Post a pic of your studio!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Reminiscence

04 Dec 2021

IMG_20210723_161539_1.jpg
IMG_20210723_161539_1.jpg (554.3 KiB) Viewed 17050 times

Aquila

29 Dec 2021

Here's my most recent pic. I've just rotated my setup from centre of the room to the end/corner so the acoustic panels need relocating.
265561930_10165808807155058_7616897895103886609_n.jpg
265561930_10165808807155058_7616897895103886609_n.jpg (122.44 KiB) Viewed 16989 times

EnochLight

31 Jan 2022

raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022
Did a bit of rearranging in my room.

Nice System 8 and JX8P! :thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

raymondh

31 Jan 2022

EnochLight wrote:
31 Jan 2022
raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022
Did a bit of rearranging in my room.

Nice System 8 and JX8P! :thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:
Thanks! I love them both. No need to explain why as I know you have similar tastes in Roland synths! :)

I did trade my JP-08 for a Behringer Model D yesterday. The JP-08 is fantastic too (apart from being only 4 voice), but sonically the System 8 covers it.
The Model D sounds quite different to the Sirin, so at this point I think I'll keep 'em both. The Sirin sounds more refined than the D. The Model D actually sounds a lot more like the Odyssey, which isn't too surprising as the Odyssey copied the Moog Ladder filter (in the Rev 2 Ody). I'm enjoying this voyage of discovery!
.. Of course this is all a bit of an experiment when Synapse Audio The Legend is such a great emulation!

EnochLight

31 Jan 2022

raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022
Thanks! I love them both. No need to explain why as I know you have similar tastes in Roland synths! :)

I did trade my JP-08 for a Behringer Model D yesterday. The JP-08 is fantastic too (apart from being only 4 voice), but sonically the System 8 covers it.
Yeah that was a good move, IMHO. Both the System 8's Jupiter 8 Plugout and the JP-08 are both ACB modelled, so the System 8 (with it's actual 8 voices) pretty much covers everything I'd want in a Jupiter 8 (though admittedly, the Jupiter-X does look pretty retro-sweet sexy AF). :lol: But, I'm seriously thinking about selling my actual JX-8P and picking up the Boutique JX-08. While I may miss the alpha/numeric display, full keyboard and the PG-800 programmer, the JX-08 has awesome polyphony - up to 20 notes (!!!), and it improves on the original by having a fully featured sequencer, an awesome selection of built-in effects, and 2 part multi-timbral functionality - which is like getting two JX-8P's for the price of one! :thumbup: We'll see - it's currently listed as "on the way" and not in stock. Probably sitting in some shipping container in Miami.
raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022
The Model D sounds quite different to the Sirin, so at this point I think I'll keep 'em both. The Sirin sounds more refined than the D. The Model D actually sounds a lot more like the Odyssey, which isn't too surprising as the Odyssey copied the Moog Ladder filter (in the Rev 2 Ody). I'm enjoying this voyage of discovery!
.. Of course this is all a bit of an experiment when Synapse Audio The Legend is such a great emulation!
I've long batted back and forth about getting a Model D. People seem to really like it, and a YouTuber I follow (Tefty and Meems) absolutely loves it, and it works well with the Akai MPC and Force (both of which I have). But the thing is, since it's so similar to the Odyssey in sound, I already have an excellent Odyssey emulation on my MPC (and Force), which is Way Out Ware's Odyssey. Its filters just scream and bloop and bleep and it really can sound convincing, plus - I have effects chains, presets and total recall (a major sticking point with the Model D, and most of Behringer's other clones these days).

