Selig Audio Live Stream Thursday Jan 13 20:00 UTC

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moofi

16 Jan 2022

Based on teaching experience here, teaching without having completed 2 can still contribute to 2 beyond mere measuring purposes. The process of teaching promotes conscious thinking of how things actually work, reveiling connections, relations, filling in gaps. Basically it can be on-the-fly thinking->learning->teaching.
Similar to a child asking something you haven´t thought of before, exciting contemplation of finding an explanation.
selig wrote:
14 Jan 2022
[...]

But it IS true that the measure of your understanding of a subject can be made based on how well you can teach it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can get to #3 BY teaching… ;)

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2022

moofi wrote:
16 Jan 2022
Based on teaching experience here, teaching without having completed 2 can still contribute to 2 beyond mere measuring purposes. The process of teaching promotes conscious thinking of how things actually work, reveiling connections, relations, filling in gaps. Basically it can be on-the-fly thinking->learning->teaching.
Similar to a child asking something you haven´t thought of before, exciting contemplation of finding an explanation.
You always learn when you teach, but HOPEFULLY the things you learn from your students are not the basics of the subject you are paid to be teaching. My experience involved going to an expensive school with a music technology degree, but with a teacher that was not able to explain even the basics without misrepresenting common concepts that are essential in building a good foundation IMO.
Selig Audio, LLC

moofi

16 Jan 2022

Yes, it´s preferrable knowing the basics first, especially if someone´s teaching at an expensive school :-)
I aswell get what you were saying in general, just wanted to point out the possibility of improving 2 while doing 3.

Then touching something I´m not really or too familiar with while teaching I present my sofar concept mentioning the parts needing further investigation/research/development, though delivering at least a basic hint at what it is about. Then this is mostly about beyond or next to basic stuff.

After all I find being honest most important in that context, pointing out deficiencies if existent thus avoiding misconceptions to be taught.
selig wrote:
16 Jan 2022
moofi wrote:
16 Jan 2022
You always learn when you teach, but HOPEFULLY the things you learn from your students are not the basics of the subject you are paid to be teaching. My experience involved going to an expensive school with a music technology degree, but with a teacher that was not able to explain even the basics without misrepresenting common concepts that are essential in building a good foundation IMO.

moofi

16 Jan 2022

Btw thank you for the Binaural Combis :-)
Just checked on both briefly so far. Pleasant design.

Just to make sure, is Binaural being written "Binauarl" labeling the reverb intended?

raveled
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2022

Great first livestream (though I saw it afterwards). Also, what an amazing studio, congratulations! Looking forward to more videos.

• Information