Converting Kontakt libraries to NN-xt

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Michaellos

11 Jan 2022

Hello everyone

Is there any way to convert Kontakt libraries to Nn-xt format ? Is it legal ? Just for personal usage

Thanks !

DaveyG

11 Jan 2022

Michaellos wrote:
11 Jan 2022
Is there any way to convert Kontakt libraries to Nn-xt format ?
Usually, no. Most commercial Kontakt libs are encrypted. Of course, you can resample anything that you can hear so you could play the samples via Kontakt, record them, chop them up than put them in NNXT but, of course, that only gets you one particular sound at a time and none of the sound shaping tools that most Kontakt libs will have. Some DAWs have decent built-in tool for automating this (FL Studio's is particularly good) and there are good standalone tools that do the same. SampleRobot is probably the best of these but it's not cheap.

And, yes, it's legal to do anything for your own use and you can even use the sounds in a commercial release. What you can't do is share the sounds with us or release your own sample library with them.

QVprod

11 Jan 2022

In this age where Kontakt can be used in Reason, It’s a lot of effort for little reward even if you can access the samples. NNXT isn’t as capable as Kontakt is.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2022

QVprod wrote:
11 Jan 2022
In this age where Kontakt can be used in Reason, It’s a lot of effort for little reward even if you can access the samples. NNXT isn’t as capable as Kontakt is.
Aaa...if you don't have Kontakt though. And download the packs for full Kontakt which appear periodically? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

11 Jan 2022

https://www.chickensys.com/products2/tr ... index.html is supposed to be able to do these conversions (for unencrypted samples only), but I have not tested this as I simply use Kontakt as well.
Last edited by jam-s on 11 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Karim
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2022

It works but not on all kontakt libraries I tested years ago.

jam-s wrote:
11 Jan 2022
https://www.chickensys.com/products2/tr ... index.html is supposed to be able to do these conversions, but I have not tested this as I simply use Kontakt as well.
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

jam-s

11 Jan 2022

Karim wrote:
11 Jan 2022
It works but not on all kontakt libraries I tested years ago.
That's what they say regarding Kontakt:
Chickensys wrote:
  • Kontakt 6: These exist in the old extensions NKI NKM NKB etc. but cannot be read.
  • Kontakt 5 and lower: Non-encrypted only. Kontakt .nki's that read .nks or .nkx files are classified as encrypted. NKI/NKM that reference NCW files must be resaved as uncompressed in Kontakt to be supported. Can read all information from Kontakt 5 and 4.2 files EXCEPT modulators, filters, and slice information. Kontakt 5/4.2 Banks (.nkb) are not supported yet. NOTE: the .NKB and modulators/filters/slices restriction is NI's restriction, they chose to not let users read these parameters. We have asked them repeatedly for over a decades to change their policy but so far to no avail. We do not expect them to change.
Imho getting Kontakt or Komplete on sale is the better option in the long run.

QVprod

11 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
11 Jan 2022
QVprod wrote:
11 Jan 2022
Aaa...if you don't have Kontakt though. And download the packs for full Kontakt which appear periodically? :)
If there’s any scripting on it (more than likely is) you’re wasting your time if you want it to sound the same. You’ll have to set loop points manually and any fx you’ll have to recreate within Reason. Keyswitches aren’t possible without making it a combinator. Not to mention if presents mean anything to you. You might be able to pull off a simpler version of it at best. May be fine if the library is very simple.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2022

QVprod wrote:
11 Jan 2022
MrFigg wrote:
11 Jan 2022

If there’s any scripting on it (more than likely is) you’re wasting your time if you want it to sound the same. You’ll have to set loop points manually and any fx you’ll have to recreate within Reason. Keyswitches aren’t possible without making it a combinator. Not to mention if presents mean anything to you. You might be able to pull off a simpler version of it at best. May be fine if the library is very simple.
Yeah. I know :). The guy who made the Tibetan thigh bone trumpet Kontakt library sent me the raw wav files. Amazing how a whole load of effects can be used to make stuff sound better. I didn’t realize he’d actually played it himself. Was really good of him to send me the wavs, really it was but would it suffice for you to understand what I mean If i tell you I haven’t been able to use those wav files.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

11 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
11 Jan 2022
QVprod wrote:
11 Jan 2022

Yeah. I know :). The guy who made the Tibetan thigh bone trumpet Kontakt library sent me the raw wav files. Amazing how a whole load of effects can be used to make stuff sound better. I didn’t realize he’d actually played it himself. Was really good of him to send me the wavs, really it was but would it suffice for you to understand what I mean If i tell you I haven’t been able to use those wav files.
I know what you mean. I’ve tried mapping stuff myself in the past… I use none of it currently :lol:

crimsonwarlock

12 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
11 Jan 2022
QVprod wrote:
11 Jan 2022
You can use the free Decent Sampler VST to rebuild Kontakt instruments if you have access to the samples:

https://www.decentsamples.com/product/d ... er-plugin/

-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

QVprod

12 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
12 Jan 2022
MrFigg wrote:
11 Jan 2022

You can use the free Decent Sampler VST to rebuild Kontakt instruments if you have access to the samples:

https://www.decentsamples.com/product/d ... er-plugin/

This is fairly nice for people who are into or knowledgeable about scripting or coding, but complicated as hell for people who aren't. And you'd have to do it all from scratch if you don't own Kontakt since the script he provides requires creator tools. Not having the built in FX of Kontakt will also be a factor. It's cool plugin for those into this kind of thing. Though in this case, the instrument in the video would be doable via NNXT far easier since its only round robins for a percussive instrument (no loop points).

crimsonwarlock

13 Jan 2022

QVprod wrote:
12 Jan 2022
This is fairly nice for people who are into or knowledgeable about scripting or coding, but complicated as hell for people who aren't. And you'd have to do it all from scratch if you don't own Kontakt since the script he provides requires creator tools. Not having the built in FX of Kontakt will also be a factor. It's cool plugin for those into this kind of thing. Though in this case, the instrument in the video would be doable via NNXT far easier since its only round robins for a percussive instrument (no loop points).
Yep. Just pointing out the option :puf_smile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

• Information