Propellerhead Creator Series ReFills

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
rootwheel

27 Jan 2022

Anyone know why the Propellerhead Creator Series ReFills were discontinued?
  • The Salazar Brothers Reggaeton
  • Jason McGerr Sessions
  • Pascal Gabriel's Melophobia Machine
  • Ryan Greene Alt Drums 1
  • Ryan Greene Alt Drums 2
  • Ryan Greene Alt Drums 3
Is there any way at all to still get hold of any of these?

jam-s

27 Jan 2022

You could try to find them for sale used. Apart from this I fear there are no other legal ways to get a hold of them.

rootwheel

27 Jan 2022

jam-s wrote:
27 Jan 2022
You could try to find them for sale used. Apart from this I fear there are no other legal ways to get a hold of them.
I feared as much. Anyone on here got copies of any of the listed and are interested in selling me them? :)

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2022

rootwheel wrote:
27 Jan 2022
  • Jason McGerr Sessions
There's also the STRINGS and Abbey Roads refill. At least with Abbey Roads, I believe they requested it to be removed.

Other than that, ... I've no idea why ... I feel like I had one of the Alt Drums ... maybe see if Sonic Reality's Neil Peart Drums tickle your fancy.

rootwheel

28 Jan 2022

avasopht wrote:
27 Jan 2022
rootwheel wrote:
27 Jan 2022
  • Jason McGerr Sessions
There's also the STRINGS and Abbey Roads refill. At least with Abbey Roads, I believe they requested it to be removed.

Other than that, ... I've no idea why ... I feel like I had one of the Alt Drums ... maybe see if Sonic Reality's Neil Peart Drums tickle your fancy.
Thanks for the recommendation, will take a look.

In terms of the Props stuff, I'm only really interested in the Creator Series. Strings is ancient, 2002 I believe and not actually made by the Props; just published by them. Abbey Road I consider part of the Hypersampled collection along with Reason Pianos, Reason Bass and Reason Drums - it's just they couldn't keep selling the ARK because the Abbey Road license expired. I managed to buy a copy of it off ebay several years ago.

The Creator series I'd be interested to know why they got rid; especially the Ryan Green Drums volumes - although some of its samples do live on in ujam's HEAVY drummer.

The Pascal Gabriel ReFill had some particularly interesting patches I remember being demoed to me years ago and it's a shame they now seem to be completely lost...

avasopht
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2022

It's not a perfect solution, but Ryan Greene also provided his Alt Drums to Drumagog ($99) drum replacement plugin (here for $79.99). You will need to go into the store to add to your cart (for some reason you can't do that on the Alt Drum page).

rootwheel

28 Jan 2022

avasopht wrote:
28 Jan 2022
It's not a perfect solution, but Ryan Greene also provided his Alt Drums to Drumagog ($99) drum replacement plugin (here for $79.99). You will need to go into the store to add to your cart (for some reason you can't do that on the Alt Drum page).
Thanks for this, much appreciated :)

• Information