Live lite 11 free with Computer Music (upgraded to suite)

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Billy+

02 Dec 2021

It looks like the next edition of computer music available on the 29th of December is going to include a free copy of Live lite 11, so if are looking for a cheap way into Live to try RRP you might want to grab this copy of Computer Music.

If you don't already have a digital subscription you might even be able to get it for free.
IMG_2887.JPG
IMG_2887.JPG (189.56 KiB) Viewed 30471 times
Last edited by Billy+ on 05 Feb 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Reminiscence

02 Dec 2021

I got mine with my Novation Remote Zero SL - upgraded to Suite this Black Friday - finally - definitely worth it especially since the RRP fits in nice, but my main focus will be to learn the DAW inside out through a Udemy Masterclass - also got Black Friday - and then jump into the Max 4 Live realm. :)

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Billy+

03 Jan 2022

it's available so I got it and am now using it with RRP only I could definitely use with some insight!

I've got a midi track with RRP using the chords player all is working as expected however

How do you bounce the midi ? I.e. Convert the single note track into the player processed data for manually editing?

Loque

03 Jan 2022

Post a link?
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
03 Jan 2022
it's available so I got it and am now using it with RRP only I could definitely use with some insight!

I've got a midi track with RRP using the chords player all is working as expected however

How do you bounce the midi ? I.e. Convert the single note track into the player processed data for manually editing?
Is about 4 minutes in here what you are after?

Billy+

03 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
03 Jan 2022

Is about 4 minutes in here what you are after?
Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for :thumbup:

Billy+

03 Jan 2022

Loque wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Post a link?
A link for what?

Loque

03 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Loque wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Post a link?
A link for what?
To buy.
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

03 Jan 2022

Loque wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
03 Jan 2022

A link for what?
To buy.
It's free with Computer Music magazine?

Just install the app on your phone via the store, download this edition and go from there!

Loque

03 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Loque wrote:
03 Jan 2022

To buy.
It's free with Computer Music magazine?

Just install the app on your phone via the store, download this edition and go from there!
Link to buy the magazin...ok. I give up. Guess its clear for everyone except me. Not interested anymore. But thanks. Might be usefull to others.
Reason12, Win10

WaxTrax

03 Jan 2022

If you have access to Apple News+, you can get the magazine and associated downloads for free. Both Computer Music and Future Music.

My [potentially incorrect] understanding is that Live Lite is very similar to Live Intro, except Live Lite's limitation is 8 audio and 8 MIDI tracks, whereas Live Intro is 16/16.

Billy+

03 Jan 2022

Ok so I've got another Q

How do I enable scale mode?

Currently when I hover over the option it is greyed out and the tip says folding to scale is not supported when scale mode is disabled. Do I need to do something or is it a limit in lite?

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Ok so I've got another Q

Currently when I hover over the option it is greyed out and the tip says folding to scale is not supported when scale mode is disabled. Do I need to do something or is it a limit in lite?
Not sure if it is limited in lite but in my suite version you click the word scale on left hand side under time signature (should go orange) then choose the scale you want. You can then press scale above piano roll ifvyou only want it to show notes from that scale.

Billy+

03 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Ok so I've got another Q

Not sure if it is limited in lite but in my suite version you click the word scale on left hand side under time signature (should go orange) then choose the scale you want. You can then press scale above piano roll ifvyou only want it to show notes from that scale.
Thanks again :thumbs_up:

It was hidden as the clip viewer with it on was folded, still I've only been trying it out for a few hours today lol.

Got to say though that it's very functional for a free daw, I'm definitely going to stick with it and have a good rummage for the next week or so.

Using the players is a bit awkward with having to combine/rearrange then route them out via midi out device, I'm sure that there must be a better way of working with them....

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Popey wrote:
03 Jan 2022

It was hidden as the clip viewer with it on was folded, still I've only been trying it out for a few hours today lol.

Got to say though that it's very functional for a free daw, I'm definitely going to stick with it and have a good rummage for the next week or so.

Using the players is a bit awkward with having to combine/rearrange then route them out via midi out device, I'm sure that there must be a better way of working with them....
No worries I know live took me a tiny bit of time to get used too when I first got it. The rrp thing with players bothered me at first but now it is second nature and takes seconds as you factor it in when creating.

