Selig Audio April Live Stream Thursday Apr 14 20:00 UTC

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
selig
RE Developer

12 Apr 2022

Selig Audio April Live Stream Thursday Apr 14 20:00 UTC
Available here:

Hi all,
For Aprils live stream I'm going to cover some basic concepts about how to A/B any two audio signals and avoid common pitfalls. This can be to check for problems/differences between two files, to choose between two different compressors/settings, to audition new gear compared to old gear, or just to choose a reverb for your vocal from all available sources. Learning how to do a proper comparison test will ensure the results you get will apply to current as well as future projects.
This is a useful basic skill and can affect many decisions. As such it can be important for beginners to understand as early as possible. When I was an assistant, I always wondered how engineers knew which reverb sounded best on which instrument, or what compressor would give them the desired sound. Turns out they spent a little time working things out when they were 'off the clock', and I'll be sharing all I know about this process and how useful it can be.

I'd also like to put out a call for a mix review if anyone wants some feedback or tips on how to improve their mix - just let me know if you're interested! As always I'm open to any suggestions and/or questions along the way.

Note that while the start time is the same UTC time as before, I'll be streaming 1hr later than the previous live streams for any location currently observing daylight savings time. So 4pm EST instead of 3pm EST for any on the US East coast. Hope to see you there!
Selig Audio, LLC

Loque

13 Apr 2022

Sounds interesting. Probably busy, so i check it out the next day.
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

14 Apr 2022

Selig Audio, LLC

wendylou

15 Apr 2022

Is your Selig Function Generator available for download? A very useful tool I can use! :puf_smile:
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

motuscott

15 Apr 2022

U da man, Selig
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

selig
RE Developer

15 Apr 2022

wendylou wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Is your Selig Function Generator available for download? A very useful tool I can use! :puf_smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/75nvj6dvzkgoz ... b.zip?dl=0

Should also make a post for it in Combinator 2 thread.
Required:
Complex-1 (for sine wave generator and white noise)
Selig ColoringEQ (for all other noise types)
Selig Gain (to combine sine and noise to mono for final output)

With just Complex--1 you'll have a good basic sine/white noise generator with a default output of -12 dBFS.
Selig Audio, LLC

wendylou

15 Apr 2022

Thanks, most awesome!
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

• Information