Rack Extensions - ability to hide

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
tobypearce

30 Apr 2022

There are some Rack Extensions that I don't use at the moment, and some that I don't think I'll ever use again.

I can delete them, but every time I update REs from the RE website, it downloads them again.

I'd like the ability to 'hide' some purchases so that they don't automatically download every time I update the others. Examples of apps that already have this feature: Apple App Store, Izotope Product Portal.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2022

tobypearce wrote:
30 Apr 2022
There are some Rack Extensions that I don't use at the moment, and some that I don't think I'll ever use again.

I can delete them, but every time I update REs from the RE website, it downloads them again.

I'd like the ability to 'hide' some purchases so that they don't automatically download every time I update the others. Examples of apps that already have this feature: Apple App Store, Izotope Product Portal.
I think we all would but we’ve been asking for that feature since the day REs arrived and it’s just fallen on deaf ears. Only thing to do is download the ones you want individually instead of pressing Sync All. Thing is sometimes that doesn’t work and you have to do a Sync All to get them to show up.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

30 Apr 2022

You could create a script which deletes them againevery time.
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

30 Apr 2022

Yeah +1 from me too.
It's a problem that only gets bigger as our RE collections grow.
Selective sync is the most obvious solution but I'd be happy to have them all installed on the HD if I had the option to hide selected ones in the browser. It can't be that hard to do.

huggermugger

30 Apr 2022

When you update your REs, don't use Sync All. Update only the ones that have been revised, individually. They don't revise them that often.

• Information