An Idea for an Intelligent Sampler

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2022

While I’m firmly in the DAW-improvements-first camp, there is one idea I’ve been thinking about that would get me excited for a new device: an AI-based sampling engine.

I was reading about some recent developments in AI image generation, such as those outlined here: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2022/03/0 ... -art-demo/. I started to wonder if machine learning could be used to “hear” the difference between a single sample mapped across the keyboard, and a multi-sampled, round-robin, velocity-sensitive instrument. Of course, specific instruments respond uniquely across their ranges, but let’s say an analysis is done of 20-30 instruments representing different categories. Extract those characteristics as “instrument signatures” in a new rack device that allows a realistic instrument patch to be generated from a single sample, with the user choosing what kind of signature to apply (plucked, bowed, blown, struck, etc.)

Need a guzheng VST? Grab a single sample online, drop it into Labyrinth AI Sampler, choose one of the plucked signatures and play away. Now try one of the bowed algorithms…

I would honestly be thrilled to spend serious cash on something like that. Thoughts?

Yonatan

31 Mar 2022

AI in this field would be great.

Mattvank

22 Apr 2022

Hello,

I am not sure to open a new thread for this so please apologize that i use yours. I was very suprised when i truncate in Kong a sample(edit sample) it truncate the real sample and there is no possiblity to undo that process.

• Information