Mimic play Slices

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
FGL

30 Dec 2021

A combinator for Mimic, it uses 8 instances of Mimic to make 8 slots playable at the same time. You can either use matrix patterns or play with a keyboard. If you set the pattern knob to zero you can play freely, the buttons activate the different instances of Mimic so you can also play overlays.

Thanks to the excellent, freely available CV-Re from LeNoteView, no additional purchases are necessary.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0z8qlbonssvc ... e.zip?dl=0

FGL

03 Jan 2022

I made a short Session Video for this:

Tinnitus

11 Jan 2022

I maybe the only one to take a look but just wanted to say thanks as this is appears to be a really interesting implementation albeit heavily weighted to the C key.

I just wish there read something natively that allowed keys to be assigned to different synths based upon sequence. The 3rd party RE fills this hole (I forget it's name) but it should be bundled in with reason stock devices specially if they are looking to enhance combinators.

FGL

11 Jan 2022

It's good that you showed up here. I then took a closer look at the device. I think the idea of making the samples tunable is good and I built that in. Then I noticed that the function of playing with the keyboard does not work properly, although you can switch to the keyboard, but not without the keyboard starting to trigger all slots at the same time.

I haven't found a way to make it work in one device either. So I turned the one device into two. One that plays with the matrix and one that lets you work with the keyboard or an upstream player. In the end, the second version is probably much more flexible and makes more sense.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zimjnhb5pitcf ... 2.zip?dl=0

• Information