(Goa/Psytrance) We Are Not Alone

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
killhamster

23 Mar 2022

Been working on this for a while, going to submit it for this year's DEF CON soundtrack album. It came about from me finally unpacking and connecting my TB-03 to my new PC and fiddling with it a bit.

Uman's

23 Mar 2022

Hi

Frankly, I hope you get more comments, because it's not bad !

I wish it had flown a little more at the end, but the idea is there

Thx for sharing
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

killhamster

25 Mar 2022

Thanks! I tried to cut this one short because I have a tendency to make things needlessly long without enough development of themes and I'm putting it in for a soundtrack CD and didn't want to have it be excessively long compared to other tracks that might be on the album.

Uman's

25 Mar 2022

Hi
I understand much better now why it seems to be missing a little something ! :puf_bigsmile:

It's ultimately a good exercise to look for less length because it forces you to make your theme stronger in variations.
Very often songs that are too long hide a certain lack of inspiration.

Here I find the theme interesting, but no doubt its structure would be more suitable if you play it like you build a radiohit.

LaudusDeWire

25 Mar 2022

Nice track. Like the groove and melodies in it! :thumbup:

The sample "we are not alone" bores me a bit, because you use it very often. Maybe it would be more interesting if you create different versions based on the original sample (slow it down, pitch it, use reversed reverb etc.).
Soundcloud

:reason: R12 | 🎹 Sequential Pro 3 | 🥁 Arturia Drum Brute Impact | 🎛 Synapse Dune 3

killhamster

27 Mar 2022

I took some time and made an extended version of it:

Uman's

30 Mar 2022

It's not what I expected from you, you added length rather than developing the melody. :puf_unhappy:

Last Alternative

02 Apr 2022

Flashbacks to my rave days. I agree to change up the voice more. Very X-files. I think with more work on the voice samples it’ll be ready for submission. Excellent production.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Rising Night Wave

02 Apr 2022

killhamster wrote:
23 Mar 2022

Been working on this for a while, going to submit it for this year's DEF CON soundtrack album. It came about from me finally unpacking and connecting my TB-03 to my new PC and fiddling with it a bit.
holy makaroni and 10 tons of sauce! the bass line at the start is brutally good.i like it a lot.
although it is tipically goa it is still very good song.

am, this is strictly my personal view: i do not like movie voice inserts in music that much. so this is bothering me. but song is still good.
i gave you one like and one repost on SC.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2022

:Thats bangin. really great club track as its got a real drive to it. great work :thumbs_up:

killhamster

04 Apr 2022

Uman's wrote:
30 Mar 2022
It's not what I expected from you, you added length rather than developing the melody. :puf_unhappy:
I'm sorry, I just felt like I'd gotten out most of my limited melodic vocabulary out with what I had already. I did play it up a little with an extra synth arpeggiating a different way, but not much beyond that.
Last Alternative wrote:
02 Apr 2022
Very X-files.
The primary samples are actually of the actor who played Mr. X, from some TV special I found about a video of suspect origin.
Rising Night Wave wrote:
02 Apr 2022
holy makaroni and 10 tons of sauce! the bass line at the start is brutally good.i like it a lot.
although it is tipically goa it is still very good song.
Thanks! I'm really enjoying what bassline generator can do, especially when combined with arpeggiators or sequenced synth patches. It's one of my go-to players now, even more so than the drum sequencer.
Popey wrote:
02 Apr 2022
:Thats bangin. really great club track as its got a real drive to it. great work :thumbs_up:
:puf_bigsmile:

And the consensus seems to be to cut back on the samples. I guess i kind of did go overboard a bit :oops:

• Information