The VSTs you would like to have in Rack extensions

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
cocoazenith

27 Feb 2022

Roland XV5080

Neo

27 Feb 2022

https://www.vintagesynth.com/elka/elkasyn.php
elka_synthex_rear2.jpg
elka_synthex_rear2.jpg (42.31 KiB) Viewed 3153 times
elka_synthex.jpg
elka_synthex.jpg (55.82 KiB) Viewed 3153 times
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/xils-lab-synthix
https://www.uvi.net/synthox.html
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Feb 2022

visheshl wrote: ↑
22 Feb 2022
So if RE Dev's are looking for a recreation, perhaps they could get a recreation of a good sampler like kontakt to the reason Rack.
A much smarter idea would be to build instrument specific sampler devices. However, given the power of the NN-XT, the power of the various Reason fx, Players native to Reason or otherwise and the new Combinator design, you already have most of the power required to build “super-samplers” in this image. The only limit is your own imagination.

Add to this that the “Kontakt model” of sampling, has barely moved in the last 15 years; a few new fx types added, and creator tools which exist entirely outside of Kontakt to ease the scripting process for non-coders… and that’s it.

I like the idea of adding innovative samplers, but a Kontakt clone is something I wouldn’t consider at all as a developer… and while we’re there, you couldn’t get close to Kontakt with the current SDK, in fact doing the NN-XT would be extremely difficult.

selig
RE Developer

27 Feb 2022

Enlightenspeed wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2022
visheshl wrote: ↑
22 Feb 2022
So if RE Dev's are looking for a recreation, perhaps they could get a recreation of a good sampler like kontakt to the reason Rack.
A much smarter idea would be to build instrument specific sampler devices. However, given the power of the NN-XT, the power of the various Reason fx, Players native to Reason or otherwise and the new Combinator design, you already have most of the power required to build “super-samplers” in this image. The only limit is your own imagination.
Well, there is the huge (IMO) and total lack of displays of any sort, from simple LEDs to more elaborate meters or custom displays. This makes even simple things like switching between different filter types (need radio buttons, stepped controls, or popup menus), to more complex things like seeing the waveform of an LFO quite impossible, not to mention any level of visual feedback...
Selig Audio, LLC

jam-s

27 Feb 2022

The ujam gorilla engine (the IDT RE SDK) is exactly what RS have put up against Kontakt. I think it even has import filters for Kontakt instruments to get them into an RE quickly.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Feb 2022

selig wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2022
27 Feb 2022

Well, there is the huge (IMO) and total lack of displays of any sort, from simple LEDs to more elaborate meters or custom displays. This makes even simple things like switching between different filter types (need radio buttons, stepped controls, or popup menus), to more complex things like seeing the waveform of an LFO quite impossible, not to mention any level of visual feedback...
Oh absolutely, I agree that the format has plenty of room to grow. First on the list for me is definitely radio buttons.
Scripting facilities I’d like to see done as a public library of some sort, and meters could be done very well like that.
All depends on the design, of course.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Feb 2022

jam-s wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2022
The ujam gorilla engine (the IDT RE SDK) is exactly what RS have put up against Kontakt. I think it even has import filters for Kontakt instruments to get them into an RE quickly.
Not exactly, not everyone is allowed to use it. AFAIK it is at Ujam’s discretion who is allowed to use it.

challism

27 Feb 2022

Is it too soon to say Waves CR8 Creative Sampler? ha ha ha
I love Mimic, but it's a bit half-baked.; it would be nice if RS would finish developing Mimic to make it what it really should/could be.

And...... I would LOVE to see Lectric Panda take a stab at building a creative sampler. If you are reading this, Rob.... please give it some thought. <3
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

jam-s

27 Feb 2022

27 Feb 2022
27 Feb 2022
Not exactly, not everyone is allowed to use it. AFAIK it is at Ujam’s discretion who is allowed to use it.
To me it looks like a pretty open (for all) process: https://gorilla-engine.com/
But of course you have to register and sign-up to some kind of licensing deal with UJAM to get going.

