Get Bitwig 8 Track for free complete with license code

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Heater

18 Feb 2022

Go here and register

https://futureplc.slgnt.eu/optiext/opti ... dZBNf64KbS

Wait for the email confirmation and then register the license code with Bitwig.

moofi

18 Feb 2022

Thanks a lot, already installed + registered. Pleasant way being able to check it out.

Mattvank

19 Feb 2022

It´s working but the link doesn´t look serious. No CM or Bitwig Webpage.

hamsterfactor

19 Feb 2022

thanks for this!
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

rcbuse
RE Developer

19 Feb 2022

I've been working my way though the bitwig manual for the past 10 days. I could never get into Ableton, but bitwig just seems amazing to me. Thankfully reason 11 can be used as a VST so I can bring all of my favorites along.

challism

19 Feb 2022

I'm not really interested in other DAWs, but with the state of things lately, and the general direction I see RS headed, I've been shopping around. Bitwig looks like the closest thing to "home" for me of all the DAWs I've looked at. Thanks for posting this free license; what better way to try it out.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

VariableX

19 Feb 2022

yeah could be worth trying as i posted thinking it was 'boutique' with not enough adopters...
still not sure i like my details held by professional marketeers... pity bitwig dont just have it for free on there website? why not?

rcbuse
RE Developer

19 Feb 2022

VariableX wrote:
19 Feb 2022
yeah could be worth trying as i posted thinking it was 'boutique' with not enough adopters...
still not sure i like my details held by professional marketeers... pity bitwig dont just have it for free on there website? why not?
They do
https://www.bitwig.com/download/
30 days free with all features enabled. This is what I've been using for the past 15 days to get though the manual. I'm pretty sure when the period is up I'll be buying. Which, it looks like if you have the 8-Track version you get an 'upgrade' discount to full.

VariableX

19 Feb 2022

rcbuse wrote:
19 Feb 2022
VariableX wrote:
19 Feb 2022
They do
https://www.bitwig.com/download/
30 days free with all features enabled. This is what I've been using for the past 15 days to get though the manual. I'm pretty sure when the period is up I'll be buying. Which, it looks like if you have the 8-Track version you get an 'upgrade' discount to full.
yeah but my point was you can get the 8 track free by giving up details to marketing ( for a different company ) why not just let us have it for free from there own site?

but yeah maybe ill download for free and have a play of the full version

rcbuse
RE Developer

19 Feb 2022

VariableX wrote:
19 Feb 2022

yeah but my point was you can get the 8 track free by giving up details to marketing ( for a different company ) why not just let us have it for free from there own site?

but yeah maybe ill download for free and have a play of the full version
Ah! yea, I see what you were saying. Agreed!

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2022

Is it available directly here?

https://www.bitwig.com/8-track/

Kinda hard to tell, it provides the download link but says "When asked, enter your Bitwig Studio 8-Track license serial" so I'm not sure ..

motuscott

20 Feb 2022

Steedus wrote:
20 Feb 2022
Kinda hard to tell, it provides the download link but says "When asked, enter your Bitwig Studio 8-Track license serial" so I'm not sure ..
I ran into that as well. Ended up w/ the 30 day trial
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

rcbuse
RE Developer

24 Feb 2022

After snagging the 8 track license for free above, I got an email today about a flash sale on the upgrade to full.

"This limited offer ends this Sunday, February 27, so don't hesitate. Use the coupon code FLASH-FEB22 when purchasing your Upgrade From 8-Track license"

So when all was said and done you get full studio for $259 down from $400. Not bad.

Faastwalker

25 Feb 2022

challism wrote:
19 Feb 2022
I'm not really interested in other DAWs, but with the state of things lately, and the general direction I see RS headed, I've been shopping around.

Bitwig looks like the closest thing to "home" for me of all the DAWs I've looked at. Thanks for posting this free license; what better way to try it out.
Snap! Want to stick with Reason but nervous about their direction. R11 becoming a VST and R12 seemingly forgetting Reason is a DAW raises serious questions.

Bitwig looks the most appealing of everything out there currently for me. Also never an Ableton Live fan. But Bitwig looks increasingly appealing as an alternative to Reason as a DAW.

VariableX

25 Feb 2022

rcbuse wrote:
24 Feb 2022
After snagging the 8 track license for free above, I got an email today about a flash sale on the upgrade to full.

"This limited offer ends this Sunday, February 27, so don't hesitate. Use the coupon code FLASH-FEB22 when purchasing your Upgrade From 8-Track license"

So when all was said and done you get full studio for $259 down from $400. Not bad.
are you gonna bite?

rcbuse
RE Developer

25 Feb 2022

VariableX wrote:
25 Feb 2022
rcbuse wrote:
24 Feb 2022

are you gonna bite?
I clicked 'buy' 2 minutes after I got the email. I'm full on hooked.
Their manual is also one of the best I've come across, I read it front to back and feel like I know how everything works.

