Roadmap Update (21 March 2022)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sQeetz

05 Apr 2022

whitewolfmusic wrote:
23 Mar 2022
Also, delaying the native M1 support is no big deal, since Rosetta 2 is a competent and working solution in the meantime.
No it's not. Never has been for the RRP. It's unusable

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=7527418

also:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=7527515

mimidancer

11 Apr 2022

EnochLight wrote:
21 Mar 2022
Totally fine with M1 support being pushed back if they focus on getting VST3 support in Reason standalone right. That said, I don't use a Mac, so... :lol:
I was a hardcore MAC user. But when the time come to upgrade and M1 was the choice. My husband talked me into getting a PC instead. I am loving the windows PC. I feel like I have left a cult behind. Paying more for less seems crazy now, but I still have the iPhone. Baby steps I guess.

jaeproduced

11 Apr 2022

mimidancer wrote:
11 Apr 2022
EnochLight wrote:
21 Mar 2022
Totally fine with M1 support being pushed back if they focus on getting VST3 support in Reason standalone right. That said, I don't use a Mac, so... :lol:
I was a hardcore MAC user. But when the time come to upgrade and M1 was the choice. My husband talked me into getting a PC instead. I am loving the windows PC. I feel like I have left a cult behind. Paying more for less seems crazy now, but I still have the iPhone. Baby steps I guess.
I'm going to have to disagree it's all a matter of preference I've ALWAYS had issues with PC's & drivers not working correctly. Once I finally got a MBP I will admit I will Never buy another PC...All the problems in Reason 12 have mainly not all but mainly been mostly PC users I really didn't have that many problems on my MBP besides Drag & Freeze...So it's ALL about preference & I'm staying in the cult.

mimidancer

11 Apr 2022

jaeproduced wrote:
11 Apr 2022
mimidancer wrote:
11 Apr 2022

I'm going to have to disagree it's all a matter of preference I've ALWAYS had issues with PC's & drivers not working correctly. Once I finally got a MBP I will admit I will Never buy another PC...All the problems in Reason 12 have mainly not all but mainly been mostly PC users I really didn't have that many problems on my MBP besides Drag & Freeze...So it's ALL about preference & I'm staying in the cult.

My experience has been really good. but by all means, do what you like.

EnochLight

11 Apr 2022

mimidancer wrote:
11 Apr 2022
I feel like I have left a cult behind. Paying more for less seems crazy now, but I still have the iPhone. Baby steps I guess.
Lol! Yeah, Apple users can be a bit cultish (I still have 3 iPads, 2 Apple TV 4K, and 3 iPhones). Have long since switched all computers to PC’s, though. I’ll stick with my iPhones - the alternative is Android, and I have fundamental issue with “being a product” for an advertising company just to use their smartphone OS. The amount of privacy you give up and data you have to share to use any Android device to its full potential is truly terrifying.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

adfielding

11 Apr 2022

EnochLight wrote:
11 Apr 2022
Lol! Yeah, Apple users can be a bit cultish (I still have 3 iPads, 2 Apple TV 4K, and 3 iPhones). Have long since switched all computers to PC’s, though. I’ll stick with my iPhones - the alternative is Android, and I have fundamental issue with “being a product” for an advertising company just to use their smartphone OS. The amount of privacy you give up and data you have to share to use any Android device to its full potential is truly terrifying.
I had a similar experience, though admittedly I just prefer the UX of iPhones generally. I used Android phones for years (and Windows phones - I still maintain the HTC 8X was an amazing phone and I will die on that hill), and while I enjoyed rooting and tinkering with my Android phones endlessly I realised I was spending more time messing around with them than actually using them.

orthodox
RE Developer

11 Apr 2022

I use Android because of variety of hardware I can choose from, as opposed to 1-2 iPhones. My Android phone is shock/water-proof, with a large display, for 1/10 of the price of iPhone.

EnochLight

11 Apr 2022

I don’t deny Android phones are less expensive for often better hardware. That doesn’t change the issues I have with surrendering privacy to Google.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sQeetz

15 Apr 2022

What I don't understand to this day, is how you can change the theme in Reason to light/dark but Reason itself doesn't follow system settings.
I hate that all dialogs are always bright, although you set Reason to be dark and the system too.

mimidancer

09 May 2022

deeplink wrote:
21 Mar 2022
A new Roadmap, this time with a little more abstract timeframes.

It appears that M1 has been pushed out and we should not expect DAW workflow / sequencer improvements this year.

https://reasonstudios.com/blog/being-pr ... riorities/

Anyone in the know about VST 3? is it in beta yet? I know it is only the 9th of May. I just wanted a progress update.

orthodox
RE Developer

09 May 2022

mimidancer wrote:
09 May 2022
Anyone in the know about VST 3? is it in beta yet? I know it is only the 9th of May. I just wanted a progress update.
It is not in public beta yet. My guess is that it is either still in development or in the earliest alpha.

mimidancer

09 May 2022

orthodox wrote:
09 May 2022
mimidancer wrote:
09 May 2022
It is not in public beta yet. My guess is that it is either still in development or in the earliest alpha.
thanks., I will stop holding my breath. for a couple of weeks.

kitekrazy

14 May 2022

mimidancer wrote:
09 May 2022
deeplink wrote:
21 Mar 2022
A new Roadmap, this time with a little more abstract timeframes.

