9€/month REs subscription plan - your suggestions

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Rising Night Wave

02 Jan 2022

i have a question. i will ask it straight:

what REs should i buy via subscription plan?

i intent to spent 9€ per month. not more for start.

so... what REs are really worth subscribting?
i know this is absurdly stupid question since every person is unique in it's nature.
so... meaning: some REs won't fulfill someone and other REs won't fulfill other one.

am, how to avoid this, i have questoned myself. well, let me say i somehow am interested into:
- EQs (i think i will subscribe to these two REs: RE 60 Real Time Spectrum Analyzer and RE 302 Graphic Equaliser)
- sound modification REs like Disperser is
- beat and/or pattern oriented REs like BeatChop Realtime Slicer for making loops and so more interesting
- i am very interested into vocal REs - this is also very important !!!

this is all what i came up to when checking REs fo subscription plan some hours ago.

you can name any other RE but make it your's best one. it can also be a synth or distortion or whatever. but stick to your favs.

if i will put those four REs into subscription plan it sums to: 194€. i still can use REs for remaining: 206€.

so come up with your bests.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

jam-s

02 Jan 2022

For vocal processing the selig Leveler and DeEsser are a must have imho.

DaveyG

02 Jan 2022

I'm old and boring and sensible. So I say don't subscribe to anything and put aside that 9 squids per month until you can buy something outright. If you can bear it then wait until the next sale and get more for your money. Yeah. Old boring and sensible ftw.

Benedict
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2022

Assuming it is there for $9, I think the best RE EQ is probably Selig Color EQ. Seems it would be the most versatile and useful overall. I use Qrange, kHs Slice, TDR Nova mostly for surgical and the SSL (F2) for mix tone. Any one of them will do dandy and then add Scream4 or Softube Saturation Knob. It is not multi-band like Color EQ which has its own tricks and if you want it pre-packaged would do stellar service.

Disperser I never found a use for (even now I have it in the whole kHs thing). Some like it, I just don't get it. To me, it seems like a weird thing so I would say take care with committing to odd processes when you can work the same outcome (whatever that is) with core processors.

Choppity I just don't do. I did review SugarBytes Effectrix and it was pretty clever in its own way but that is not $9

There is no such thing as a vocal plugin. People market them that way but a compressor or eq are just that. My indispensables for vocals are the free AdHd Leveling Tool VST, EQ (see above), and Delay lines. The Echo will cover the latter. Put more time into making some special sounding Delay/Reverb Combis using The Echo several times, Scream4, EQ etc and they will serve you better than many paid things.

There is mention of Echobode and I second that as it is a many trick pony, past the obvious spirally freaky echo thing. Great for moving sample drums.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

crimsonwarlock

03 Jan 2022

Benedict wrote:
02 Jan 2022
There is no such thing as a vocal plugin. People market them that way but a compressor or eq are just that.
Level riding on a vocal is definitely not the same as compression.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Benedict
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Jan 2022
I never said such a thing. MisQuoting me to read that into something I DID NOT SAY is not ok.
Say what you want about the subject but dragging me into your thing like I started it or was wrong is not ok.

I will ask you (or a Mod) to remove that quote as it is not appropriate and I find it offensive to be misused in such a way.

:-(
Benedict Roff-Marsh

crimsonwarlock

03 Jan 2022

Benedict wrote:
03 Jan 2022
I never said such a thing. MisQuoting me to read that into something I DID NOT SAY is not ok.
How did I misquote you, as I quoted your text verbatim? You tend to state things as undeniable truths, while they are 'just' your opinion. In 'my opinion' your opinion is wrong.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

guitfnky

03 Jan 2022

no such thing as a vocal plugin?

Vocalign
Melodyne
R Vox
every de-esser ever made

yeah, you can still use them all for other things, but it's like saying an amp sim isn't for guitars just because you can run a synth through it or whatever.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

motuscott

03 Jan 2022

To quote Mick "You don't get lips like that from eating cheeseburgers" Jaguar,
Why are we fighting, brothers and sisters?

Everyone so touchy!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

03 Jan 2022

I run my Shure SM7 through a very expensive Neve clone (was making good money at the time) straight into a electrical socket, then I use Selig's colouring (British version) EQ to scrape off the rough edges.

guitfnky

03 Jan 2022

motuscott wrote:
03 Jan 2022
To quote Mick "You don't get lips like that from eating cheeseburgers" Jaguar,
Why are we fighting, brothers and sisters?

