Which Rack Extensions have you recently bought and why?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tomusurp

22 Feb 2022

Just curious where everyone is at in their music production / audio engineering journey

For me I just got Selig Infuser mainly for vocal effects

And also got the Rob Papen Predator synthesizer which has phenomenal sounds
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/c/TomUsurp
https://www.tomusurp.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

dvdrtldg

22 Feb 2022

Chord SQ Chord Sequencer, because I'm trying to broaden my compositional range when it comes to chords, voicings, modes etc

It's weird because when I was a teenager I studied music theory, and had all this knowledge under my belt. All gone down the memory hole since then, but REs like this are great for helping to get it back

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2022

Bassline Generator: Got it for free with my reward points. Thought it seemed pretty fun based on videos I watched. I think it's alright.

British Equalizer model A: I bought it because it was purple. Yep I know dumbest reason ever. Welcome to my world. I wanted to look at a new color in the rack, so I bought it, on sale.

SMFX Delay: I've used the Echo forever and wanted something different for a change. It does a few things differently. I like it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2022

Friktion with rewards points. Legend (finally) with rewards points.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BRIGGS

22 Feb 2022

Bassline Generator

Because it's awesome.
r11s

challism

22 Feb 2022

Bassline Generator & Algoritm - both are amazing and that bundle sale was too good to pass up.
ChordSQ - excellent chord progression tool - great for experimentation. I'm also a player enthusiast; it was a no-brainer.
Strive - it's probably the most creative filter in the shop - finally went on sale.
Sadist - it's an awesome tool... so many different modules and they all sound good.
TapeEcho MkII - I think this is my favorite delay device right now. I love the way it sounds and it can be adjusted in real time without the chipmunking effect.
Coriolis - a very creative pitch shifter effect. I'm a big fan of Turn2On and have their other pitch shifting devices (and all are excellent) so I figured I would complete my collection.
Also recently picked up FlangerDbl (best flanger in my rack), GateVerb (beautiful gate reverb), Twenty-Six EQ, and MetaCore from Turn2On.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Chi-Individual

22 Feb 2022

British EQ B
Because of the mid/side/stereo option and honestly because the high frequency was on the left and low frequency was on the right. Sounds good too.

Also got Precision Comp by RRS too because of the mid/side/stereo option.

Steedus
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2022

I confess I have definitely settled into the "I'll only buy it if it's on sale" mindset ..

Ekssperimental Sounds - 4 Channel Dub Preamp
This thing is pretty sweet. I don't even really use it for it's indented purpose. Simply adding it to drums or bass and using the saturate. More often than not, it just makes stuff sound .. juicier :mrgreen:

DNA Labs - Glacius X Hybrid Wave Synthesizer
I'm going to make a thread about this one with examples I think because it's the only RE I've used that is completely unstable. I really want to see if my experience is typical, or if the dev ever comes on here and would love some genuine feedback. Having said that though, I still bought it because even though I don't make dubstep, dnb or trap (which I think is what this is designed for) I really do think it's a great sounding synth and has some cool effects.

tomusurp

23 Feb 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
22 Feb 2022
Chord SQ Chord Sequencer, because I'm trying to broaden my compositional range when it comes to chords, voicings, modes etc

It's weird because when I was a teenager I studied music theory, and had all this knowledge under my belt. All gone down the memory hole since then, but REs like this are great for helping to get it back
I’ll check it out. I feel I need to include more chords in my beats because I typically make melodies off single notes and the songs I have used it on sounded quite big and impactful
My music:

tomusurp

23 Feb 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 Feb 2022
Bassline Generator: Got it for free with my reward points. Thought it seemed pretty fun based on videos I watched. I think it's alright.

British Equalizer model A: I bought it because it was purple. Yep I know dumbest reason ever. Welcome to my world. I wanted to look at a new color in the rack, so I bought it, on sale.

SMFX Delay: I've used the Echo forever and wanted something different for a change. It does a few things differently. I like it.
Reason studios on IG was blasting my feed with people using bassline generator. Honestly I can’t say I’m into auto generated melody. It’s just something robotic about them unless you manipulate and make them less repetitive.

How do you like the British equalizer, I didn’t even hear of it. I have SMFX delay but honestly don’t use it because Echoboy from Soundtoys lives rent free on my send 1 :lol:
My music:

tomusurp

23 Feb 2022

MrFigg wrote:
22 Feb 2022
Friktion with rewards points. Legend (finally) with rewards points.
Honestly friktion is solid for its great sounding strings, except I don’t use it much in my club music except it’s possible for intros breaks and outros
My music:

tomusurp

23 Feb 2022

challism wrote:
22 Feb 2022
Bassline Generator & Algoritm - both are amazing and that bundle sale was too good to pass up.
ChordSQ - excellent chord progression tool - great for experimentation. I'm also a player enthusiast; it was a no-brainer.
Strive - it's probably the most creative filter in the shop - finally went on sale.
Sadist - it's an awesome tool... so many different modules and they all sound good.
TapeEcho MkII - I think this is my favorite delay device right now. I love the way it sounds and it can be adjusted in real time without the chipmunking effect.
Coriolis - a very creative pitch shifter effect. I'm a big fan of Turn2On and have their other pitch shifting devices (and all are excellent) so I figured I would complete my collection.
Also recently picked up FlangerDbl (best flanger in my rack), GateVerb (beautiful gate reverb), Twenty-Six EQ, and MetaCore from Turn2On.
I’ll check out some of these. I saw a tutorial on Strive, very creative effect. I may give it a go for vocal manipulation in the future
My music:

tomusurp

23 Feb 2022

Steedus wrote:
23 Feb 2022
I confess I have definitely settled into the "I'll only buy it if it's on sale" mindset ..

