Reason Studios updates their roadmap (November 17, 2021)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

18 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Creativemind wrote:
18 Jan 2022

This year. :lol:
:lol: I had to ask. Does not seem too optimistic to me considering there is obviously lots for rs to do but hi res should be completed this month.
Hope so but although I did the 3 for 3 months back in October, I'm back on 11 now and using Reason as a plug-in in Reaper and quite happy with it. Reason needs a lot of workflow additions before I would ever be tempted back to using it standalone.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Billy+

18 Jan 2022

RoryM0 wrote:
18 Jan 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Update 12.4 brought a serious bug affecting Windows installs...
12.4? Thought latest was 12.2.3?
Maybe it's a beta/testing version? But you're right 12.2.3 is the current "release" notes version.

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2022

Creativemind wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Popey wrote:
18 Jan 2022

:lol: I had to ask. Does not seem too optimistic to me considering there is obviously lots for rs to do but hi res should be completed this month.
Hope so but although I did the 3 for 3 months back in October, I'm back on 11 now and using Reason as a plug-in in Reaper and quite happy with it. Reason needs a lot of workflow additions before I would ever be tempted back to using it standalone.
Yeah I am on 11 too using plugin with live. Would quite like mimic but more than happy with what I have at moment and 12 upgrade would have to be on a decent sale and working well for me to consider.

crimsonwarlock

18 Jan 2022

RoryM0 wrote:
18 Jan 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Update 12.4 brought a serious bug affecting Windows installs...
12.4? Thought latest was 12.2.3?
My bad, I meant 12.3...... it must have been my anticipation for 12.4 :oops:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

orthodox
RE Developer

18 Jan 2022

I speculate that 12.2.4 will be out before the end of Jan.

Creativemind

18 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Creativemind wrote:
18 Jan 2022

Yeah I am on 11 too using plugin with live. Would quite like mimic but more than happy with what I have at moment and 12 upgrade would have to be on a decent sale and working well for me to consider.
Yeah I'd really love Mimic too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

crimsonwarlock

18 Jan 2022

orthodox wrote:
18 Jan 2022
I speculate that 12.2.4 will be out before the end of Jan.
I hope so. My studio computer runs 12.3 while at home my laptop currently can not. This means for me that currently I cannot use combinators at home that I made in the studio.

Do you happen to know if 12.4 will solve the 'external disk' problem?
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

orthodox
RE Developer

18 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Do you happen to know if 12.4 will solve the 'external disk' problem?
I don't know what the problem is about. Even whether I heard the word 'external' or not I can't tell because of NDA. Let's say it is all in the hands of Allah.

crimsonwarlock

18 Jan 2022

orthodox wrote:
18 Jan 2022
I don't know what the problem is about.
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... nal-drives
orthodox wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Let's say it is all in the hands of Allah.
That doesn't instill a lot of confidence :lol:
-------

Neo

18 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Creativemind wrote:
18 Jan 2022

I'll go for March. Am I being optimistic?
Which year?
March? good bet heh.. year.. eh. lol
Poster_for_the_1960_film_The_Time_Machine.jpg
Poster_for_the_1960_film_The_Time_Machine.jpg (417.99 KiB) Viewed 27672 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

ScuzzyEye

19 Jan 2022

Steedus wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Not right now, On my work PC. But I remembered the other one though less noticeable is Layers. They're missing the rear rack ears., but because of the design of Malstrom it's much more noticeable - once you notice it ;)
The rack rails are actually in the rack. If you can't see them, that's because the device graphics aren't transparent there, and are covering them up. Wow, I think an RE submitted with opaque, black sides on the rear panel would fail to be approved, but they miss it on their own device.

QVprod

19 Jan 2022

ScuzzyEye wrote:
19 Jan 2022
Steedus wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Not right now, On my work PC. But I remembered the other one though less noticeable is Layers. They're missing the rear rack ears., but because of the design of Malstrom it's much more noticeable - once you notice it ;)
The rack rails are actually in the rack. If you can't see them, that's because the device graphics aren't transparent there, and are covering them up. Wow, I think an RE submitted with opaque, black sides on the rear panel would fail to be approved, but they miss it on their own device.
I wonder if this is really a flaw though. It’s very much possible to install a rack device IRL with just the front panel. Some don’t have a back panel for rack ears at all.

selig
RE Developer

19 Jan 2022

QVprod wrote:
19 Jan 2022
ScuzzyEye wrote:
19 Jan 2022

I wonder if this is really a flaw though. It’s very much possible to install a rack device IRL with just the front panel. Some don’t have a back panel for rack ears at all.
I would say it IS a flaw because it implies the BACK of the rack rails are covered by the device, which is never done in the real world as far as I've ever seen. Many devices use images to represent the back end of the screws (should line up with screws used on the front panel), which would be invisible if you just black out the area on either side of the device as Malstrom and Layers currently are doing.