Everyone so touchy!
put up your dukes!

crimsonwarlock

03 Jan 2022

guitfnky wrote:
03 Jan 2022
yeah, you can still use them all for other things, but it's like saying an amp sim isn't for guitars just because you can run a synth through it or whatever.
Funny thing is that historically, compressors were developed for voice broadcast, so they are actually vocal processors that are now used for 'other' things as well :lol:
-------

motuscott

03 Jan 2022

guitfnky wrote:
03 Jan 2022
put up your dukes!
Bring it!
Compulsive poster

guitfnky

03 Jan 2022

motuscott wrote:
03 Jan 2022
guitfnky wrote:
03 Jan 2022
put up your dukes!
Bring it!
Compulsive poster
I thought you called me a compulsive poser for a sec. we were about to have words.

motuscott

03 Jan 2022

guitfnky wrote:
03 Jan 2022
motuscott wrote:
03 Jan 2022

Bring it!
Compulsive poster
I thought you called me a compulsive poser for a sec. we were about to have words.
Words, I gotta buttload of 'em
en garde

jkg of course, appreciate you and all relatively sane ReasonTalkers

motuscott

03 Jan 2022

With regard to playing an instrument,
It takes time
It’s about coordinating physicality with mentality.
Think all we artisans hear the notes in our head, it’s about training the physical body to respond.
Not the easiest or smartest way to go.
Prolly hopelessly out of touch
Perfectly willing to be banned from your ReasonTalk hotline

motuscott

03 Jan 2022

Quantize this

crimsonwarlock

03 Jan 2022

motuscott wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Qu-an-ti-ze th-is
01-02-03-04 01-02
There you go.
-------

Rising Night Wave

03 Jan 2022

eh boyz and girlz. don't fight.
life is short enough. hehe.

i will check all your REs and VST you mentioned.
at the moment i am a bit too tired. too much of coffee i drink. so i need a lot to sleep.
i just woke up an hour ago.

i will check them.

thank you so far for your interest in helping me and naming those REs and VSTs.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Rising Night Wave

03 Jan 2022

VSTs :o

we ar etalking about REs

stoopid me :lol:

sorry

Rising Night Wave

03 Jan 2022

sorry guys and girls i still haven't checked all REs you mentioned. at the moment i have no time. i will later.

few moment ago it just poped to my mind (and i said to myself: what a wonderful world :lol: ): i have plenty of old loops to make songs out of them. but theese loops are quite old. so...

... what REs do you recommend for enhancing old sounds (old Reason synths with old patches)?

so, to enhance old styled sounds made with older Reason RE synths what REs to use for? goal is to get more modern and interesting sounds.
i just calculated (sorry, it is that much pathetic; my pardon) things about my future budget: perhaps i could afford myself 19€/month plan. - in that case then there is plenty of money room for REs.

rent to own is too much for me. to save money to buy all these REs... it i spointless because it could take realy long.
so subscription plan is at the moment best choice for me. at first i thought 9€ would do the thing. but maybe i could really afford 19€ per month. so...

.. up with your suggestions. i am really thankfull for all your suggestions so far. i will chek these REs a bit later. if not today then tomorrow.

EnochLight

03 Jan 2022

Benedict wrote:
03 Jan 2022
guitfnky wrote:
03 Jan 2022
OK, did some thread housekeeping. People, please keep this thread on topic and stop the bickering. I have no issue handing time outs to both of you, as it's late, I'm grumpy, and my vacation just ended. Are we cool?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2022

I'm taking myself out as honestly yet again RT policy seems to be to excuse the person who started and continued the problem deliberately. Also only an equal rap over the knuckles for the person who took to personal abuse/hounding/trolling/bullying as well as the victim of the whole effed-up situation - whis I still left to sit despite several requests for removal.

I should have known better of this toxic place and the lazy, dishonorable moderation that encourages this very situation over and over.

I will not darken your lives again.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2022

Benedict wrote:
04 Jan 2022
I'm taking myself out as honestly yet again RT policy seems to be to excuse the person who started and continued the problem deliberately. Also only an equal rap over the knuckles for the person who took to personal abuse/hounding/trolling/bullying as well as the victim of the whole effed-up situation - whis I still left to sit despite several requests for removal.

I should have known better of this toxic place and the lazy, dishonorable moderation that encourages this very situation over and over.

I will not darken your lives again.

I may be right and I may be wrong but have you considered the possibility that you may be interpreting what people say as a personal attack. I mean this situation has occurred on a lot of occasions. What I mean is there’s a lot of people you’ve been offended or annoyed by over the time you’ve been here. Can they all have a problem? Just wondering how you’re thinking.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information