Ed Talenti - Reason video. "Plugin That Lets You Create PLUGINS!"

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
QVprod

01 Feb 2022

Nice video showing possibilities we're well aware of. Always cool to see a non traditional user's process though. Ryan's even featured in it.

orthodox
RE Developer

01 Feb 2022

He didn't go any beyond the headline statement, just showed it for a second. I imagine someone who falls for that and gets RRP for $1, and what are they supposed to do with it now?

QVprod

01 Feb 2022

The entire video (minus his advertising) is him literally using the plugin.... I'd imagine they'd do the same thing he did with it. Use sound packs, create combinators...etc... all the other things Reason is capable of. Who knows, they might even try the DAW and like it. Maybe even stay a customer and buy a Rack Extension... who knows...

As far as someone "falling for it", can we give people credit for having intelligence and say they were interested in trying it? That sounds far less condescending.

orthodox
RE Developer

01 Feb 2022

I only wish he at least showed how he ran the RRP and opened his combinator patch in it, instead of the track creation process in Ableton sequencer.

QVprod

01 Feb 2022

You mean a tutorial? I think we have to take each YouTube creator as what they are. It is on his own channel. He's a guy that makes interesting production videos. He does briefly open the combinator for you to see what's in it and provides the patches he made for people to explore and deconstruct if they wish. it's enough to get the idea.

A full on tutorial video would be boring to those who aren't already super interested and those who do become interested enough will probably find the extensive livestream RS already did on the Combinator capabilities.

• Information