TL/DR:
IRL, the front panel covers the FRONT of the rails, but not the back.
Selig Audio, LLC

ScuzzyEye

19 Jan 2022

selig wrote:
19 Jan 2022
QVprod wrote:
19 Jan 2022
I would say it IS a flaw because it implies the BACK of the rack rails are covered by the device, which is never done in the real world as far as I've ever seen. Many devices use images to represent the back end of the screws (should line up with screws used on the front panel), which would be invisible if you just black out the area on either side of the device as Malstrom and Layers currently are doing.

TL/DR:
I also work in IT in addition to audio. Both use 19" racks. In audio you really only have rails on the front of the cabinet. In IT, there are another set of rails in the back. Because servers are long and heavy they'll be mounted on all 4 posts. But that's not what Reason rack is showing. The rails visible on the back are simply the rear of the front rails. So as Selig says, you'll see the thread side of the screws poking through and that's it. Maybe a power cable wondering outside of the rear of the equipment too. But there are no ears on the rear to cover anything.

plaamook

19 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 Jan 2022
orthodox wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Let's say it is all in the hands of Allah.
Yeah, never trust a monotheistic creator god imo.
Talk about over worked and under paid.
Now a polytheistic pantheon...that's proper delegation. Way better chance of getting the hoped for response from someone specific like the goddess of love or a muse or some local beer god. Plus you can spread the work load out over different pantheons. Super optimal.
A monotheistic creator god... Total data stream washout.
That's why they always roll out these bizarre rules for living like what to do with your genitals or how to kill your neighbour's cow and so on. They figure if they keep you busy enough you won't have time to bother them with trivial complaints like 'can you stop that pandemic' or 'where's the HiRes Reason update'.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

QVprod

19 Jan 2022

selig wrote:
19 Jan 2022
QVprod wrote:
19 Jan 2022

TL/DR:
ScuzzyEye wrote:
19 Jan 2022
I also work in IT in addition to audio. Both use 19" racks. In audio you really only have rails on the front of the cabinet. In IT, there are another set of rails in the back. Because servers are long and heavy they'll be mounted on all 4 posts. But that's not what Reason rack is showing. The rails visible on the back are simply the rear of the front rails. So as Selig says, you'll see the thread side of the screws poking through and that's it. Maybe a power cable wondering outside of the rear of the equipment too. But there are no ears on the rear to cover anything.
Ah! I misunderstood. You both are right, the rails are covered. It's a minor detail that I've never noticed, but you are correct that sort of breaks continuity a bit.

crimsonwarlock

20 Jan 2022

plaamook wrote:
19 Jan 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 Jan 2022

Now a polytheistic pantheon...that's proper delegation. Way better chance of getting the hoped for response from someone specific like the goddess of love or a muse or some local beer god. Plus you can spread the work load out over different pantheons. Super optimal.
That's why they always roll out these bizarre rules for living like what to do with your genitals or how to kill your neighbour's cow and so on. They figure if they keep you busy enough you won't have time to bother them with trivial complaints like 'can you stop that pandemic' or 'where's the HiRes Reason update'.
That reply just made my day :puf_bigsmile:
-------

DaveyG

20 Jan 2022

QVprod wrote:
19 Jan 2022
It's a minor detail that I've never noticed,
None of us had noticed but we sure as heck will from now on. :lol:

orthodox
RE Developer

20 Jan 2022

plaamook wrote:
19 Jan 2022
Confidence is better saved for what keeps us afloat and leads us our way, rather than dispensed among pantheons having their own ways. Making your confidence dependent on transient things will drown it with them.

moneykube

20 Jan 2022

plaamook wrote:
19 Jan 2022
one must say these words backwards for full effect :clap:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

plaamook

20 Jan 2022

orthodox wrote:
20 Jan 2022
plaamook wrote:
19 Jan 2022
Confidence is better saved for what keeps us afloat and leads us our way, rather than dispensed among pantheons having their own ways. Making your confidence dependent on transient things will drown it with them.
I was kidding.
But what’s not transient?

Or here.

plaamook

20 Jan 2022

moneykube wrote:
20 Jan 2022
plaamook wrote:
19 Jan 2022
Bug sample long mimic the fix!
Sequencer the out sort!
Like Yoda I’m starting to feel.

Or here.

moneykube

20 Jan 2022

plaamook wrote:
20 Jan 2022
moneykube wrote:
20 Jan 2022

Bug sample long mimic the fix!
Sequencer the out sort!
Like Yoda I’m starting to feel.
Yoda there did you job excellent :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Eprom

20 Jan 2022

Heater wrote:
17 Jan 2022
I just realised that native M1 support isn't going to be until May. F**k they are slow.
Apple will have moved to M2 before reason is native M1 I fear. :puf_bigsmile:
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

orthodox
RE Developer

20 Jan 2022

Eprom wrote:
20 Jan 2022
Heater wrote:
17 Jan 2022
I just realised that native M1 support isn't going to be until May. F**k they are slow.
Apple will have moved to M2 before reason is native M1 I fear. :puf_bigsmile:
Apple has got a taste of shocking the industry and will repeat it over and over with every new processor I fear.

• Information