This thing is pretty sweet. I don't even really use it for it's indented purpose. Simply adding it to drums or bass and using the saturate. More often than not, it just makes stuff sound .. juicier :mrgreen:

DNA Labs - Glacius X Hybrid Wave Synthesizer
I'm going to make a thread about this one with examples I think because it's the only RE I've used that is completely unstable. I really want to see if my experience is typical, or if the dev ever comes on here and would love some genuine feedback. Having said that though, I still bought it because even though I don't make dubstep, dnb or trap (which I think is what this is designed for) I really do think it's a great sounding synth and has some cool effects.
No you’re not the only one. I have DNA Glacius and it’s the only RE or even VST that made my Reason crash. But it don’t really matter, I mean it has some great sounds but there are such amazing synthesizers out there
My music:

Re8et
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2022

Tape Echo MKII from Ekksperimental because it sounds awesome. And they also added Cv's on the back after some random ;) guy asked for :thumbup:

Re8et
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2022

Tomeo55 wrote:
23 Feb 2022

And 4 channel Preamp also because it's super neat to have a mixer - preamp like that :thumbup:

Ruina also has a super nice Saturator - Sub generator :D and it's FREE!!

And if you go Hardware, the 0-Coast has the fatter sub generator ever.... :cool:

altron

28 Feb 2022

Some kHs utils. These are both quite good and useful. The gate is better than Kuassa's free noise gate RE.

kHs Tarrnce Gate
kHs Gate

A crapload of Player REs:

Note Filter
Note Alter
Note Limiter
InRange
Note Latch
Note Humanizer
Negate
Note Monitor

I'm a sucker for Player devices. Unfortunately Note Latch is not very useful as it doesn't allow for settings notes by simple keyboard input.
Trap is where music goes to die.

strangers
Competition Winner

01 Mar 2022

I haven't bought much in terms of REs lately. The only two I've purchased recently:

1. LoveOne Consulting Neutron - This RE is great for enhancing reverbs and pads. Hard to pass on when it's on sale for $9.
2. Bassgrid Terminal - I wouldn't consider this for mastering like their product description notes. I treat it like a channel strip during mixing. Sure, you can accomplish similar things by stacking other devices. Sometimes it's more efficient to throw on channel strips and get everything done in one shot. It's not an every day tool but still a nice tool to have at your disposal.

tomusurp

19 Apr 2022

challism wrote:
22 Feb 2022
question about coriolis, can you edit the automation on the knobs and other controls?
My music:

dakta

19 Apr 2022

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nce-synth/

Luna synth was my latest buy, in all fairness it was the wood panelling that sealed the deal. It looks like it belong in my rack.

Obsession got to be next? when im rich

rorystorm

19 Apr 2022

Autotune. Because I'm so far ahead if the curve

crimsonwarlock

19 Apr 2022

dakta wrote:
19 Apr 2022
Obsession got to be next? when im rich
Obsession is on sale right now, but not too big of a discount. I was lusting for Obsession as well, but getting Saw-1 Discovery (on sale) cured my 'obsession' :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

avasopht
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2022

I bought Selig's Colouring EQ a few months ago. I've been meaning to buy that for years but was in no rush. I also didn't get a chance to try it before the trial ran out (I think I was uber busy that month) but always knew I'd get it.

I also bought a few others because they seemed interesting AND as a bonus were on sale. Can't remember what, but I think one was a synth ... and maybe a compressor.

challism

19 Apr 2022

Tomeo55 wrote:
19 Apr 2022

question about coriolis, can you edit the automation on the knobs and other controls?
Yes, I think everything is automatable. It's a great device that's had a lot of thought put into the design, as usual for Turn2On.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (160 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

killhamster

19 Apr 2022

I use the RE subscription and regularly cycle things in and out of it as I find the need for them, but the last one I actually bought was Red Rock Sound's Bass Enhancer. I had to retool my master bus chain after getting that free PA bundle and instantly falling in love with the Black Box HG-2. I think the last one before that was the Bassline Generator, which finds its way into almost every project I start now.

dakta

19 Apr 2022

avasopht wrote:
19 Apr 2022
I bought Selig's Colouring EQ a few months ago. I've been meaning to buy that for years but was in no rush. I also didn't get a chance to try it before the trial ran out (I think I was uber busy that month) but always knew I'd get it.

I also bought a few others because they seemed interesting AND as a bonus were on sale. Can't remember what, but I think one was a synth ... and maybe a compressor.
Didn't realise that, was the choice between audio awesomeness and feeding the family always this straightforward?

• Information