Selig Audio Live Stream Thursday Jan 13 20:00 UTC

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
selig
RE Developer

12 Jan 2022

Hi all, this will be my first live stream and trying not to over hype it because things may be a little rough around the edges. I'll cover how I use Infuser with some tips and tricks and we'll see where it goes from there. Can also talk about the studio build, other Selig products, and I'll show you some Combinators I'm currently working on.

I'm planning on doing this at 20:00 UTC/3pm EST in the US on Thursday Jan 13 2022. If there is a time slot that's better for the majority of folks please let me know, I'm still able to be a little flexible on the start time.

I'll also be happy to go down any rabbit hole that is suggested and interesting, and want to keep things low key/casual. Plan on running for around 1 hr, and if anyone has questions/suggestions in advance let me know!
Selig Audio, LLC

arqui

12 Jan 2022

Thank you for your initiative, I always ask myself how you prepare the tracks to start mixing with Selig Gain, I have seen some explanations of you that I found very interesting (thanks for that). I'll be there when you pass the link, greetings.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

motuscott

12 Jan 2022

Cool!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

crimsonwarlock

12 Jan 2022

I hope to attend. Is this on YouTube?
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Ottostrom

12 Jan 2022

I'll hopefully be able to attend as well :-)

rgdaniel

12 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
12 Jan 2022
A test stream came through on his channel earlier, so I expect so, yes.

Subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/user/SeligAudio

selig
RE Developer

12 Jan 2022

rgdaniel wrote:
12 Jan 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
12 Jan 2022
A test stream came through on his channel earlier, so I expect so, yes.

Subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/user/SeligAudio
Yes, that's me testing because I changed a bunch of stuff and wanted to make sure it all still worked (still new to streaming)! Will post a link shortly, but you should also receive a message if you are subscribed and have that option turned on.
Selig Audio, LLC

Bes
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2022

7am Friday morning my local time. for sure i'll tune in if i can or catch it later on in the day. nice idea G :)
- Certified Reason expert

crimsonwarlock

13 Jan 2022

selig wrote:
12 Jan 2022
...you should also receive a message if you are subscribed and have that option turned on.
Subscribed and notifications turned on :D
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

deigm

13 Jan 2022

Will there be a link to view this later when i inevitably miss the live stream? Keen to learn more about infuser but won't be available around that time :mrgreen:

selig
RE Developer

13 Jan 2022

deigm wrote:
13 Jan 2022
Will there be a link to view this later when i inevitably miss the live stream? Keen to learn more about infuser but won't be available around that time :mrgreen:
Yea, I’ll record and post a link here.
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

13 Jan 2022

Here's the link to the live stream, I also added it to the first post above:

rtmp://x.rtmp.youtube.com/live2
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

13 Jan 2022

Going Live in five!
Selig Audio, LLC

Aosta

13 Jan 2022

:clap: :thumbup:
Last edited by Aosta on 13 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.
Tend the flame

selig
RE Developer

13 Jan 2022

Here's a link to the full live stream, that skips the intro music at the top:
Selig Audio, LLC

wendylou

13 Jan 2022

Very nice video. :clap: Jaw-on-the-ground looking at your new studio :o I'll always be an in-the-box desktop studio person, but I do enjoy seeing real studios. You mentioned making your Binaural combi available but I did not find a link in the notes. The sound reminds me of a dual arpeggiator combi I once used in a song. Love that sound! Also a fan of subtle variable detuning over time.

I can't seem to find the video now on your YT channel in a browser, even though I just watched it via AppleTV. Weird.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Bes
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2022

what a beutiful space to stream from, was nice to see the studio build slideshow and looking forward to more of these, maybe a couple of studio tours as it changes over the years. i tuned in too late to catch it live but i think the stream time is still good. looking forward to trying out the binaural synth i really like the sound demo's ive heard from the UDO and have tried to build a few examples myself. i understand the infuser much better now too :)
- Certified Reason expert

challism

13 Jan 2022

This is awesome! Thanks for doing this... I hope to see more in the future.

@12:00 minutes in... "this is going to be a freebie" cool! I was hoping you would share that patch. Nice! Thank you!

@15:10 "It's easy to be fooled thinking that when it's better, it's louder."
ha ha ha.... my karaoke-loving neighbors are proof of this concept!

@24:00 "I don't even know if I can explain it or teach it."
[stops video]

Who is that band, Giles? They sound kind of like the Killers. I like their sound.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

dvdrtldg

13 Jan 2022

Where can I get a Selig hat? (serious question)

selig
RE Developer

14 Jan 2022

Here's the link to the Binaural Synth thread:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7526528
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

14 Jan 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
13 Jan 2022
Where can I get a Selig hat? (serious question)
That is my last hat of the initial order, just opened it up for the stream because the others I had were old and dirty (shouldn't wear them to do yard work and hiking!).
Will consider a second run if they is demand. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

14 Jan 2022

challism wrote:
13 Jan 2022

@12:00 minutes in... "this is going to be a freebie" cool! I was hoping you would share that patch. Nice! Thank you!

[stops video]

Who is that band, Giles? They sound kind of like the Killers. I like their sound.
In my mind there are (at least) three basic levels of understanding: 1st level is basically simply how do/operate something, 2nd level is an understanding of the core concepts behind the process, and 3rd is the ability to teach/explain it well to others! I try not to reach for level 3 before I've completed 1 and 2… :)

The band was called Victoria, no longer together. Here's their band camp page where you can hear the song I used and the rest of the album we made together over 10 years ago now!
https://victoriaband.bandcamp.com/?fbcl ... _Z4WUEKrBE
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

14 Jan 2022

selig wrote:
14 Jan 2022
challism wrote:
13 Jan 2022

[stops video]

In my mind there are (at least) three basic levels of understanding: 1st level is basically simply how do/operate something, 2nd level is an understanding of the core concepts behind the process, and 3rd is the ability to teach/explain it well to others! I try not to reach for level 3 before I've completed 1 and 2… :)

The band was called Victoria, no longer together. Here's their band camp page where you can hear the song I used and the rest of the album we made together over 10 years ago now!
https://victoriaband.bandcamp.com/?fbcl ... _Z4WUEKrBE
Sometimes reaching for level 3 is exactly what helps you achieve level 2. As the old saying goes, you don't truly know something until you have taught it. But I get what you are saying.

Thanks for the link to the band... I'll check them out.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

selig
RE Developer

14 Jan 2022

challism wrote:
14 Jan 2022
Sometimes reaching for level 3 is exactly what helps you achieve level 2. As the old saying goes, you don't truly know something until you have taught it. But I get what you are saying.

Thanks for the link to the band... I'll check them out.
My first audio teacher (Belmont, Nashville in 1980) skipped #2 and flat out mis represented things in class in order to (as he claimed the one time I called him on it) 'make it easier to understand'. I said nothing, but inside I was thinking 'why even show up to class if this guy is playing loose and fast with the facts?' and pretty much tuned out from then on (the dropped out at the end of the semester). So I guess it's personal to me to know what I'm talking about and to make public correction if not.

But it IS true that the measure of your understanding of a subject can be made based on how well you can teach it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can get to #3 BY teaching… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

arnigretar

16 Jan 2022

Will consider a second run if they is demand. :)

I will take one if you do another run :thumbup:
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

• Information