Reason Studios updates their roadmap (November 17, 2021)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

28 Dec 2021

Aquila wrote:
28 Dec 2021
joeyluck wrote:
28 Dec 2021

It was fixed in 12.2.1
How so? I've got 12.2.3 and I still can't get my original maps to work.
Remote maps should work. If they don't, be sure to report it. As mentioned, the maps forward to the first four knobs and four buttons of the first Combinator. It's a similar concept to how the automation from previous projects carries over.

QVprod

28 Dec 2021

Aquila wrote:
28 Dec 2021
I remember in the V12 launch thread there was talk about RS working on a fix for their questionable obliteration of the mixer's insert controls.

Yeah. How's that going?
That fix has been out for a while now. Try your controller on the inserts.

Aquila

29 Dec 2021

Hmmm I've been trying and the mapping for my BCF2000 controller just refuses to work - even after editing the map manually.

The only solution is to get an additional supported controller and attempt to lock it directly to the new embedded combinator, but since the Combi 2's midi implementation is so woeful there's no guarantee I can control beyond the first 4 buttons and knobs.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

So...when was it they "not promised" to have VST3 support? Can't remember. Also...they did say that the browser not collapsing bug would be fixed on the first update and I think we're already on the third right? Hmmm. Radio silence.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022
So...whens was it they "not promised" to have VST3 support? Can't remember. Also...they did say that the browser not collapsing bug would be fixed on the first update and I think we're already on the third right? Hmmm. Radio silence.
I think vst3 was planned for same time as M1 around May 2022. No idea about the collapsing bug.

Billy+

13 Jan 2022

IMG_2901.PNG
IMG_2901.PNG (52.92 KiB) Viewed 18323 times
IMG_2906.GIF
IMG_2906.GIF (102.23 KiB) Viewed 18323 times
It should have been this month for completion but it was a plan not a promise

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022
So...when was it they "not promised" to have VST3 support? Can't remember. Also...they did say that the browser not collapsing bug would be fixed on the first update and I think we're already on the third right? Hmmm. Radio silence.
You can't really estimate bug fixes.

A bug can take hours, days, weeks or months to track down - and you won't know which one it is until you identify the cause. Some can even take years (but that's usually with much more complex systems).

Simple bugs caused by simply not implementing a feature can be estimated, as it doesn't involve hunting to find a cause.

The rendering bugs might have pushed everything back as that was a highly elusive and intermittent bug that didn't happen on every machine. They may have had to purchase or borrow various machine configurations and try to create different configuration states on each of those machines to isolate the problem (as you might find two people with the same hardware getting different results).

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jan 2022
IMG_2901.PNG

IMG_2906.GIF

It should have been this month for completion but it was a plan not a promise
Ah I see. I thought the ceo had put this back in his roadmap update.

Ps. That deadline gif is hilarious

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

avasopht wrote:
13 Jan 2022
MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022
You can't really estimate bug fixes.

A bug can take hours, days, weeks or months to track down - and you won't know which one it is until you identify the cause. Some can even take years (but that's usually with much more complex systems).

Simple bugs caused by simply not implementing a feature can be estimated, as it doesn't involve hunting to find a cause.

The rendering bugs might have pushed everything back as that was a highly elusive and intermittent bug that didn't happen on every machine. They may have had to purchase or borrow various machine configurations and try to create different configuration states on each of those machines to isolate the problem (as you might find two people with the same hardware getting different results).
They actually told me it’d be working in the 2nd update. Who cares there’s bigger problems they need to fix.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

13 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
13 Jan 2022
Ah I see. I thought the ceo had put this back in his roadmap update.

Ps. That deadline gif is hilarious
Yeah I couldn't resist the gif, I was going to post it in the loading time thread but went for a image of my first computer (amstrad cpc 464)

As for the roadmap stuff I have no skin in the rack, I'm very much old school and won't be buying anything until I know what it includes for sure not what it might have at some point in the future possibly :lol:

Disappointed that I won't be testing the demo this month but it was inevitable especially given how well hidpi went/still is given that it was the major point for the rewrite and still isn't working properly I would be fine if it took another year to fully realise the roadmap

I say take your time and get it right I want a stable version that includes the features I'm paying.

Arrant
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

Eddi-16 wrote:
13 Jan 2022
Why can't they implement in the meantime some sequencer updates like markers, record update or track folders....just as a little "snack" or nice gesture to calm down the situation. Is it really that much work? Other software did stuff like this years ago in point updates.

