eyesight so confusion reigns supreme. Come and join me.
I have about the same problems with my eyesight. I only see a figure of possession wandering around the forum and possessing various people.

crimsonwarlock

30 Apr 2022

MrFigg wrote:
30 Apr 2022
Come and join me.
I feel all warm and fuzzy now :puf_bigsmile:
-------

DaveyG

30 Apr 2022

MrFigg wrote:
30 Apr 2022
Come and join me.
We've all been sitting next to you for hours. You just keep ignoring us. :twisted:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2022

DaveyG wrote:
30 Apr 2022
MrFigg wrote:
30 Apr 2022
Come and join me.
We've all been sitting next to you for hours. You just keep ignoring us. :twisted:
Did somebody say something just now?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Tinnitus

01 May 2022

So the only May madness bannered item I've found so far is this. Not sure what is happening...

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/electrified/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2022

Tinnitus wrote:
01 May 2022
So the only May madness bannered item I've found so far is this. Not sure what is happening...

What’s happening is that dev is the first to put something in the May Madness sale. Others will follow. Can’t remember what date they usually start.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

01 May 2022

Tinnitus wrote:
01 May 2022

It's normally the second half of May, or thereabouts. :thumbup:

huggermugger

06 May 2022

Is it even a thing this year? I have to buy stuff I don't need, or I'll start losing sleep.
Attachments
man-lying-awake-in-bed.jpg
man-lying-awake-in-bed.jpg (54.26 KiB) Viewed 1373 times

Chi-Individual

06 May 2022

huggermugger wrote:
06 May 2022
Is it even a thing this year? I have to buy stuff I don't need, or I'll start losing sleep.
I feel understood now

StephenHutchinson

07 May 2022

freshkidblaze wrote:
21 Apr 2022
Might get tonicmint's pistons and letric panda's fritz
Fritz is an absolute joy to play with, and the random button can do wonders! Well worth getting. :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

madwurmz

07 May 2022

the RE 128 Loudness Meter was on sale until a few weeks ago, but I forgot to buy it so I hope it will join this sale again!
this useless RE is high on my wishlist :D
madwurmz from planet verbs

• Information