WOO

27 Feb 2022

Roland D-50, Korg Wavestation and Korg M -1

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

28 Feb 2022

27 Feb 2022
27 Feb 2022

To me it looks like a pretty open (for all) process: https://gorilla-engine.com/
But of course you have to register and sign-up to some kind of licensing deal with UJAM to get going.
I think it was more of a beta deal at the time I applied, but it was closed off. This certainly looks more open now, but it’s something I need to confirm.

altron

28 Feb 2022

I have only one wish: The Captain Chord plugins as RE Player devices!
Trap is where music goes to die.

integerpoet

28 Feb 2022

deigm wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2022
integerpoet wrote: ↑
16 Feb 2022
The only ones I want are those which "think outside the box", for example TrackSpacer. I definitely don't need all the analog emulation fetish objects and the reverbs officially licensed by studios as resembling their rooms and all the rest of the marketing-driven chaos out there in VST land.
For TrackSpacer functionality check out the rack extension Carve EQ Ducker if you haven't already. I believe Omega DEQ can do it as well.
Bookmarked and will do! Thanks…

boomer

01 Mar 2022

Just one for me thanks … Melodyne!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

01 Mar 2022

boomer wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2022
Just one for me thanks … Melodyne!
I'd rather have it as an ARA tbh, although this is not likely on the Radar for RS. In fairness, I'm much more likely to use Melodyne in Cubase later on, rather than in Reason Standalone, so it's kind of a moot point for me.

DJMaytag

03 Mar 2022

VCV Rack
The rest of the Expert Sleepers Silent Way Suite (never going to happen though)
Everything from Plug-in Alliance

Kilsane

06 Mar 2022

Synapse Dune 3
CableGuys Pancake

ekss
RE Developer

06 Mar 2022

28 Feb 2022
27 Feb 2022

I think it was more of a beta deal at the time I applied, but it was closed off. This certainly looks more open now, but it’s something I need to confirm.
You can download and get started with GE 2.0.2 directly from here: reasonstudios.com/developer (you need to be logged in and approved as a developer to access the link, otherwise you’ll be forwarded to the public dev site)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

07 Mar 2022

ekss wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2022
28 Feb 2022

You can download and get started with GE 2.0.2 directly from here: reasonstudios.com/developer (you need to be logged in and approved as a developer to access the link, otherwise you’ll be forwarded to the public dev site)
Thank you, Ekss!!! :D

integerpoet

10 Sep 2022

Finally got around to this...
deigm wrote: ↑
27 Feb 2022
For TrackSpacer functionality check out the rack extension Carve EQ Ducker if you haven't already.
I've been trying this and haven't been able to find a sweet spot but I may try again later because I much prefer RE to VST. I also found it irksome that I can't listen to the reference input post-filter.
I believe Omega DEQ can do it as well.
I watched the video and it seemed he was using it mostly as a way to EQ a signal based on itself. It looks as if it has a side-chain input on the back, but TBH the number of controls on the front seemed to have too high a cognitive load.

I ended up using ColoringEQ to high-pass-filter almost everything but the kick out of the the drum track and then just mixed that back into the rest of the drum track. Definitely not the same thing but probably good enough in practice. I probably could have just boosted the fundamental of the kick a bit, but I had the filter already from an earlier experiment with Carve, so I just kept it. At some point, finishing would be nice.

If my employer weren't so possessive of my ideas, I could come up with some other excuse for not having become an RE developer by now. :puf_smile:

moalla

11 Sep 2022

Waves Abbey Road Chambers
Fuse Audio W2395c classic Baxandall EQ
Audiothing Motor and Texture
Soundtoys Little Alter Boy and Crystalizer
Millenia NSEQ2
Arturia Tape Mello-Fi
Elysia Mpressor
Bleass Slow Machine
The Uhe Synths
D16 Drumazon
Tal Bassline
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

selig
RE Developer

11 Sep 2022

27 Feb 2022
27 Feb 2022
Indeed, I was not able to get access to it the last time I asked…
Selig Audio, LLC

Billy+

11 Sep 2022

selig wrote: ↑
11 Sep 2022
27 Feb 2022

Indeed, I was not able to get access to it the last time I asked…
Actually if you're a registered developer on Reason Studios you can find the GE listed in the download section for developers ;)
GEDownload.png
GEDownload.png (7.7 KiB) Viewed 2102 times

Faastwalker

12 Sep 2022

I don't use many VST's. Rarely have as been a predominantly Reason user since V2.

I like GForce's ImpOSCar 2. But happy using this as a VST in Reason really.

RoboticBean's Portatron as an RE would be tempting

https://roboticbean.com/products/portatron/

Faastwalker

13 Sep 2022

………… oh, and this :cool:

https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2022 ... et-weapon/

• Information