Ableton Live 11.1 update is out

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
visheshl

02 Feb 2022

I think now since RRP is there, and we've got a big library of different devices including third party rack extensions, i think reason studios can now concentrate on improving the sequencer and other stuff rather than just adding more devices....that will be better for the users who use only reason standalone. Others can just use their favourite daw with reason Rack plugin.

EnochLight

02 Feb 2022

chimp_spanner wrote:
02 Feb 2022
Just to echo what others have said, a lot of that list is bug fixes. I don't know if we have that many bugs in Reason currently? I don't feel like I've encountered that many. But, at the same time, they were able to squeeze in some QOL stuff (new shortcuts, re-designing the clip tools interface, etc.) and that's really the stuff I hanker for. Like absolutely, sort the HDPI stuff out, M1, all of that, that's great. But if at the same time we were getting things like MIDI note chase, tab to move to a new track to rename it, legato extending the last note to the end of the clip, just tiny things like that, it would all add up to a greater experience overall. Nothing paradigm changing. Not after getting FL's piano roll or Live's clips or Bitwigs whatever. We just need to start chipping away at those little hinderances that have been there for quite literally years.
Preach it, brother!

Anyway, I was finally able to get Live 11.1 to install. Not sure why it took so long - got a new 2 TB SSD and a generally lean running machine despite its age. Discovered Ableton removed Live's support for folder shortcuts (for multiple VST directories). Not sure why they did that - it seems like they're going out of their way to be jerks. :lol: Had to resort to symlinks to get it to read my 3 different main VST folder locations. But I'm good to go now, so - there's that. :thumbup: :lol:

Pro tip: anyone who hates sussing about with Window's CMD prompt, I highly recommend the free symlink utility called "Link Shell Extension". It adds a graphical user interface and integrates with Windows Explorer's right-click menu, making symlinks a breeze.

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... nsion.html

Handy tutorial I used is here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

taddx

02 Feb 2022

chimp_spanner wrote:
02 Feb 2022
We just need to start chipping away at those little hinderances that have been there for quite literally years.
:thumbup:

Billy+

02 Feb 2022

Heater wrote:
02 Feb 2022
Billy+ wrote:
01 Feb 2022
Would you lay money on that estimate and what state is R12 going to be in at that point,
I would not but my fingers are double crossed.
Faith is a good thing to have but mine has been seriously reduced over the last few years.

StephenHutchinson

02 Feb 2022

Installed the updated today on my Mac mini M1. Ableton Live 11 Suite with a ton of plugins opens up now in under 1 second. Fantastic!
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

Billy+

02 Feb 2022

StephenHutchinson wrote:
02 Feb 2022
Installed the updated today on my Mac mini M1. Ableton Live 11 Suite with a ton of plugins opens up now in under 1 second. Fantastic!
My brother has an M1 mini,

he has always used macs with live and said he has a few projects that killed his MacBook Pro but was only using 25% under Rosetta and now it's native the projects are down to around 17% :shock:

That's a massive improvement no matter what way you look at it.......

EnochLight

02 Feb 2022

StephenHutchinson wrote:
02 Feb 2022
BWAHAHAHAH!!! Meanwhile, on my almost 10 year old PC:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

03 Feb 2022

EnochLight wrote:
02 Feb 2022
StephenHutchinson wrote:
02 Feb 2022

30 seconds to start a program. How long would it take on a normal HD?

Well, at least starts faster than Reason and no login or license update prompt.

ProTracker started in a few seconds... From a floppy disc...
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

03 Feb 2022

Loque wrote:
03 Feb 2022

30 seconds to start a program. How long would it take on a normal HD?

Well, at least starts faster than Reason and no login or license update prompt.

ProTracker started in a few seconds... From a floppy disc...
Hehehe, true. Reason currently takes about 35-40 seconds to start (and then isn’t usable). With Live, I can jump right in and start making music. That’s a win.

fieldframe
RE Developer

03 Feb 2022

EnochLight wrote:
02 Feb 2022
StephenHutchinson wrote:
02 Feb 2022

Definitely don't buy any Arturia plugins.

StephenHutchinson

09 Feb 2022

EnochLight wrote:
02 Feb 2022
StephenHutchinson wrote:
02 Feb 2022
Oh My!!! (imagine the voice of George Takei)
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

Jagwah

10 Feb 2022

EnochLight wrote:
01 Feb 2022
I mean, let's not sugarcoat this - aside from Apple M1 support and some new devices, the vast majority of this update is bug fixes (holy list!!!) and keyboard shortcuts.
It's weird to me. All that effort fixing all those bugs at once? Like why don't they just fix one or two bugs and put the rest of their resources into making new devices that they can sell separately and just keep doing that forever? Why invest in the product for the long-term when they can just keep making cash grabs? All this is very foreign to me I don't know what to make of it 🙃

• Information