But the last monosynth I bought was the Dreadbox Typhon (which is absolutely magical), and I think I'm good for now. That could change, though! :lol: :thumbup:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

raymondh

31 Jan 2022

EnochLight wrote:
31 Jan 2022
raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022

Yeah that was a good move, IMHO. Both the System 8's Jupiter 8 Plugout and the JP-08 are both ACB modelled, so the System 8 (with it's actual 8 voices) pretty much covers everything I'd want in a Jupiter 8 (though admittedly, the Jupiter-X does look pretty retro-sweet sexy AF). :lol: But, I'm seriously thinking about selling my actual JX-8P and picking up the Boutique JX-08. While I may miss the alpha/numeric display, full keyboard and the PG-800 programmer, the JX-08 has awesome polyphony - up to 20 notes (!!!), and it improves on the original by having a fully featured sequencer, an awesome selection of built-in effects, and 2 part multi-timbral functionality - which is like getting two JX-8P's for the price of one! :thumbup: We'll see - it's currently listed as "on the way" and not in stock. Probably sitting in some shipping container in Miami.
Yeah I agree! - the Jupiter X sure is a sweet looking unit!! Much, much nicer than the System 8! But I reckon it's analog emulation is not as good as ACB. ACB is incredible.

The JX-08 is interesting! I wish they could have included separate ADSR for env 1 and env 2, though I understand it wouldn't have fitted. The polyphony is great as you say. Here's an interesting view from Espen Kraft:

EnochLight wrote:
31 Jan 2022
raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022
I've long batted back and forth about getting a Model D. People seem to really like it, and a YouTuber I follow (Tefty and Meems) absolutely loves it, and it works well with the Akai MPC and Force (both of which I have). But the thing is, since it's so similar to the Odyssey in sound, I already have an excellent Odyssey emulation on my MPC (and Force), which is Way Out Ware's Odyssey. Its filters just scream and bloop and bleep and it really can sound convincing, plus - I have effects chains, presets and total recall (a major sticking point with the Model D, and most of Behringer's other clones these days).

But the last monosynth I bought was the Dreadbox Typhon (which is absolutely magical), and I think I'm good for now. That could change, though! :lol: :thumbup:
Thanks for that - I'll check out Tefty and Meems.
The hardware Odyssey made me do stuff I never did before, due to the hardware user interface. Something about the row of slides and knobs on my keyboard controller that's not inspiring. I'm hoping that I have the same experience with the Model D but we will see.

The Dreadbox Typhon I've never used but the demos I've heard, it sounds fantastic. I reckon that synth might become a future classic!

One other change I made that may be of interest; I bought a Behringer ADA8200 ADAT interface, to get an extra 8 inputs, connected to my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8.
Mixed feelings at the moment. On the plus-side - when it works, it's brilliant. Sound is excellent, just as good to me as the Focusrite inputs, and it works seamlessly.
Downside is it's making my 18i8 cranky. Not Behringer's fault, the problem will be the drivers/mix-control software for my 1st gen 18i8. I haven't figured out the use cases that cause the mix-control software to hang yet (so I can avoid them), but it's been problematic. I'm hopeful that I can get it sorted, and then it will be a better solution than using sub-mixers feeding into the 18i8 inputs.

EnochLight

01 Feb 2022

raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022
Yeah I agree! - the Jupiter X sure is a sweet looking unit!! Much, much nicer than the System 8! But I reckon it's analog emulation is not as good as ACB. ACB is incredible.

