[RELEASED!] Selig Audio New Product: INFUSER

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rorystorm

24 Dec 2021

integerpoet wrote:
24 Dec 2021
littlejam wrote:
22 Dec 2021
thank you Seligiles
I am officially the last person on the forum to realize Selig is Giles backward and vice versa.

I am so embarrassed by this that I decided to call everyone's attention to it so they can point and laugh, enabling me to experience the depth of humiliation I deserve.
Don't worry dude, I didn't get it until I just read your post. So more embarrassments for me. :?

challism

25 Dec 2021

integerpoet wrote:
24 Dec 2021
littlejam wrote:
22 Dec 2021
thank you Seligiles
I am officially the last person on the forum to realize Selig is Giles backward and vice versa.

I am so embarrassed by this that I decided to call everyone's attention to it so they can point and laugh, enabling me to experience the depth of humiliation I deserve.
Here's a picture of Giles going to work.
external-content.duckduckgo.jpg
external-content.duckduckgo.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 3577 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Ottostrom

26 Dec 2021

Anyone wanna share their experience with using this RE? Can't try it at the moment but I'm interested in hearing what people think about it :)

MDTerps2015

09 Jan 2022

selig wrote:
21 Dec 2021
UPDATE:
It's 12 22 21 (palindrome date!) and Infuser is officially release.
Obligatory store page link: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/infuser/
Dec 21, 2021
Hi all, it's been a while but I've been busy. I have a new product about to launch and I wanted to share the news here first!
Shout out to the beta testers for their hard work, and especially to David Antliff for his continued expertise and Wendy Dunham for ongoing help with the interwebs.

Here are the details:

Selig Audio
Infuser
$49 USD

Infuser is an enhancement effect, designed to be used to add subtle flavor to any track like salt and pepper adds flavor to food. Building on technology introduced in ColoringEQ, Infuser takes a unique approach to frequency specific saturation effects.
The key with Infuser is in not just adding saturation at specific frequencies and mixing them back with the original in parallel, but also in reducing the level of the original signal at the same frequencies by a proportional amount at the same time. When you add more saturation, Infuser automatically reduces the original signal at the same frequency. This is done to allow you to choose to preserve the overall frequency spectrum of a sound even when adding saturation at various frequencies. The end result is a more controlled and subtle saturation effect, while also allowing you to exaggerate the spectral balances while adding saturation in parallel if you prefer.

Of course you can always fine tune the effect to be more or less subtle, or solo a band to enjoy the 100% saturated signal. Each of the two bands covers the entire spectrum. Plus both bands can be switched to Bell (parametric) shape to focus even more on a smaller audio band. Tuning is done in semitone steps like ColoringEQ, and by using high Q settings you can impart a strong pitch element (saturation helps too). CV inputs for standard Gate/CV are provided for “playing” the EQ bands from .

Applications include:
•Add heft and girth to wimpy tracks that lack low end power, which can also help them remain present on small speakers.
•Add subtle high frequency saturation to dull acoustic instrument from drums to acoustic guitars, and add excitement to vocals.
•Add a pitched effect to low drums, especially for turning ordinary kicks into tuned 808 kicks.
•Use CV for pitch tracking effects.
•Synthesize massive subs from kicks, or create missing upper harmonics on mp3 files or poorly recorded drums.
•Create percussive/shaker effects from rhythmic acoustic instruments such as guitar or piano.

Bonus: Each band includes a frequency specific “nano-synthesizer” which is related to the main section.

Boom controls the Sub synth, a sine wave generator triggered by the output of the Boom filter featuring a Tune offset (linked to the main Tune or independent), Decay time, Drive (for adding harmonics to the sub), and it’s own On/Off, Solo, and Level control. On the back panel you can invert the polarity of the Sub oscillator if it’s conflicting with any existing bass.

Sizzle controls the Fizz synth, a noise generator with its own filter which follows the Sizzle filter shape and Q, but Tune can be linked or independent of Sizzle. Controls include a Threshold (gate) that cuts out the low level sounds, Decay time, Tune and Level as well as On/Off and Solo.
Both of these nano-synths are blended in with the original according to their Level controls, and also have independent output jacks on the back panel for further processing.

Speaking of the back panel, the Tune for all four sections can be controlled via CV as well as Decay for the two nano-synths. There are standard CV/Gate inputs for note control, switchable for Boom and Sizzle separately. Plus, there is a Gate Out from the Sub section that is available.
I was just asking myself before this release, "whatever happened to Selig?" Well welcome back. I have every one of your products and will test this out. I do this just for fun. So glad to see you're still around and got your mind working on things.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Ottostrom

21 Oct 2023

I bought this RE in May but haven't used it until now. I'm currently in the mixing stage for most tracks of my new EP and Infuser is really helping me get that final clarity right :)
I feel like I can get a pretty good overall level & frequency balance but things have been sounding a bit dull compared to the stuff I'm listening to (this is ofc pre mastering, but still something I want to get fixed in the mix).
Now I just slap an Infuser last in the chain on the key elements of the track and it instantly sounds better. The salt & pepper analogy fits this device perfectly

Faastwalker

24 Oct 2023

Ottostrom wrote:
21 Oct 2023
I bought this RE in May but haven't used it until now. I'm currently in the mixing stage for most tracks of my new EP and Infuser is really helping me get that final clarity right :)
I feel like I can get a pretty good overall level & frequency balance but things have been sounding a bit dull compared to the stuff I'm listening to (this is ofc pre mastering, but still something I want to get fixed in the mix).
Now I just slap an Infuser last in the chain on the key elements of the track and it instantly sounds better. The salt & pepper analogy fits this device perfectly
That's good to hear. I'm pretty useless with these kinds of devices and how to use them. So tend to give them a wide steer. Would you say it's easy to use? Do the presets give you a good jumping off point to start you off?

Ottostrom

24 Oct 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
24 Oct 2023
That's good to hear. I'm pretty useless with these kinds of devices and how to use them. So tend to give them a wide steer. Would you say it's easy to use? Do the presets give you a good jumping off point to start you off?
Yes this is definitely a very easy device to use :)
It automatically compensates the level of the frequency band that you're applying saturation to so you only have to decide how much of it you want. I have honestly not even checked out the presets yet just because it's so quick to setup (and because everything depends on the source you're feeding it anyways).
The "nano-synth" Fizz which is a noise generator activated by the Sizzle part is also surprisingly useful when you need something to cut through a bit more

• Information