Looking for a specific cv utility

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
crimsonwarlock

07 Jan 2022

Just checked (I have 12.2.3 and 11 Suite installed in my studio). Unfortunately, it appears that the change to the combinator file format makes it impossible to load these files into previous versions, including R11 and before. Checking that box doesn't help.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

07 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
07 Jan 2022
Just checked (I have 12.2.3 and 11 Suite installed in my studio). Unfortunately, it appears that the change to the combinator file format makes it impossible to load these files into previous versions, including R11 and before. Checking that box doesn't help.
Thanks for checking. That really sucks.

And for the record, I would LOVE it if Yan (Pongasoft) would build and release CV versions of the 2 audio 12:1/1:12 switches. I've always wished for something like that. I'm going to notify Yan about this thread. :) You can see in this "What's missing?" thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7524787 I previously requested this very RE be built back in Sept 2021! Feel free to go over there and request it. Maybe Yan will build it for us!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Pepin

07 Jan 2022

challism wrote:
06 Jan 2022
I'm convinced that Front-8 is a way to build this... it will just require lots of workaround tricks.
A single RVL-1 (FRONT-8's cousin) can actually do what the OP describes:
- Attach the CV source to Step Forwarding Input 1
- Attach the destinations to Step Outputs for Input 1
- Set Input 1's Num Steps to the number of outputs (up to 8)
- Set Input 1's Bias/Const to 1
- Use Input 1's Scale knob within the range 0 to 1 to select the output (probably just map a Combi knob to this range)

And you could of course repeat this process for inputs 2-7 for redirecting multiple inputs.

Here's a Combinator:
CV Output Selector.cmb.zip
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
This could be recreated using Combinator 1.0, but I don't have R11 installed.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.57.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.57.25 AM.png (605.07 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.57.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.57.00 AM.png (483.67 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
Last edited by Pepin on 07 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Pepin

07 Jan 2022

Just for completion's sake you could also perform the reverse by leaving the Step Forwarding Input detached (which defaults to a constant value of 1) and hooking the step outputs to the Mod inputs of FRONT-8. So here's a second Combi for that:
CV Input Selector.cmb.zip
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
And I actually posted a more complex Combinator years ago, way back when these REs were first released, that lets you select both input and output using two separate knobs.:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7331304&p=17589&hil ... tor#p17589

That one uses Thor instead of the Scale knobs, though I can't recall why.

Hazel

07 Jan 2022

Pepin wrote:
07 Jan 2022
challism wrote:
06 Jan 2022
I'm convinced that Front-8 is a way to build this... it will just require lots of workaround tricks.
A single RVL-1 (FRONT-8's cousin) can actually do what the OP describes:
- Attach the CV source to Step Forwarding Input 1
- Attach the destinations to Step Outputs for Input 1
- Set Input 1's Num Steps to the number of outputs (up to 8)
- Set Input 1's Bias/Const to 1
- Use Input 1's Scale knob within the range 0 to 1 to select the output (probably just map a Combi knob to this range)

And you could of course repeat this process for inputs 2-7 for redirecting multiple inputs.

Here's a Combinator:
CV Output Selector.cmb.zip

This could be recreated using Combinator 1.0, but I don't have R11 installed.
Thanks for that. I was playing around with the RVL-1 a bit trying to see if I could do this actually, but I was a bit confused to how it actually worked, so I didn't figure it out. I'll give it another shot later when I get the chance. One of the free REs I've had for a while I think, but haven't ever figured out what to do with it.

Bes
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2022

yo pepin this is awesome thanks for your RE's they're great tools
- Certified Reason expert

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2022

You need to checkout Le Note Live's free stuff, you can do what you are asking with those.

I have done a couple of video's on their stuff. e.g.
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 08 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Bes
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2022

thanks for the reminder and the great video PB :) now this is extremely simple
- Certified Reason expert

dancing fool

08 Jan 2022

jam-s

08 Jan 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
08 Jan 2022
You need to checkout Le Note Live's free stuff, you can do what you are asking with those.

Oh right, I had totally forgotten about those.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... t-program/ and
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... et-cv-out/
should work for the task here.

Hazel

08 Jan 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
08 Jan 2022

Wow. Excellent and detailed video. Thanks, I may have check some of your other videos on there as well.

selig
RE Developer

08 Jan 2022

dancing fool wrote:
08 Jan 2022
this
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... rossfader/
do cv crossfading and is free
It says it does CV shaping, but not CV crossfading (or maybe I've misunderstood):
"With the help of these curves Morfin XF becomes also a CV shaper. You can have envelopes with curvy attack times. For example, if you feed CV input with unipolar triangular CV, when taper is AB, you will have square CV on output A, if taper is DIP you will have a sine, if taper is SQ you will have a square of the CV input etc."
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

09 Jan 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
08 Jan 2022

I'm going to watch these videos on Le Note's REs. I really haven't been able to understand how any of them work. Then a user on RT explained how to use Note Receive (their only Player device) and I use that one ALL THE TIME! It is a must have for any player stack. Anyway, I've been wanting to figure out the rest of their devices, so thanks in advance for these Carly. :)
Pepin wrote:
07 Jan 2022
I just wanted to tell you thanks for making these REs free for everyone to enjoy. I bought Front8 when it came out and it has remained one of my favorite CV devices all these years. I'm so happy that everyone is able to freely use it now. And I have overlooked RVL-1 all these years, thinking it was just a complimentary labeler for Front8... I guess it has other functions, too. I downloaded your Combi and am having a look at it now. Thank you!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Pepin

09 Jan 2022

Bes wrote:
07 Jan 2022
yo pepin this is awesome thanks for your RE's they're great tools
challism wrote:
09 Jan 2022
I just wanted to tell you thanks for making these REs free for everyone to enjoy. I bought Front8 when it came out and it has remained one of my favorite CV devices all these years. I'm so happy that everyone is able to freely use it now. And I have overlooked RVL-1 all these years, thinking it was just a complimentary labeler for Front8... I guess it has other functions, too. I downloaded your Combi and am having a look at it now. Thank you!
:thumbup: I'm glad people are still getting use out of them

jam-s

10 Jan 2022

This RE https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... al-switch/ should also work, but it cannot compete prisewise with the awesome free option we have here thanks to Pepin's generosity.

• Information