The JX-08 is interesting! I wish they could have included separate ADSR for env 1 and env 2, though I understand it wouldn't have fitted. The polyphony is great as you say. Here's an interesting view from Espen Kraft:
Ooooo - thanks for that video link! And yeah, I've read that the Zencore stuff isn't nearly as accurate as ACB. But what you trade off in accuracy, you get with more features. Eh, not like I'll be picking up a Jupiter-X anytime soon - my spouse may leave me if I drop $2800 USD on a synth! :lol:
raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022
Thanks for that - I'll check out Tefty and Meems.
They're "ok". Some are very MPC+Model D focused, but balanced opinions on the gear (they also branch out into other hardware). It's usually Tefty making jams while Meems sings over them (her voice is ok, but only recently they started doing ambient which I prefer over their "pop" stuff).
raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022
The hardware Odyssey made me do stuff I never did before, due to the hardware user interface. Something about the row of slides and knobs on my keyboard controller that's not inspiring. I'm hoping that I have the same experience with the Model D but we will see.
That's a really great point - there's something about tweaking those hardware sliders and pots - it's just so inspiring! I just wish we could save patches/presets.
raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022
The Dreadbox Typhon I've never used but the demos I've heard, it sounds fantastic. I reckon that synth might become a future classic!
Yeah, it really has become one of my favorite synths just to tweak and toy around with. And it's so portable, it's nice just sitting in bed with a pair of cans and playing with it while the spouse reads a book. Travels well also!
raymondh wrote:
31 Jan 2022
One other change I made that may be of interest; I bought a Behringer ADA8200 ADAT interface, to get an extra 8 inputs, connected to my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8.
Mixed feelings at the moment. On the plus-side - when it works, it's brilliant. Sound is excellent, just as good to me as the Focusrite inputs, and it works seamlessly.
Downside is it's making my 18i8 cranky. Not Behringer's fault, the problem will be the drivers/mix-control software for my 1st gen 18i8. I haven't figured out the use cases that cause the mix-control software to hang yet (so I can avoid them), but it's been problematic. I'm hopeful that I can get it sorted, and then it will be a better solution than using sub-mixers feeding into the 18i8 inputs.
Wow - that's cool. I've been mulling back and forth about getting a Behringer ADA8200 ADAT as well (to pair with my RME Babyface Pro).

DJMaytag

09 Feb 2022

Doing some rearranging at the moment, properly setting up this Jaspers Stand for my "analog rack" and the heartbeat of my non-Reason setup (Cirklon & MIDI devices).
AWtnae5UQOecXCDp49Ab2Q_thumb_ad44.jpg
The Analog Rack
AWtnae5UQOecXCDp49Ab2Q_thumb_ad44.jpg (281.92 KiB) Viewed 16694 times
vKK7SecuQjK7vCZQiBkvAQ_thumb_ad45.jpg
Racked Cirklon
vKK7SecuQjK7vCZQiBkvAQ_thumb_ad45.jpg (296.14 KiB) Viewed 16694 times
VEaIhVFbShuWmldb2jdjSA_thumb_ad61.jpg
Audio Interface & MIDI Gear
VEaIhVFbShuWmldb2jdjSA_thumb_ad61.jpg (251.95 KiB) Viewed 16694 times

crimsonwarlock

12 Feb 2022

Here's my current studio. Did some rearranging recently, I like how it turned out. Next step: building a new desk.

photo_2022-02-12_12-18-18.jpg
photo_2022-02-12_12-18-18.jpg (118.53 KiB) Viewed 16630 times
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

miyaru

12 Feb 2022

Nice , clean and professional!!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

moalla

17 Feb 2022

All your bass traps are stinky old fart shit,
only our Babykrabbelmatte rocks :lol: :cool:

indeed this mat works really nice as trap, a ps3 is a perfect mousepadbase and
the ReasonPC lives in this small box next to fireface, but small power pc´s are getting sometimes
thermal blackouts :twisted: but really loving the meanwhile itx formfactor for its mobility
have to save some of the electrical instrument stuff in front of our baby,
now saving money for RC500 and Model Samples for live seessions after this shitty lockdown delusional

next step building own controllers for bassimillus and consorts

What´s your plans folks :?:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

EnochLight

17 Feb 2022

moalla wrote:
17 Feb 2022
All your bass traps are stinky old fart shit,
only our Babykrabbelmatte rocks :lol: :cool:

Re8et
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2022

Half my current new setup!
sett.JPG
sett.JPG (242.5 KiB) Viewed 15743 times

Mattvank

30 Apr 2022

ImageFull Setup :)
Attachments
IMG_0136.JPG
IMG_0136.JPG (87.56 KiB) Viewed 15675 times

moalla

05 May 2022

at least, it gets more and more a simple playstation without this inspiration catching :twisted: mouse actions, except max samples
do someone know to bring up the 3ghz max clockspeed of my 4710mq machine
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

