Word / Challenge of the month - "MEMORIES"- (february)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Feb 2022

This months word comes from Popey: Memories

A word that leaves a lot of room for personal interpretation.

There's no competition. No prizes. Everything is for the simple joy of creating and sharing our music with others.

All tools are allowed. If you're asking yourself, can I do this, am I allowed to do that? The answer is yes, you can do whatever you want. There are no rules or creative guidelines you need to follow here. It's just the "word of the month" and what your own creativity/imagination does with it.

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2022

It should not come as any surprise I am up for this challenge. Just got to shake off the rona and feel like myself again.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2022

I already have layed down a sprout of a song fitting this month's theme. I hope I can finish it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2022

I'm gonna have to do some thinking for this challenge. Still have no idea what type of memory I'll let myself be influenced by.

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Feb 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 Feb 2022
I'm gonna have to do some thinking for this challenge. Still have no idea what type of memory I'll let myself be influenced by.
I actually agree as I liked the word I thought up but had loads of ideas flying around my head it is so open ended. Thankfully last night I decided my influence and have got the basis of my idea down in the daw (well a substantial 32 bar loop so far anyway)

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2022

A bit of context for this song.

This song is inspired by probably the one of the first house tracks I heard and really loved and the memories it invokes. Back in around 1990/91 I mostly listened to hip hop and old electro breakdance music but went to Austria on a skiing trip with friends and my friend Darren had a tape that we kept playing each night whilst playing cards and getting drunk on stiegl beer. From hearing this track on that holiday i went on to really like rave, drum and bass, trance, techno etc

This track is inspired by/ a remix of this track that takes me back to Austria, stiegl beer and good times. Brucey bonus point for anyone who can name the track it is inspired by

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2022

Popey wrote:
06 Feb 2022

This song is inspired by probably the one of the first house tracks I heard and really loved and the memories it invokes. Back in around 1990/91 I mostly listened to hip hop and old electro breakdance music but went to Austria on a skiing trip with friends and my friend Darren had a tape that we kept playing each night whilst playing cards and getting drunk on stiegl beer. From hearing this track on that holiday i went on to really like rave, drum and bass, trance, techno etc

This track is inspired by/ a remix of this track that takes me back to Austria, stiegl beer and good times. Brucey bonus point for anyone who can name the track it is inspired by

Sounds good. It's got a nice flow to it.

I'm gonna need a little more time myself. But I have started on a track now at least.

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Feb 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Feb 2022
Popey wrote:
06 Feb 2022

Sounds good. It's got a nice flow to it.

I'm gonna need a little more time myself. But I have started on a track now at least.
Thanks Tritone Addiction. This came together really quickly once I decided on the inspiration and having a couple of days holiday from work meant I could spend time creating it whilst kids were at school (aka had some peace and quiet lol)

dvdrtldg

15 Feb 2022

Hmmm, memories. Floating downstream on a raft of reminiscence. Not sure I've quite tamed the bass here, but it's a sketch of something in progress

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
15 Feb 2022
Hmmm, memories. Floating downstream on a raft of reminiscence. Not sure I've quite tamed the bass here, but it's a sketch of something in progress

Sounds cool so far. Maybe it is the fact you said floating downstream on a raft but when listening i pictured myself on a dinghy floating down a river in a rainforest due to some of the sounds. It was a good journey :clap:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2022

Unfortunately I won't be able to finish this tune in time for this month. I'll be too busy with other things. Hopefully I'll finish it when I've got more time.
But rather than not post anything at all, I'll post what I've got so far.

The inspiration comes from my teenage years, the time when I was really into the Prodigy.
With this track I've mainly drawn influences from their first two records Experience and Music for the gilted generation. It's not an exact copy or anything, but I've tried to use somewhat similar sounds from that era.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 Feb 2022

Everybody's in the place - let's go!

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 Feb 2022
Unfortunately I won't be able to finish this tune in time for this month. I'll be too busy with other things. Hopefully I'll finish it when I've got more time.

The inspiration comes from my teenage years, the time when I was really into the Prodigy.
With this track I've mainly drawn influences from their first two records Experience and Music for the gilted generation. It's not an exact copy or anything, but I've tried to use somewhat similar sounds from that era.

Yeah that's very cool. The lead synth is very reminiscent of a certain prodigy track cannot put my finger on it (perhaps voodoo people) but really good.

Edit:quarmat was correct it is everybody in the place this reminded me of.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2022

Quarmat wrote:
22 Feb 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 Feb 2022

Everybody's in the place - let's go!
I could use some energetic pitched up vocals for my track for more early Prodigy authenticity :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2022

Popey wrote:
22 Feb 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 Feb 2022

Yeah that's very cool. The lead synth is very reminiscent of a certain prodigy track cannot put my finger on it (perhaps voodoo people) but really good.

Thanks. The lead is definitely inspired by Voodoo People.
Listen at 2:43

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 Feb 2022
Popey wrote:
22 Feb 2022

Thanks. The lead is definitely inspired by Voodoo People.
Listen at 2:43
Yeah you are right. Should have gone with my original instinct🤣. I loved all the Prodigy tracks but especially the earlier stuff

Bes
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2022

- Certified Reason expert

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2022

Bes wrote:
27 Feb 2022
Nice track bes. Love the laid back vide to this song.

• Information