Live lite 11 free with Computer Music (upgraded to suite)

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Billy+

24 Jan 2022

Got another Q)

So I've created a few loops in scene view just to give it a try only how do I use them now I want to arrange in arrangement view?

Billy+

24 Jan 2022

:lol:

Obviously you just copy the scene view loop and paste it into the arrangement view :lol:

Should have just tried it first before posting.

I'm really getting into Live a lot more than I ever have before kinda glad that I've been forced into giving it another chance....

crimsonwarlock

25 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
24 Jan 2022
kinda glad that I've been forced into giving it another chance....
Ahh, The silver lining :lol:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
24 Jan 2022

Obviously you just copy the scene view loop and paste it into the arrangement view :lol:

I'm really getting into Live a lot more than I ever have before kinda glad that I've been forced into giving it another chance....
Did you actually copy and paste? I only ask you you can click on the loop and holding down mouse button then press tab to drag it where you want in arrangement.

Billy+

25 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
24 Jan 2022

Did you actually copy and paste? I only ask you you can click on the loop and holding down mouse button then press tab to drag it where you want in arrangement.
Yeah I copied and pasted but will give your method a try, also managed to join clips, but then figured you can just drag them longer :lol:

And I'm loving how easy you can modify the length of drum hits and move them off grid.

Had a really good time yesterday and didn't even load RRP into the session :o

Even considering just buy live suite :?

Billy+

25 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
24 Jan 2022
kinda glad that I've been forced into giving it another chance....
Ahh, The silver lining :lol:
Yeah my brother will be pleased as he was always into Live and I was always into Reason now when I visit his hardware studio I won't have to keep stepping back while he sorts out live :thumbs_up:

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Popey wrote:
25 Jan 2022

Yeah I copied and pasted but will give your method a try, also managed to join clips, but then figured you can just drag them longer :lol:

And I'm loving how easy you can modify the length of drum hits and move them off grid.

Yeah i enjoy the flexibility of live and for me live suite and rrp work well together. There is an awful lot of fun creative fx in live suite and I haven't even dug into the max 4 live devices. Basically I am pretty sure I have only used about 15% of what is available.

Billy+

25 Jan 2022

Oh at that midi capture thing it does is really nice,
Oh and the full screen thing is definitely worth the little extra space you get in windows (that's what I'm using for the moment) I never really understood why people keep asking for it in Reason but I actually understand now....

I can definitely see why a few went to live this year....

Billy+

25 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
25 Jan 2022

Yeah i enjoy the flexibility of live and for me live suite and rrp work well together. There is an awful lot of fun creative fx in live suite and I haven't even dug into the max 4 live devices. Basically I am pretty sure I have only used about 15% of what is available.
My brother has been trying to convince me to ditch Reason for years and just buy vst's hardware and live but when RRP came out he suddenly got interested so I convinced him to try the cheap subscription which he dropped after about 2 weeks but he's got quite a few hardware devices.

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Popey wrote:
25 Jan 2022

My brother has been trying to convince me to ditch Reason for years and just buy vst's hardware and live but when RRP came out he suddenly got interested so I convinced him to try the cheap subscription which he dropped after about 2 weeks but he's got quite a few hardware devices.
You have not ditched reason though so your love for it is still strong. I would not want to be without reason as i use it on every track in some form even if it is just the fx sometimes. There is room for both in my workflow although now having live meant I saw less value in r12 as can use instrument/fx groups like combi and the sampler/simpler devices are pretty good.

I think being a reason user first before adding live means I am invested in it but do find a lot of the workflow benefits of live with rrp to work for me. Live is not the most interesting to look at but that is not really a issue for me.

Billy+

25 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
25 Jan 2022

You have not ditched reason though so your love for it is still strong. I would not want to be without reason as i use it on every track in some form even if it is just the fx sometimes. There is room for both in my workflow although now having live meant I saw less value in r12 as can use instrument/fx groups like combi and the sampler/simpler devices are pretty good.

I think being a reason user first before adding live means I am invested in it but do find a lot of the workflow benefits of live with rrp to work for me. Live is not the most interesting to look at but that is not really a issue for me.
Yeah I definitely prefer the look of Reason and the way you put a sound together which is still something that for me has always made other DAW's look less interesting, one thing that is disappointing about RRP is the way you get midi out into the sequencer, it's just so much better when using them native.

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Popey wrote:
25 Jan 2022

Yeah I definitely prefer the look of Reason and the way you put a sound together which is still something that for me has always made other DAW's look less interesting, one thing that is disappointing about RRP is the way you get midi out into the sequencer, it's just so much better when using them native.
Yeah I agree it is no where near as good as in native but it is fairly easy to do. Was disappointed that combi 2 in rrp did not allow you to right click to assign targets like in native r12 either so they perhaps can improve these areas in the future.

Billy+

05 Feb 2022

ok so I got a couple more Q's for anyone that can help.

I'm trying to stay within Live and not using RRP or any external VST's and am in desperate need to replace PumpRE

now first off I'm not looking to sidechain but after shaping via ducking using a rhythmic pattern (think deep house basslines)

also I seem to have lost the mastering chain preset I found I think it was call "dirty master"?

oh and FYI I'm on Suite 11 now, I just didn't see the point in starting a new thread

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2022

Billy+ wrote:
05 Feb 2022
ok so I got a couple more Q's for anyone that can help.

I'm trying to stay within Live and not using RRP or any external VST's and am in desperate need to replace PumpRE

now first off I'm not looking to sidechain but after shaping via ducking using a rhythmic pattern (think deep house basslines)

also I seem to have lost the mastering chain preset I found I think it was call "dirty master"?

oh and FYI I'm on Suite 11 now, I just didn't see the point in starting a new thread

I must admit I use pumpre, shaperbox or synchronous but I think there is an envelope shaper which may do the job. Never tried it before myself yet though.

Edit:is this what you are after https://youtu.be/5qOHAaCgcVI
Last edited by Popey on 06 Feb 2022, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight

06 Feb 2022

Billy+ wrote:
05 Feb 2022
What is "PumpRE"? Can't find anything in the RS store about it.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

DaveyG

06 Feb 2022

EnochLight wrote:
06 Feb 2022
Billy+ wrote:
05 Feb 2022
I think he means Pump by sonicbits. No longer available in the shop.

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2022

DaveyG wrote:
06 Feb 2022
EnochLight wrote:
06 Feb 2022

Yeah that's the one. It is a burgundy colour.

I didn't know it was no longer available. That's a shame as it is a very handy rack extension.

Tiny Montgomery

06 Feb 2022

Billy+ wrote:
25 Jan 2022
Oh at that midi capture thing it does is really nice,
Oh and the full screen thing is definitely worth the little extra space you get in windows (that's what I'm using for the moment) I never really understood why people keep asking for it in Reason but I actually understand now....

I can definitely see why a few went to live this year....
Midi capture is main thing I miss when not in Ableton. Just an awesome feature.

crimsonwarlock

06 Feb 2022

DaveyG wrote:
06 Feb 2022
I picked it up during the last sale, not knowing it would be discontinued. Got it just in time.

You can do the same with Synchronous or with SideChain ReAction (https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... enveloper/). Pump is easier to set up, but the others give you more control.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Billy+

06 Feb 2022

pumpstack.png
pumpstack.png (323.67 KiB) Viewed 10433 times
Pump is very handy,

thanks for the video but an envelope follower isn't going to work as it needs a source and I'm using time settings to chop a long note ;)

I will keep on looking as I'm sure there must be a way.

• Information