DJMaytag

10 Jun 2022

Recently reconfigured my studio for all floor sitting, due to some issues I'd been having sitting in chairs for entirely too long (back and leg tightness). I have a hell of a lot more stamina for sitting in front of my computer now with it all set so low down. I thought I might have been nuts for doing this, but it's been amazing.
1CxGAWZ5QE69jTXYh%WY1g_thumb_b204.jpg
Wide view
1CxGAWZ5QE69jTXYh%WY1g_thumb_b204.jpg (214.85 KiB) Viewed 14198 times
8mIskrhmSW2114WElgGQ%g_thumb_b203.jpg
Left side view
8mIskrhmSW2114WElgGQ%g_thumb_b203.jpg (248.55 KiB) Viewed 14198 times
Zt6l+LNtQEuq4DUTmZMsMg_thumb_b202.jpg
Euro & modular side rack
Zt6l+LNtQEuq4DUTmZMsMg_thumb_b202.jpg (401.04 KiB) Viewed 14198 times

EnochLight

11 Jun 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
10 Jun 2022
Recently reconfigured my studio for all floor sitting, due to some issues I'd been having sitting in chairs for entirely too long (back and leg tightness). I have a hell of a lot more stamina for sitting in front of my computer now with it all set so low down. I thought I might have been nuts for doing this
I’ll bite.. how does sitting on the floor, presumably with your legs crossed and your back hunched, become better for your posture? I mean - that’s cool you found a solution though.

thedude

11 Jun 2022

years ago, after seeing some floor sitting setups over on the lines forum, i decided to give it a go. didnt last more than an hour with my back and knees being what they are. Comfy executive office chair for me, all the way.

DJMaytag

11 Jun 2022

EnochLight wrote:
11 Jun 2022
I’ll bite.. how does sitting on the floor, presumably with your legs crossed and your back hunched, become better for your posture? I mean - that’s cool you found a solution though.
Shifting positions regularly keeps from getting sore. When I’m changing position every 15 minutes or so, I’m engaging muscles that would otherwise not be doing much while sitting in a chair (and I do have a nice comfy one). I’m not just sitting on my butt all the time (kneeling, yoga poses, sometimes laying down on my back when just listening, etc).

EDIT: I’m nearly 50 years old, and have been dealing with back pain since my mid 20’s. On top of that, I had a career ending on-the-job back injury in my early 30’s, so everything I’m doing with sitting on the floor as much as possible or is completely counterintuitive. “My knees couldn’t handle doing that!” is a common thing I hear (especially from people my age), but after doing it for a while, my knees adapted pretty quickly and I gained the strength and flexibility to get up and down with minimal effort.

EnochLight

11 Jun 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
11 Jun 2022
EDIT: I’m nearly 50 years old, and have been dealing with back pain since my mid 20’s. On top of that, I had a career ending on-the-job back injury in my early 30’s, so everything I’m doing with sitting on the floor as much as possible or is completely counterintuitive. “My knees couldn’t handle doing that!” is a common thing I hear (especially from people my age), but after doing it for a while, my knees adapted pretty quickly and I gained the strength and flexibility to get up and down with minimal effort.
Cool, cool. I'm not averse to sitting on the floor (or "Indian-style" for that matter, if it's still acceptable to use that term). My studio is in a basement with a single layer of carpet over a cold basement floor, though, so I'm not sure I'm going to try this method for the entire studio. But I can always sit in the floor with my MPC Live II since it's so portable. Thanks for the tip!

challism

11 Jun 2022

th-3894023550.jpg
th-3894023550.jpg (18.7 KiB) Viewed 14062 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DJMaytag

14 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
11 Jun 2022
th-3894023550.jpg
I'll take the chair here, thanks. :lol:

challism

15 Jun 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
14 Jun 2022
challism wrote:
11 Jun 2022
th-3894023550.jpg
I'll take the chair here, thanks. :lol:
Madison, WI? You very well could be Mr. Plinkett's neighbor.
madison.JPG
madison.JPG (10.43 KiB) Viewed 13828 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DJMaytag

15 Jun 2022

challism wrote:
15 Jun 2022
Madison, WI? You very well could be Mr. Plinkett's neighbor.
madison.JPG
Who?

• Information