(Psychadelic/Alt-Rock) A Series Of Rounds (The Soul Resistor)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
NMN

09 Mar 2022

Hi, this is my first post requesting feedback in this forum. Looking for mix/mastering/production feedback. I think that the bass sounds a bit flat (not tonal), blurry and muddy so I am trying to find ways to give that more definition and clarity. Thank you for listening!

Last edited by NMN on 13 Sep 2022, edited 1 time in total.

WOO

09 Mar 2022

Hey I went to soundcloud and listened to your music. Very good songs. You have a lot of talent. As for the production of your song. It sounded good to my ears. What instruments did you play on this?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2022

Really nice track. I espcially like the when the 1:51 part comes in.
I thought the mix/production sounded fine.

NMN

16 Mar 2022

thanks for listening. cheers

Fotu

16 Mar 2022

Very nice, very creative blend.

Wav-E

16 Mar 2022

Intresting melody and the noise between, cool guitar and synth melody, I didn´t expect a vocal, cool song. Maybe on some spots the vocal is too low ....or my speakers are not good
:-)

jjpscott01

22 Apr 2022

This sounds so Cool. I don’t know if you’re familiar with a band from several years ago called “Dredg”, but this sound reminds me of them and that’s definitely a complement. Keep it up
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

Uman's

29 Apr 2022

NMN wrote:the bass sounds a bit flat (not tonal), blurry and muddy
Yes, it's a bit true but the whole thing is so good !

I wonder which instrument is true ? or made with Reason ?
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

NMN

04 May 2022

NMN wrote:
09 Mar 2022
Hi, this is my first post requesting feedback in this forum. Looking for mix/mastering/production feedback. I think that the bass sounds a bit flat (not tonal), blurry and muddy so I am trying to find ways to give that more definition and clarity. Thank you for listening!

Thanks everyone for listening and the kind feedback. I finally bought a set of decent monitors and remixed everything. I like the results so far. Let me know what you think!

Mich01

06 May 2022

Hi

I think this is is a nice and interesting composition.

As a feedback on you 'production' question :
I would try to exchange the synthbass with a bass-guitarsound (some of the stocksamples are really good). Connected via the (stock)softube amp will definitly give it another punch and some brightness.
The drums can be cranked up a bit in the overall mix.
I think I would broaden the string-synth, and add some movement to it (little waveshape variation or so and a stereo chorus or delay over it).

Said this, this song is OK in itself and the suggested changes are from my perspective and taste.

Well done

Greetzz
Michel

NMN

12 May 2022

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I uploaded a new mix using some of your suggestions.

mimidancer

13 May 2022

NMN wrote:
09 Mar 2022

It has a Pink Floyd vibe with a Captain Beefheart soul. I think after the chaotic build a modulation would have been nice for the solo. That being said, you know how many guitar players it takes to screw in a lightbulb? 5, 1 to screw it in and 4 to say how they would have done it differently.

Uman's

13 May 2022

NMN wrote:
12 May 2022
Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I uploaded a new mix using some of your suggestions.
Yes ! It's clearly better!
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

NMN

13 Sep 2022

Thanks again for the all the feedback! Here is the final mix of this song and it's now available for purchase as well on most streaming platforms.

• Information