Reason Rack Plug-In Issue In Reaper (Anybody Else?)

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Creativemind

11 Nov 2021

Hi All!

Has anyone had this issue (I've contacted Reason Studio's and have gotten a work around) with the Reason Rack Plug-In in Reaper, where the log-in window hides behind the green Reason window and isn't accessible to click?

I have it so the last song you were working on loads up automatically on Reaper's launch and all my tracks generally contain a RRP. What happens is, the log-in window for Reason will stop the track from launching and the white box is hidden somewhere behind the green Reason window and clicking in the taskbar (on W10) to try and bring it up doesn't always work and no matter where I click (sometimes it appears somehow) sometimes it isn't accessible for me to click log-in (with automatic username and password remembered.) I have to force quit Reaper sometimes and launch it through the Windows Start menu via the application as a blank Reaper and then reload the project. Even then sometimes it'll do the same. Sometimes for whatever reason I can keep clicking around (usually in the taskbar where the Reaper plectrum type icon is) and eventually it'll bring the box up for me to click Log-in and hey presto but was just wondering if anybody else had the same problem?

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

psonicspot

27 Jan 2022

I know this topic is a few months old and you have probably found a workaround, but if not, and if anybody else has the same problem - if you're using Windows, right -click on the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen and choose "Show windows side by side" and that should allow you access to Login. Hopefully they will sort out the whole having to be online all the time situation. It's ridiculous when you're working in a DAW.

Is anyone else using RRP with Reaper having slight laggy problems when using more than one instance of RRP on a track? I notice switching between other plugins on the same track (in the FX window) causes minor lag. When i take the RRP instances off the track, all is good again. If i just have one instance of RRP on a track everything seems to be ok.

raymondh

27 Jan 2022

I haven't experienced either issue. (Windows 10, Reason 11.3, Reaper 6.46).

Very happy with Reaper + RRP combo. (Off topic wishlist would be faster loading time and exposing Reason Devices as individual plugins in the Reaper browser)

Greg Savage

06 Feb 2022

Excellent, there's a friend of mine that is running into the same issue. Now I know what to send him.
Music Composer/Sound Designer
Music Licensing - Credits

• Information