(Melodic electronic) Clean Slate

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rare_shadow
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2021

No idea what genre this one could be. Let me know if you have a suggestion or any kind of feedback to the track.

Happy holidays everyone!

integerpoet

23 Dec 2021

Reminded me of an instrumental digestif that a quirky singer-fronted synth-pop group might put at the end of an album. Most of the group consider it an inoffensive experiment one or two of them wrote during a stoned weekend, but it ends up being a favorite of some true fans.

I liked the little flourishy rise at around 2:47 (as well as the others later).

But overall it left me wanting more of a "story", if that makes any sense.

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

01 Jan 2022

integerpoet wrote:
23 Dec 2021
Reminded me of an instrumental digestif that a quirky singer-fronted synth-pop group might put at the end of an album. Most of the group consider it an inoffensive experiment one or two of them wrote during a stoned weekend, but it ends up being a favorite of some true fans.

I liked the little flourishy rise at around 2:47 (as well as the others later).

But overall it left me wanting more of a "story", if that makes any sense.
:D I wasn't under the influence when I wrote this track but I am influenced by jazz and fusion tracks with lots of solos lately.
Thanks for listening.

Axiom 23

06 Jan 2022

Hi !
Well, as far as genres go this to me sounds like music from some kind of cult independent computergame. Maybe a game where the main dude looks a bit like Snake Plisken and wanders around the empty streets of New York. But its probably the last coarse of the game since it's sort of triumfant sounding. Maybe even a postludium to the whole game. Anyway, i like it and was happy to spend some time listening.

Wav-E

09 Jan 2022

Nice track , sounds a bit like computergame to me too, especially the main lead melody, well done. The background melody and the bass are also great.
:thumbup:

TheGodOfRainbows

19 Jan 2022

Really nice sounding piece. I don't know how to classify it. I'm not good at doing that. But I like the overall mix, it sounds open and clear. I like the percussive elements, and the bass sounds really nice too, as well as the lead. Good job!

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

Axiom 23 wrote:
06 Jan 2022
Hi !
Well, as far as genres go this to me sounds like music from some kind of cult independent computergame. Maybe a game where the main dude looks a bit like Snake Plisken and wanders around the empty streets of New York. But its probably the last coarse of the game since it's sort of triumfant sounding. Maybe even a postludium to the whole game. Anyway, i like it and was happy to spend some time listening.
Thank you very much for listening and sharing what made you the track think of, Axiom!

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

Wav-E wrote:
09 Jan 2022
Nice track , sounds a bit like computergame to me too, especially the main lead melody, well done. The background melody and the bass are also great.
:thumbup:
Thanks Wav-E!
Interesting thoughts about computer games. I didn't think of that while writing the track but I see the connection now.

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2022

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
19 Jan 2022
Really nice sounding piece. I don't know how to classify it. I'm not good at doing that. But I like the overall mix, it sounds open and clear. I like the percussive elements, and the bass sounds really nice too, as well as the lead. Good job!
Thank you very much God of Rainbows!

• Information