R+ sale again already?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Popey
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2021

It looks to me as if they are desperately trying to up the number of reason+ users and using the method of big sales (50 %) to get people to join up. It seems the same logic as when you could get r12 for £129 still with a limited time window impacting on choice.

Pricing r+ cheaper than a perpetual licence may also mean people sign up to subscribe over paying double so would anticipate these sales will be often until reason decide they have enough subscribers.

R+ can be good for certain people, just not for me and only negative impact personally has been the amount of r+ spam emails. Thankfully I can find out info here so just unscribed like I have other email spammers (looking at you waves, P.A)

guitfnky

28 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
28 Dec 2021
It looks to me as if they are desperately trying to up the number of reason+ users and using the method of big sales (50 %) to get people to join up. It seems the same logic as when you could get r12 for £129 still with a limited time window impacting on choice.

Pricing r+ cheaper than a perpetual licence may also mean people sign up to subscribe over paying double so would anticipate these sales will be often until reason decide they have enough subscribers.

R+ can be good for certain people, just not for me and only negative impact personally has been the amount of r+ spam emails. Thankfully I can find out info here so just unscribed like I have other email spammers (looking at you waves, P.A)
yeah, they’ve gotten super manipulative with how they’re trying to sell stuff this year. kinda gross how they’ve been doing things, honestly.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Billy+

28 Dec 2021

Definitely is "gross"

I can understand pushing it and marketing it but the total abandonment of us long standing customers is insulting especially as many of us have been the sole source of income for 20 years.

Shame on them.

Aosta

28 Dec 2021

I can only see R+ going the way of Balance, Allihoopa and Reason IOS.
Tend the flame

DaveyG

28 Dec 2021

Aosta wrote:
28 Dec 2021
Nah, R+ will be here for as long as Reason Studios exists.

(^^^^^ Interpret that statement however you like haha.)

ArcoZ

28 Dec 2021

For people fluent in marketing it was obvious that since a couple of years they were copying Apple marketing strategies. No doubt about it. Whoever denies it is an idiot.
But it is a major difference in Apple's and RS's position in the market.
Now RS is swallowing their pride, because they didn't have the clear development stategy 3-4 years ahead.
So you have these nonsense moves like promoting R+ and cutting legit and faithful users.
It will end up as a cubase plugin, maybe S1 plugin etc.
These people don't see anything but the money. New CEO is a joke.

scotward57

29 Dec 2021

DaveyG wrote:
28 Dec 2021
Aosta wrote:
28 Dec 2021
Nah, R+ will be here for as long as Reason Studios exists.

(^^^^^ Interpret that statement however you like haha.)
Lots of people in the music universe rooting for Reason Studios even if they have moved on. What I've noticed though is music software burnout. Consumers are increasingly getting bombarded with sale offers from dozens if not hundreds of music software companies. Just too many apps, DAWs and sound content to keep up with.

The big trend will be massive corporate style mergers and buyouts. Reason Studios is making one last desperate attempt to survive on its own terms, but I don't see them making it. If they already sold the company to some venture capitalists, then the writing is on the wall. I'm hoping they strike a buyout deal with Ableton or Apple before it's too late.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

29 Dec 2021

I don't think R+ is doing as well as they'd hoped for money wise, hence why we're seeing these sales so often. As of R12 and all the REs I've already bought I think I have everything I need to make good music. I should probably force myself to make at least 12 albums before moving on to the next version with all the content they've included.

Shoukz

29 Dec 2021

Netflix subcription business model works for Netflix, the error is to believe you can transpose this model to everything.

Aosta

29 Dec 2021

And another spam mail today entitled 'Time's running out to save with Season of Reason'
Really???? You don't say??? I never would have known as I totally missed the one RS sent 2 days ago..or the one before that, or the one before.....

:roll: :thumbdown: :x
Tend the flame

Billy+

29 Dec 2021

Aosta wrote:
29 Dec 2021
And another spam mail today entitled 'Time's running out to save with Season of Reason'
Really???? You don't say??? I never would have known as I totally missed the one RS sent 2 days ago..or the one before that, or the one before.....

:roll: :thumbdown: :x

Strange?

I just checked the shop and there's nothing to buy with any savings for us long standing fully paid up license holders who have purchased upgrades and rack extensions for many many years.....

Aosta

31 Dec 2021

And yet another spam email today :roll:
'LAST CHANCE to get Season of Reason deals'

The RS marketing department are super aggressive to say the least!!
Tend the flame

scotward57

31 Dec 2021

Some of you make a good point. Offering a subscription model makes sense for companies that are already dominating their market, offering an opportunity for new customers to get in at a lower price point. But with the consensus/mood being that Reason Studios has fallen behind their competitors, making such a move does smack of desperation, which will ultimately drive away more customers. Which is really too bad, because the $99 special is really a fair deal.

Like I said before, they better drop their regular price to $99 or they will be forced into a corporate buyout. Guaranteed!

Goriila Texas

31 Dec 2021

Yes you do all the bullsheit you have to go thru using Reason. I just checked and they still haven't fixed Kong resetting after every sample drag n drop :lol: you are forced to use load in the browser which is still broken for me running 3200mhz ram.

integerpoet wrote:
22 Dec 2021
Goriila Texas wrote:
22 Dec 2021
I tip my hat to you guys who workaround not having a mono button on the SSL.
It's a valid complaint but I don't feel like I deserve that much respect. :-)

I use an RE with a dedicated button but I'm given to understand the inbuilt imager rack device can be configured to do this.

EnochLight

31 Dec 2021

scotward57 wrote:
31 Dec 2021
Like I said before, they better drop their regular price to $99 or they will be forced into a corporate buyout. Guaranteed!
:lol:

They're literally majority owned by a growth equity investment firm - the whole point **is** to sell them eventually. :lol: Not sure if you're aware of this. Also, they're not going to drop their regular price to $99 - ever. If they did, you'd very likely never see it go on sale. It's always better to keep the regular sub cost as high as the market will absorb, just so you can have those "end of year blowout sales" to pad the bottom line.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

integerpoet

31 Dec 2021

Goriila Texas wrote:
31 Dec 2021
Yes you do all the bullsheit you have to go thru using Reason. I just checked and they still haven't fixed Kong resetting after every sample drag n drop :lol: you are forced to use load in the browser which is still broken for me running 3200mhz ram.
integerpoet wrote:
22 Dec 2021
It's a valid complaint but I don't feel like I deserve that much respect. :-)
I use an RE with a dedicated button but I'm given to understand the inbuilt imager rack device can be configured to do this.
What a fight you won so handily! I am vanquished and never to be seen again.

Goriila Texas

31 Dec 2021

I salute you Reason users making hits on that trash😂
integerpoet wrote:
31 Dec 2021
Goriila Texas wrote:
31 Dec 2021
What a fight you won so handily! I am vanquished and never to be seen again.

Carrick

11 Jan 2022

On Sweetwater it's on sale again if you crossgrade from another DAW.

• Information