Does RRP work in Maschine on Windows?

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
chimp_spanner

05 Mar 2022

Hey all - previously I did this no problems on Mac using the AU version. I've since gone over to Windows and while I've spent a while trying to get it to work, I'm vaguely remembering that it's Mac only. Is this still the case? Anyone got it working? It shows up as a plugin in all my other DAWs. Maschine is just not having it.

PhillipOrdonez

05 Mar 2022

Does Maschine support vst3?

chimp_spanner

05 Mar 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
05 Mar 2022
In the plugin management section it's recognising/registering VST3 versions of the NI plugins so I guess so? Lemme see if I can check with something else I know for sure is VST3.

chimp_spanner

05 Mar 2022

Okay that might've just answered the question - looks like it doesn't. Splice Bridge doesn't show up either. WTF? And we thought we had it bad here in Reason land! NI have super-villain money. And VST3 doesn't seem to be a priority for them. Weird!

PhillipOrdonez

05 Mar 2022

There you go.

J2D2

05 Mar 2022

Ni only support their own NI VST3 plugins at the moment, Im on Mac and I can't get RRP to load, its there but won't load the GUI.
Im new to Maschine but Old time reason user so was trying to change my setup and try something new without having to buy more VST/AU synths and stick with my Reason machines Ive learned so well.

Thats not working out for me, I have an open ticket with NI but its going in circles at the moment, its like I'm the first guy to have the issue and they are baffled by it lol

Im sure its coming but who knows when

lowtom

06 Mar 2022

J2D2 wrote:
05 Mar 2022
Ni only support their own NI VST3 plugins at the moment, Im on Mac and I can't get RRP to load, its there but won't load the GUI.
Im new to Maschine but Old time reason user so was trying to change my setup and try something new without having to buy more VST/AU synths and stick with my Reason machines Ive learned so well.

Thats not working out for me, I have an open ticket with NI but its going in circles at the moment, its like I'm the first guy to have the issue and they are baffled by it lol

Im sure its coming but who knows when
I have the same issue and NI are aware of it. I reported it way back during beta test of Maschine 2.12.
The only solution I received is to go back to some older beta version (2.10 or something), before Maschine was blocking third party VST3 plugins, but still allowed to load them.

Keep in mind that AU will also not work, as RRP is still just VST3 in AU shell.
NI needs to unblock loading of third party VST3 plugins for RRP to work correctly.
:reason: :refill: :re:

Goriila Texas

06 Mar 2022

It's crazy how this post wasn't moved to the RRP sub forum like my RRP post was.

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
05 Mar 2022

• Information