FlangerDbl "Blueface" Vari-Delay (Turn2on) inspired by classic

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
turn2on
RE Developer

10 Dec 2021

Flanger/Doubler fx:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ari-delay/

At the end of the 70s, there was one fx company leading the way when it came to innovations in digital sound technology.
FlangerDbl Vari-Delay FX is inspired by the famous “Blueface” series Flanger rackmount effect from MXR™, produced at the end of the 70s.

FlangerDbl Vari-Delay FX is a precise time delay unit which can be used to produce a wide range of effects. FX offer a flexible system of controls which provide freedom for creative expression. Features include Frequency Sweep and Width controls, a mix control and a Regeneration Control which adds intensity and multiple repeats for doubling and echoe effects.
FlangerDbl provides a Manual control over delay that can switch between Flanger and Doubler modes.

FlangerDbl Vari-Delay also adds some new features. Sweep Speed can be synced to the project tempo in Flanger and Doubler modes and a Phase Invert button provides an extra trick for shaping the final sound.
 Also include additonal Output, Dry and Wet level controls.

FlangerDbl offers the user infinite varieties and combinations of flanging, hard reverberation, vibrato, chorus and doubling effects.

FlangerDbl faithfully reproduces the time delay range of the original hardware “Blueface” pro-series rackmount module from 1979.

Hoboys

10 Dec 2021

I must say, "Blueface" has got to be your best-designed series of devices in terms of UI. Pleasure to look at! Good job!

I would pay a little extra for a skeuomorphic facelift on the wahbaby. I'm learning the guitar and using it quite a lot. In my view, it would make it the ultimate wah pedal.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2021

Hoboys wrote:
10 Dec 2021
I must say, "Blueface" has got to be your best-designed series of devices in terms of UI. Pleasure to look at! Good job!

I would pay a little extra for a skeuomorphic facelift on the wahbaby. I'm learning the guitar and using it quite a lot. In my view, it would make it the ultimate wah pedal.
It’s already the ultimate wah pedal man :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Hoboys

10 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
10 Dec 2021
It’s already the ultimate wah pedal man :)
It's the one I'm using :)

rickrubin

11 Dec 2021

thank you for putting in the extra work with the gui also. gonna check this up!
Last edited by rickrubin on 12 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

challism

11 Dec 2021

Yes, the GUI on these BlueFace devices is just gorgeous! I'm loving this series. And this Flanger, in particular, sounds AMAZING! I've been getting some really great sounds out of it. Doubler mode is a nice feature. There is something different about this flanger, something special... sounds fatter than others, or something. I can't put my finger on it, exactly. What is it?

And, yeah, Wuababy is already the ultimate Wah plugin. That thing is leaps and bounds above any other pedal I've tried. My only regret is not buying it sooner... now I have to go thru my older files and replace the other wahs with this one.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Arrant
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2021

I don't really NEED another flanger, but wow this is nice.

killhamster

10 Jan 2022

A little late, but this is the first flanger RE that i've actually liked. Awesome job :thumbs_up:

dvdrtldg

10 Jan 2022

Yep, nice. This might finally be the flanger plugin that replaces my Melda one (firm favourite, but no longer Mac compatible)

challism

10 Jan 2022

killhamster wrote:
10 Jan 2022
A little late, but this is the first flanger RE that i've actually liked. Awesome job :thumbs_up:
I agree. This thing sounds awesome. I can't really point out a flange that I've liked very much, until this one came out. I also like the delay effect. Very nice job on this one Turn2On. I'm excited to see what is next.

turn2on
RE Developer

24 Jan 2022

FlangerDBL - updated to v.1.1.1:

- Two new Flanger modes:
1. Modern Flanger (wide time range)
2. Micro Flanger (micro time range)
- Individual Skins for Flanger modes

Its still BLUEFACE series 70's classic Flanger/Doubler device, known from MXR, but now it include 2 modern flanger modes.

challism

25 Jan 2022

Awesome! Thanks for the update! I love this RE so much.... incredible effect. Thanks again, Mike.

moneykube

25 Jan 2022

ok... the good reviews got me. I don't think I need another flanger, but I do like this developers devices.
Perhaps it's the only flanger I need :lightbulb:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moofi

25 Jan 2022

Until when does the update offer last? Asking because it could be until tthe end of the month or even slightly longer till I got funds available. :-)

moofi

29 Jan 2022

thank you :-)
turn2on wrote:
25 Jan 2022
FlangerDBL offer ends at 7 February

turn2on
RE Developer

22 May 2023

FlangerDBL UPDATE 1.1.2:

- Bugfix: Manual and Regen CV inputs breaks current position of both paramteres.
- Bugfix: effect were not sleeping to save CPU when silent.

• Information