Help and information area

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Kilsane

28 Mar 2022

Why not use the circled area in the screenshot to give information on the different functions that we hover over in Reason as it is done in Ableton live, I find this area under exploited
likewise when we click on a Rack in the browser this gives a brief description of the rack in question
If one day we also have the possibility of taking clip notes in the sequencer, this area will display the note of the selected clip.
These are just a few ideas that came to mind
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2022-03-29 à 00.41.48.jpg
Capture d’écran 2022-03-29 à 00.41.48.jpg (919.58 KiB) Viewed 802 times

djsmex

29 Mar 2022

Kilsane wrote:
28 Mar 2022
If one day we also have the possibility of taking clip notes in the sequencer, this area will display the note of the selected clip.
I'm a little confused about this statement, not being an ableton user and unable to see your images, what are you asking for with the above statement? In Reason, a clip is a container to hold data. This data can be midi, audio, automation or pattern selection on pattern devices. When you select a clip and switch to edit mode, it already shows a toolbar of info relating to items in the clip based on what is selected.
When in sequencer view and not in edit mode, the toolbar shows the selected clip details like length, position etc.

guitfnky

29 Mar 2022

I’d love this. being able to add notes to clips, tracks, etc. is one of the most low key amazing features of Ableton.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Kilsane

29 Mar 2022

djsmex wrote:
29 Mar 2022
Kilsane wrote:
28 Mar 2022
I'm a little confused about this statement, not being an ableton user and unable to see your images, what are you asking for with the above statement? In Reason, a clip is a container to hold data. This data can be midi, audio, automation or pattern selection on pattern devices. When you select a clip and switch to edit mode, it already shows a toolbar of info relating to items in the clip based on what is selected.
When in sequencer view and not in edit mode, the toolbar shows the selected clip details like length, position etc.
I may have misspoken or it's the translation, if we can one day take notes in our clips, it would be nice to be able to read them and display them somewhere and this little area under the browser could be used to view our clip notes

Tweak

30 Mar 2022

I like this too. The idea could very much be extended to allow RE developers to have snippets of their manual explaining button/control functionality which appear on roll over.

djsmex

30 Mar 2022

Thanks for explaining, I now realise you were talking about textual notes not midi or musical notes, I can see how this may be helpful as currently you can only add short text labels and set clip colour to add info.
Perhaps OSC (open sound control), may be an option to allow custom scripting of tooltips, it may even be an option for adding improved accessibility.

huggermugger

30 Mar 2022

I like your idea. In a complex UI like Reason, any empty space is wasted space.

Rising Night Wave

30 Mar 2022

this are you are mentioning would be so f* useful for WAV samples.
for instance: i have a lot of WAV samples which i bought that start with silence for some seconds. so it would be useful if this info area would have a visual presentation of WAV files when selected.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

• Information