Tonicmint CV Tool Bundle?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
gkillmaster

05 Apr 2022

This bundle looks amazing. Is anyone using it and if so can you give me your feedback after using it for awhile?

Thank you,

Greg

https://reasonstudios.com/shop/bundle/cv-tool-bundle/

Mataya

05 Apr 2022

I have a few of them. Pistons my favorite. If you need CV shapes that you can control in real time and also create shapes with other shapes, then you can't go wrong with them.

M

moalla

05 Apr 2022

I use Quadelectras CV Suite, but tonicmint´s stuff looks more versatile for live usage, watched the CV witch Video and must say cool for experimental stuff, also CV range looks nice. The thing is is it useful for your kind of music!? So nice to have at all tools how are made for touch displays with such functions at 100% zoom level, but i also could build my own devices for such usage with hardware controllers and things like volt sl, if i had now the decision what i can chose, i think i would buy this boundle, cause it´s easy and useful for electronic music making with especial live needings ;)
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Bes
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2022

stable tools with countless applications? cv ranger and cv witch are extremely useful translation devices that i often use for building combinators. cv pad is good synth controller fun by itself but with cv origami you can add contours to its XY axis.
- Certified Reason expert

huggermugger

05 Apr 2022

I have three of them, Pistons, Origami and Witch. Witch is a logic and math tool that I rarely use, but Pistons is an excellent LFO tool and Origami is wonderful for CV shaping. I've trialled the CV Pad, and since it's on sale, Imma think about grabbing it. I've trialled Ranger and Shades too, and they were both really useful.

I also own ScaleMatrix (excellent variation on the Scales&Chords concept), and InRange, which is handy for redefining Player note data as it passes thru the stack.

gkillmaster

05 Apr 2022

I wanted to find a controller that would allow me to modulate the Wavestate vector thumbstick properly and it seems like CV XY pad can do it. So in other words each corner can have a value and it's capable of mixing 4 values instead of 2.

gkillmaster

06 Apr 2022

huggermugger wrote:
05 Apr 2022
I have three of them, Pistons, Origami and Witch. Witch is a logic and math tool that I rarely use, but Pistons is an excellent LFO tool and Origami is wonderful for CV shaping. I've trialled the CV Pad, and since it's on sale, Imma think about grabbing it. I've trialled Ranger and Shades too, and they were both really useful.

I also own ScaleMatrix (excellent variation on the Scales&Chords concept), and InRange, which is handy for redefining Player note data as it passes thru the stack.
They all seem really useful and well implemented. Thanks for mentioning ScaleMatrix and InRange. I love the ideas and think they would be super useful for what I'm trying to do.

dvdrtldg

07 Apr 2022

I'm trialling InRange at the moment. It's great! Simple, but just so damn useful, and an instant must-have in any player stack if you're looking to raise your scales/chords game

challism

07 Apr 2022

I am a HUGE TonicMint fan. All of their players are fantastic and very useful (some are even must haves for any player stack). This CV tool bundle is really good too. My favorites in the bundle are Pistons and Origami. Both are incredibly useful and creative. I made a video a while ago showing how Pistons can be perfectly paired with Speo Strive (filter). Beautiful and so much fun! Admittedly, I need to get better acquainted with using the other CV tools in the bundle

Here is a project I'm currently working on that is using Pistons and Origami together with BeatMap.
CV.png
CV.png (825.47 KiB) Viewed 3779 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DJMaytag

14 Jun 2022

It was an instabuy. Definitely some great tools to have in your arsenal. Pistons is by far the most useful device though.

ab459

12 Sep 2022

Folks is there was any discount to this bundle ever or no ?

DJMaytag

12 Sep 2022

ab459 wrote:
12 Sep 2022
I think it might have been $69 at one point, but I wouldn’t have blinked at paying full price for the bundle. It’s worth every penny of whatever price it is.

ab459

12 Sep 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
12 Sep 2022
ab459 wrote:
12 Sep 2022
I think it might have been $69 at one point, but I wouldn’t have blinked at paying full price for the bundle. It’s worth every penny of whatever price it is.
Ok, reg price is 59 as for now.
Well, in principle agreed. Just decided to make sure first.
Ok think will grab as is.

DJMaytag

12 Sep 2022

Oh, yeah. $59 is an amazing price. I thought it started out as $99 when it was first released.

DJMaytag

28 Oct 2022

Any updates on these? The graphics don't look very good when using the application zoom.