Heater

25 Feb 2022

rcbuse wrote:
25 Feb 2022
VariableX wrote:
25 Feb 2022

are you gonna bite?
Their manual is also one of the best I've come across, I read it front to back and feel like I know how everything works.
You are now the forum bitwig guru. :puf_smile:

ksniod

25 Feb 2022

Heater wrote:
25 Feb 2022
rcbuse wrote:
25 Feb 2022

You are now the forum bitwig guru. :puf_smile:
and we hope to see your grid creations soon :)

visheshl

25 Feb 2022

I tried it a while back, the interface was alien to me, i couldn't get my head around it. But I'm nervous about reason heading fully towards subscription model, so i do need to look for alternatives...I'll give it a try again i guess...does bitwig studio have its own instruments and extensions like reason? Does it have alternatives to reason players ?

rcbuse
RE Developer

25 Feb 2022

visheshl wrote:
25 Feb 2022
I tried it a while back, the interface was alien to me, i couldn't get my head around it. But I'm nervous about reason heading fully towards subscription model, so i do need to look for alternatives...I'll give it a try again i guess...does bitwig studio have its own instruments and extensions like reason? Does it have alternatives to reason players ?
It does have its own instruments. They way the devices are setup are unlike anything I've seen before. They have this system called "universal modulation". If you are coming from Reason, it would be like.... uh... every device has a built in super combinator in front of it. And that combinator had the ability to host LFOs and Envelopes and all the building blocks of modulation. They took out the modulation matrix from all the synths and put them on the front side, so they can work on chains of synths and effects. You don't need these huge combined devices with 64 modulation matrix slots and 12 envelopes and 300 lfos. You can have a very simple stripped down synth and add modulation as you need it.
There is a whole suite of note effects too that manipulate note data like players.

visheshl

25 Feb 2022

rcbuse wrote:
25 Feb 2022
visheshl wrote:
25 Feb 2022
It does have its own instruments. They way the devices are setup are unlike anything I've seen before. They have this system called "universal modulation". If you are coming from Reason, it would be like.... uh... every device has a built in super combinator in front of it. And that combinator had the ability to host LFOs and Envelopes and all the building blocks of modulation. They took out the modulation matrix from all the synths and put them on the front side, so they can work on chains of synths and effects. You don't need these huge combined devices with 64 modulation matrix slots and 12 envelopes and 300 lfos. You can have a very simple stripped down synth and add modulation as you need it.
There is a whole suite of note effects too that manipulate note data like players.
Hmm...I'm more interested in alternatives to player devices, I'd like an alternative to a good scales plugin and a good pattern arpeggiator like kompulsion. If that's built into the software itself, it would be awesome.
How about the sound library ? Doest it have a big sound library like the factory sound bank?

Looks like I will have to give it a trial.

visheshl

25 Feb 2022

Nope, i started watching a bitwig video, and it just seems so complex to me...it's not inviting enough to actually make music, it's like cars right, a car should look and feel fun to drive, if a car had ten pedals and ten steering wheels, it wouldn't be user friendly, for me at least for now what works is Ableton and reason rack plugin, i don't know what I'll do if reason goes subscription only... because I don't like rentals i prefer ownership....maybe I will switch to only using Ableton Live. At least they don't feel like they're going the way of subscription model.

Sure I will lose my rack extensions and my reason synths, but the concept of ownership is still dear to me. I don't like the idea of companies renting stuff to me.

Reason + feels like extortion to me, if you don't keep paying us you won't be able to open your music projects.
It's like the landlord locking your front door and all your stuff is inside the house. Until you pay the landlord you can't get in. You can't take your stuff out either. You're locked out of your house.
The music project is my stuff but the software is rented to me. And if i don't pay reason studios they lock me out of using my own stuff.
Which is in the rented house.
As for bitwig, Bit wig is a little too complex for me to actually enjoy making music on it.

bangaio

25 Feb 2022

I have jumped on this too - I had already used Bitwig bit dithered and sold it - big regret so I am back on it and as much as I hate to say it RRP runs so well in Bitwig - it's almost like it's home now. I have used Ableton Live on and off since v1.5 but only lived in in session view - I couldn't finish anything. With Bitwig on the other hand I am always in the regular arrange sequencer page and I leave session view well alone. What an age we live in!

VariableX

25 Feb 2022

rcbuse wrote:
25 Feb 2022
VariableX wrote:
25 Feb 2022

are you gonna bite?
congrats!!
its always exciting when something 'new' piques our interest!
I downloaded the trial late last night, soundcard and midi was easy to set up, then i got listened to one of the demo project - the interface looked slick. Thats about all i did before i went to bed. Will have to read the manual to understand whats going on but thats a given anyway. I'm still leaning towards ableton but im going to give this a 30day trial and see.

• Information