Word/challenge of the month "Dirty" (April)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Popey
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2022

This months word is: Dirty

Was does dirty mean to you? Lots of distortion, a fat bassline, sexy guitar twang. This is your opportunity to make a song showcasing what this means to you.

There is no competition. No Prizes. Everything is for the simple joy of creating and sharing our music with others.

All tools are allowed. If you're asking yourself, can I do this, am I allowed to do that? The answer is yes, you can do whatever you want. There are no rules or creative guidelines you need to follow here. It's just the "word of the month" and what your own creativity/imagination does with it.

Billy+

01 Apr 2022

First thing that came to mind was "Dirty Dutch" I'm hoping that we see some

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2022

Billy+ wrote:
01 Apr 2022
First thing that came to mind was "Dirty Dutch" I'm hoping that we see some

I had to Google that and did not realise Dutch house was called dirty Dutch until then. Are you up for making something in that style Billy? Doesn't have to be a long piece just a bit of fun.

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2022

My friends at the biggest gear rental company in Nashville once told me things became simpler for them when they realized there were basically too major ‘camps’ in audio engineering: Clean and Dirty. Once they realized that they said they stopped suggesting clean gear to dirty engineers, and vise versa, and everyone was happier! There were fewer returns, fewer complaints, happier customers all around (and it made their job easier too).
So for me I would say in the audio world dirty is anything that is not clean, no matter the ‘amount’ of dirt. Or to paraphrase a bad joke, once we’ve established you are a dirty engineer, we are then just haggling over the amount.
I will have to dig around a bit, but as an admitted ‘dirty’ engineer I definitely have some dirty tracks laying around…
Selig Audio, LLC

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2022

selig wrote:
02 Apr 2022
My friends at the biggest gear rental company in Nashville once told me things became simpler for them when they realized there were basically too major ‘camps’ in audio engineering: Clean and Dirty. Once they realized that they said they stopped suggesting clean gear to dirty engineers, and vise versa, and everyone was happier! There were fewer returns, fewer complaints, happier customers all around (and it made their job easier too).
So for me I would say in the audio world dirty is anything that is not clean, no matter the ‘amount’ of dirt. Or to paraphrase a bad joke, once we’ve established you are a dirty engineer, we are then just haggling over the amount.
I will have to dig around a bit, but as an admitted ‘dirty’ engineer I definitely have some dirty tracks laying around…
That would be cool to hear. The word is very open to interpretation so hopefully others will enjoy making something if they have time.

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2022

Well not a new track for this challenge instead I continued practising my mixing and mastering and remixed an old dirty drum and bass track.

• Information