next RIG lines - when?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Rising Night Wave

03 Jan 2022

is it known when the RIG lines will be released in next version?
i just checked RIG 4 for mix and mastering... and i saw it was released 2 and a half years ago.
damn Reason!

i am so interested into buying RIG for mix and mastering.
i know, i know, i said some times already here on RTF.
also i said some times that i am low on budget.
but! this is still my fav and long time wish for buying.

but would like to see new version 5 of RIG for mixing and mastering.

com one Reason Team! do it! you can do it!

FFS... i am getting thoughts Reason is really OLD. almost in any sense.
perhaps Reason Studios should change their kitchen cooking employed crew with younger blood which is more intusiastic and modern in thinking and so on...
... or whatever at all. who cares...

eh, yada, yada... - how much wishes were already written here on RTF for next versions of Reason DAW to be included... and nothing. eh...
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

jam-s

03 Jan 2022

I wouldn't be surprised if they retire the remaining rigs altogether in the future.

challism

04 Jan 2022

I've been hoping for the Rig 5 update, too. I want to buy the upgrade for $79, but I'm afraid they will come out with Rig 5 after I upgrade. It would be a shame if the remaining 2 Rugs just disappeared. Anything's possibke and nothing's shicking.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2022

challism wrote:
04 Jan 2022
I've been hoping for the Rig 5 update, too. I want to buy the upgrade for $79, but I'm afraid they will come out with Rig 5 after I upgrade. It would be a shame if the remaining 2 Rugs just disappeared. Anything's possibke and nothing's shicking.
Yeah. I bought Rigs 3 for €199 then a couple of weeks later they released Rigs 4 for €149. Wrote to them but got a “Sorry but no” in return.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

04 Jan 2022

MrFigg wrote:
04 Jan 2022
challism wrote:
04 Jan 2022
Yeah. I bought Rigs 3 for €199 then a couple of weeks later they released Rigs 4 for €149. Wrote to them but got a “Sorry but no” in return.
That's a pretty short grace period, especially if the price of the new rig went down 25%. But you can upgrade for $79! ha ha ha

I got the two remaining rigs when they were version 1. I already had most of the stuff in the 3rd rig (that has now been removed). And I've got pretty much all the stuff in the updated synth rig 4, so no real need to buy it. But that mixing rig... it's got some new stuff I want that actually makes it a good deal. I've already got most of it, but they added a few things, such as Disperser, Red Rocks ModularRE, Softube FET Compressor; those three REs make the upgrade price pretty sweet. I think I'll buy the upgrade pretty soon.

And let's not forget two things:
* The possibili8ty of them discontinuing the rigs at any time, without notice.... this is a strong possiblity, really, considering the Rigs contain some Reason branded REs... and RS seem to be moving away from offering sales or discount of any kind on their REs - to push people into R+ (which is a lame move).
* The possibility of an upgrade to version 5 removing some of the current items in the rig. I think this has happened in the past. If there is something in the rig that you really want, it might not be available in the next version... IF there IS a next version.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Rising Night Wave

04 Jan 2022

yeah, i woul so much like to see next version.
i would buy RIG mix&master 4 but it is somehow outdated.
but if there will be no more RIGs... then i will, if i will have enough money in that time, buy RIG 4 mix& master.

also i want to say: if they will remove or cancel with other words RIGs... that would be a total shitty kakka FFS!!! Reason, don't do that!
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

DaveyG

04 Jan 2022

I'd also like to see some updated Rigs but I think they may not fit in to the new RS sales plan.

Aosta

04 Jan 2022

I think the only drawback to the rigs is having some of the REs already, would be a great option if you could 'build you own rig' from a selection.
Tend the flame

Rising Night Wave

04 Jan 2022

i am also thinking it would be awesome that RIGs would be also either for subscription or rent-to-own.
rent-to-own would also be a good idea/choice.

jam-s

04 Jan 2022

Aosta wrote:
04 Jan 2022
I think the only drawback to the rigs is having some of the REs already, would be a great option if you could 'build you own rig' from a selection.
In general a "complete your bundle" offer that would reduce the (upgrade) cost of any bundle deal in accordance to already owned included products would be very welcome.

motuscott

04 Jan 2022

Complete your bundle,
That's what she said.

Vlad, the Thread Derailler
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

EpiGenetik

05 Jan 2022

I have to ask, what do you think would be worth adding to Rigs 4 for Mixing and Mastering?

...annnndddd, given that something from Rigs 4 would be removed to facilitate the additions to 5, what would you see removed?

Your thoughts?

• Information