It appears that M1 has been pushed out and we should not expect DAW workflow / sequencer improvements this year.

https://reasonstudios.com/blog/being-pr ... riorities/

I've been doing a VST3 makeover. All plugins updates or installs are vst3 only for me. While plugins don't take up a lot of space I figure the way to improve the workflow of any DAW is to avoid 1000+ plugins being scanned.

mimidancer

15 May 2022

kitekrazy wrote:
14 May 2022
mimidancer wrote:
09 May 2022

I've been doing a VST3 makeover. All plugins updates or installs are vst3 only for me. While plugins don't take up a lot of space I figure the way to improve the workflow of any DAW is to avoid 1000+ plugins being scanned.
So vst3 is in beta now?

orthodox
RE Developer

15 May 2022

mimidancer wrote:
15 May 2022
kitekrazy wrote:
14 May 2022

So vst3 is in beta now?
It is not.

mimidancer

15 May 2022

orthodox wrote:
15 May 2022
mimidancer wrote:
15 May 2022

So vst3 is in beta now?
It is not.
will you send me a pm when it is? please and thank you.

orthodox
RE Developer

15 May 2022

mimidancer wrote:
15 May 2022
I am bound by a sort of an NDA, and I can't tell anyone anything about what's going on in the Beta. But I am free to talk about what is not there.

joeyluck

15 May 2022

mimidancer wrote:
15 May 2022
orthodox wrote:
15 May 2022

It is not.
It might be public knowledge when it goes into beta. But also, don't expect people to break NDA. You can join the beta.

And in this roadmap update, they said:
The work on supporting VST3 in Reason has now started and is our top priority initiative. We will communicate further on when we know when it will be delivered.

mimidancer

15 May 2022

orthodox wrote:
15 May 2022
mimidancer wrote:
15 May 2022
I am bound by a sort of an NDA, and I can't tell anyone anything about what's going on in the Beta. But I am free to talk about what is not there.

oh, I do not wish for you to break any rules. I am just excited to have this in reason. I look for it often. I just wanted a break from anticipation. Thanks anyway, I understand following the rules.

mimidancer

15 May 2022

joeyluck wrote:
15 May 2022
mimidancer wrote:
15 May 2022

It might be public knowledge when it goes into beta. But also, don't expect people to break NDA. You can join the beta.

And in this roadmap update, they said:
The work on supporting VST3 in Reason has now started and is our top priority initiative. We will communicate further on when we know when it will be delivered.
I did not know there was an NDA.

ShelLuser

20 May 2022

EnochLight wrote:
11 Apr 2022
I don’t deny Android phones are less expensive for often better hardware. That doesn’t change the issues I have with surrendering privacy to Google.
Sorry for a late response but... I felt the same way and discovered that you don't have to. I actually compared the license agreements between Google and Microsoft and being a bit of a Microsoftie myself (where client computing is concerned) I replaced everything on my Android Samsung and.... my launcher is powered by Microsoft, my browser is Edge, my office apps don't point to Google either.

98% of my Android phone is powered by Microsoft. And the other 2% is only used when I want to.

Also important: I can opt-out from sharing anything in my Microsoft apps, even the launcher (an option that doesn't exist in the Google launcher).

Which, to me, also emphasizes the strength of Android: you don't have to rely on Google if you don't want to. I rely on Microsoft myself because I've been using this for work and because I trust them based on actually reading their licenses. But this is only one out of dozens available options.... this choice even goes beyond Google & Microsoft. I don't think you can say the same for the iPhone.
--- :reason:

EnochLight

20 May 2022

ShelLuser wrote:
20 May 2022
I don't think you can say the same for the iPhone.
The beauty is - you don't have to do any of that on the iPhone. It's already done. The experience is extremely streamlined, dare I say "elegant" by comparison. Apple makes it very simple to blanket "opt out"; additionally nor Apple or Siri stores any user data - it's completely anonymous, and most important - the user is not "the product". Apple doesn't sell your data. Period.

It's cool that Microsoft has taken that approach to an extent, but buying an Android phone just to ape Microsoft software onto it seems massively counterintuitive IMHO. Also, what app store do you download apps from? Android Marketplace or Microsoft?

At the end of the day, I get that people are going to prefer the hardware (and software) that works for them, and I absolutely agree that Google/Android does many things extremely well, but there is special level of disdain that I have for Google/Alphabet/Android, and much of it stems from "the user being the product". But, I digress - we seem to be taking this thread way off topic. Oops! :puf_unhappy:

jaeproduced

24 May 2022

Any update on VST3 May is coming to an end?

orthodox
RE Developer

24 May 2022

jaeproduced wrote:
24 May 2022

EnochLight

24 May 2022

orthodox wrote:
24 May 2022
jaeproduced wrote:
24 May 2022
At least:
The work on supporting VST3 in Reason has now started and is our top priority initiative.
:thumbup: :clap:

• Information