@ CEO:
Please new CEO, just do something to provide us users some small workflow features.

:thumbup:
They need a stable codebase to iron out those bugs. Introducing new features now would only make the ongoing fixes more difficult.

But yeah, that roadmap is shot to hell.

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022
They actually told me it’d be working in the 2nd update. Who cares there’s bigger problems they need to fix.
Everyone else with the bigger problems??

EnochLight

13 Jan 2022

Eddi-16 wrote:
13 Jan 2022
Are you shure?
Yes. We’re sure.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

avasopht wrote:
13 Jan 2022
MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022
My biggest problem just now is that my Jazzmaster Ultra arrived today and there’s an earth problem with it. Sending it back tomorrow and I am sad.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EnochLight

13 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022
avasopht wrote:
13 Jan 2022

My biggest problem just now is that my Jazzmaster Ultra arrived today and there’s an earth problem with it. Sending it back tomorrow and I am sad.
Without the ability to play on Mars or on the ISS, I guess an "earth problem" is unavoidable. :lol: jk

Grounding issues always suck - sorry to hear your Jazzmaster Ultra was a bum unit. When you spend that kind of money and it's defective, that's maddening.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

13 Jan 2022

EnochLight wrote:
13 Jan 2022
MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022

Without the ability to play on Mars or on the ISS, I guess an "earth problem" is unavoidable. :lol: jk

Grounding issues always suck - sorry to hear your Jazzmaster Ultra was a bum unit. When you spend that kind of money and it's defective, that's maddening.
Sounds like someone's got Figger problems now :lol:

EnochLight

13 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jan 2022
Sounds like someone's got Figger problems now :lol:
I approve of this dad joke. :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

EnochLight wrote:
13 Jan 2022
MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022

Here’s the thing. They said they could fix and and give me some money back on it. Or they could give me a full refund. It’s uncertain when they’ll have more in stock as I think I just had luck that they got this one. So I don’t know what to do really.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

13 Jan 2022

Billy+

13 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022
EnochLight wrote:
13 Jan 2022

Here’s the thing. They said they could fix and and give me some money back on it. Or they could give me a full refund. It’s uncertain when they’ll have more in stock as I think I just had luck that they got this one. So I don’t know what to do really.
What colour did you get in the end?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jan 2022
MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022

What colour did you get in the end?
Ultraburst
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

Nope. Sent it back. Refund. F***
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022
This is the exact reason I made that post way back in September about why I was concerned about Reason.

It was obvious they'd bring people to refund the product, which is not a normal thing for regular users or users who would otherwise be happy to continue using it.

I was quite optimistic by suggesting they'd at have the crash/instability bugs ironed out by January/February (I was maybe 80% right).

But such is life. Bugs like this are tricky. This really should have been communicated clearly before launch, and definitely should have been clearly communicated to new users since then.

I didn't recommend Reason to a friend I've made a lot of music in Reason for. She eventually got R+ on her brother's recommendation. I just didn't want to risk her having issues with bugs or being disappointed with glitchy or incomplete graphics.

I'm sure it'll be great once it's out, but please, for the love of bread, do not do a release like this again!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jan 2022

avasopht wrote:
13 Jan 2022
MrFigg wrote:
13 Jan 2022
This is the exact reason I made that post way back in September about why I was concerned about Reason.

It was obvious they'd bring people to refund the product, which is not a normal thing for regular users or users who would otherwise be happy to continue using it.

I was quite optimistic by suggesting they'd at have the crash/instability bugs ironed out by January/February (I was maybe 80% right).

But such is life. Bugs like this are tricky. This really should have been communicated clearly before launch, and definitely should have been clearly communicated to new users since then.

I didn't recommend Reason to a friend I've made a lot of music in Reason for. She eventually got R+ on her brother's recommendation. I just didn't want to risk her having issues with bugs or being disappointed with glitchy or incomplete graphics.

I'm sure it'll be great once it's out, but please, for the love of bread, do not do a release like this again!
Hahaha. It wasn’t Reason I sent back, it was the faulty Jazzmaster. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

14 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
14 Jan 2022
avasopht wrote:
13 Jan 2022

Hahaha. It wasn’t Reason I sent back, it was the faulty Jazzmaster. :)
You should subscribe to Jazzmaster+. No-one buys perpetual guitars anymore.

• Information