Billy+

03 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
03 Jan 2022

No worries I know live took me a tiny bit of time to get used too when I first got it. The rrp thing with players bothered me at first but now it is second nature and takes seconds as you factor it in when creating.
Well now I've got selectable scales right in the sequencer the players are redundant ;)

stratatonic

03 Jan 2022

WaxTrax wrote:
03 Jan 2022

My [potentially incorrect] understanding is that Live Lite is very similar to Live Intro, except Live Lite's limitation is 8 audio and 8 MIDI tracks, whereas Live Intro is 16/16.
There seems to be quite a lot in the Lite version - other than the 8 tracks.
https://www.ableton.com/en/products/live-lite/features/

kitekrazy

03 Jan 2022

I have plenty of copies of Live Lite. If you want to try RRP in DAWs, Cakewalk and Tracktion are free with no limits. There's also in a previous issue you can get Bitwig 8 track for free.

Billy+

03 Jan 2022

kitekrazy wrote:
03 Jan 2022
I have plenty of copies of Live Lite. If you want to try RRP in DAWs, Cakewalk and Tracktion are free with no limits. There's also in a previous issue you can get Bitwig 8 track for free.
I got a copy of bitwig way back when I brought a P6 but never installed it because Reason met my needs, however over the years I've been getting more and more disappointed by the complete lack of development in the DAW.

There has been years go by without significant improvements or importance placed in the features of the main sequencer and instead of real internal improvements that are included within the main application we've been sold half arsed players that have been drip feed to us at ridiculous cost instead of actual inbuilt functionality.

It's a shame that the developers have been made to follow the path of an investment company in favour of the original software vision that got many of us interested in Reason standalone as our DAW of choice..........

Let's hope 2022 inspires them to create a great DAW that in turn increases revenue rather than the current path of just trying to rinse cash for drip fed improvements via subscription while ridiculing customers who have purchased upgrades and rack extensions for 20 years.........

Billy+

04 Jan 2022

Is there a way to convert a midi track that is running through a midi fx stack into the transformed note?

Like send to track when using a player..

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
04 Jan 2022
Is there a way to convert a midi track that is running through a midi fx stack into the transformed note?

Do you mean record the midi output from one track to another? Not sure if I fully get what you mean but try putting a new midi track in and the change the input (like you did for the reason rack plugin) to the midi channel you wish to get the midi from. Then change the input to in (or something like that I am not at my pc but it is the far left option of three). This bit will be where it normally says all ins on your audio or midi channel. You should then be able to record the midi outputted from your midi fx.

Billy+

04 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
04 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
04 Jan 2022

Do you mean record the midi output from one track to another? Not sure if I fully get what you mean but try putting a new midi track in and the change the input (like you did for the reason rack plugin) to the midi channel you wish to get the midi from. Then change the input to in (or something like that I am not at my pc but it is the far left option of three). This bit will be where it normally says all ins on your audio or midi channel. You should then be able to record the midi outputted from your midi fx.
I think I get it, thanks.

kitekrazy

04 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
03 Jan 2022
kitekrazy wrote:
03 Jan 2022
I got a copy of bitwig way back when I brought a P6 but never installed it because Reason met my needs, however over the years I've been getting more and more disappointed by the complete lack of development in the DAW.

There has been years go by without significant improvements or importance placed in the features of the main sequencer and instead of real internal improvements that are included within the main application we've been sold half arsed players that have been drip feed to us at ridiculous cost instead of actual inbuilt functionality.

It's a shame that the developers have been made to follow the path of an investment company in favour of the original software vision that got many of us interested in Reason standalone as our DAW of choice..........

Let's hope 2022 inspires them to create a great DAW that in turn increases revenue rather than the current path of just trying to rinse cash for drip fed improvements via subscription while ridiculing customers who have purchased upgrades and rack extensions for 20 years.........
I started on Sonar and moved away from it and I was one of those who forked over $200 for their lifetime updates. Gibson killed it after a few months. Now it is called Cakewalk and is free and they've updated that DAW more than some. I've rediscovered it. Bandlab, Reaper, and FL Studio are DAWs often updated. I'm afraid Reaon is more about creating instruments. IF that is their path fine. They couid make their DAW free and just sell instruments. Tracktion basically does that.

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
04 Jan 2022
Popey wrote:
04 Jan 2022

Did you get this to work OK and record your midi fx output?

Billy+

05 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
05 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
04 Jan 2022

Did you get this to work OK and record your midi fx output?
Yeah I got it working thanks.

• Information