Vil
RE Developer

29 Oct 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
28 Oct 2022
Any updates on these? The graphics don't look very good when using the application zoom.
yeah, they are made before the Reasons zooming feature, and this feature is not a big friend of the zero distance between ui widgets. Custom displays also have some compromise (speed/complexity/usability/understandability).
But I hope they are still usable on higher zoom factor.
If you have another problem, just let me know, i accept PMs :)
Attachments
cvtools_at_200.png
cvtools_at_200.png (482.84 KiB) Viewed 2869 times

DJMaytag

29 Oct 2022

They’re still usable, and I only bumped the zoom up to 120% for testing something in the latest beta. I don’t usually use zoom.

ab459

12 Nov 2022

@Vil do you have plan to add new CV Freeze RE to CV Tool bundle too ?

Vil
RE Developer

12 Nov 2022

Absolutely. I planned an upgrade for the bundle, but i can't make a promise with 100%.
Btw more small useful stuffs in the queue, I hope you'll see soon... (few of them leaked in the previous screenshot :) )

ab459

12 Nov 2022

Vil wrote:
12 Nov 2022
Absolutely. I planned an upgrade for the bundle, but i can't make a promise with 100%.
Btw more small useful stuffs in the queue, I hope you'll see soon... (few of them leaked in the previous screenshot :) )
Ok tnx. Just i have plan to buy all your stuff this month lol, what not have yet (incl bundle). So, thought maybe freeze will included in recent days before BF, but ok nvm.
Sale will be not implement for cv bundle ? (yes i understand that price not a bad as is, but just wonder).
Hope see ScaleMatrix at bf too.

Vil
RE Developer

12 Nov 2022

... the remaining time is too short until bf... maybe before Christmas...
The bundle in my head works as a permanent sale. I hope the price is not bad. ;)

ab459

12 Nov 2022

Vil wrote:
12 Nov 2022
... the remaining time is too short until bf... maybe before Christmas...
The bundle in my head works as a permanent sale. I hope the price is not bad. ;)
Yes i understand, ok good. :thumbs_up:

Mattvank

03 Jul 2023

Could someone explain the none A/B functions of Witch (Min,max,AVG etc.) to me? i try different settings but i did not get the point. Maybe with an exsample

jam-s

03 Jul 2023

I suppose min= minimum of both signals, max = maximum of both and avg = average of both (so (A+B)/2).

EDIT: Jup (from the product page):
Boolean operations in CV Witch
  • A : the result is true if the A is true, otherwise false
  • B : the result is true if the B is true, otherwise false
  • Not A : the result is true if the A is false, otherwise false
  • Not B : the result is true if the B is false, otherwise false
  • A And B : the result is true if the A is true and the B is true, otherwise false
  • A Or B : the result is true if the A is true or the B is true, otherwise false
  • A XOr B : the result is true if the A is true and the B is false, or the B is true and the A is false, otherwise false
CV Witch can perform other arithmetical operations too, such as average, maximum, minimum, differences, etc. In this case, the True and False knobs on the front panel have no effect, but the T and F CV inputs can modify the result. (If one of them is connected, then the result will be multiplied by the T and/or F value)
If you need some examples: Start up python and use min(0.5, 0.7), max(0.5, 0.7) statistics.mean((0.5, 0.7)) or any other example values you are interested in.

huggermugger

03 Jul 2023

Mattvank wrote:
03 Jul 2023
Could someone explain the none A/B functions of Witch (Min,max,AVG etc.) to me? i try different settings but i did not get the point. Maybe with an exsample
These images are a starting point for understanding the A/B functions. I used two LFOs from a Pulsar as the CV source. I intentionally synched them both to clock and put them at different rates to make the results easier to notice. If you use two CV sources that aren't so neatly related, you can get some quite crazy patterns going.

When you're using any of the Boolean functions, the output is a series of triggers or gates (logic functions deal in 'on' and 'off', sometimes called 'high' and 'low'). can use the Boolean logic patterns to drive rhythms, to open and close gates, to automate effects on and off, etc. An example would be running a steady pattern of 16th note pulses into A and a slow LFO into B. Then using the A AND B function so that you only hear the pulses when the slow LFO is in the positive range.

When you're using the non-Boolean functions, you get new waveshapes.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (771.91 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
2.png
2.png (770.9 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
3.png
3.png (790.12 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
Last edited by huggermugger on 03 Jul 2023, edited 1 time in total.

• Information