Resonans in Rewards store

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
madwurmz

25 Dec 2021

Hi!

I have 117 reward point and something puts me in the mood today to celebrate and give myself a gift :P
but I will not get the bass player , and i already got most of the interesting racks.

Some Softube stuff is too expensive and why is PunchBDRE missing from the rob papen rewards?

So what's left to pick from is one if these:

resonans 130 euro
algoritm 109
the legend 100

Resonans used to be on sale for around 60 but not anymore recently, so now my rewards points make it only 13 euro, really attractive.

can anybody say if Resonans is still relevant with it being 'the first of its kind' physical modelling synthesizer from 2017?
it looks much more accessible than algoritm, although i guess not comparible in sound.

my favorite instrument is probably Friktion , this Resonans looks to fit that type?

.. yeah i probably should just try them first, right? :)
madwurmz from planet verbs

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2021

mad@madwurmz.com wrote:
25 Dec 2021
Hi!

I have 117 reward point and something puts me in the mood today to celebrate and give myself a gift :P
but I will not get the bass player , and i already got most of the interesting racks.

Some Softube stuff is too expensive and why is PunchBDRE missing from the rob papen rewards?

So what's left to pick from is one if these:

resonans 130 euro
algoritm 109
the legend 100

Resonans used to be on sale for around 60 but not anymore recently, so now my rewards points make it only 13 euro, really attractive.

can anybody say if Resonans is still relevant with it being 'the first of its kind' physical modelling synthesizer from 2017?
it looks much more accessible than algoritm, although i guess not comparible in sound.

my favorite instrument is probably Friktion , this Resonans looks to fit that type?

.. yeah i probably should just try them first, right? :)
You can only use the 100 and 125 vouchers towards RS REs. If you want Resonans or Legend you’ll only be able to use a 75 voucher. Just a heads up.
Also, for the 117 Points you’ve got the maximum voucher you’ll be able to get is a 100. The remaining 17 points will stay on your account until you’ve accumulated enough to get a new voucher.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

huggermugger

25 Dec 2021

Yes, Resonans and Friktion are similar, both based on physical modelling. But Friktion is very specific to stringed instruments, with an emphasis on bowed instruments. Resonans is more suited to plucked and percussive sounds.

And as Mr Figg said, you can't use a voucher greater than 75 on Resonans, because it's not a Reason Studios product.

madwurmz

25 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
oh thanks! i see their small print now hmm they are very calculative with their offerings! that makes resonans 54 euro, that is not so attractive anymore...
i'm maybe need to wait till dogecoin pump :O
huggermugger wrote:
ah thanks! i will probably try it and evaluate!
madwurmz from planet verbs

LongFist

30 Dec 2021

As for whether or not it's still relevant - it turns out that it is! I purchased it not long ago and discovered - much to my joy and amazement - that it will take external inputs for the "exciter". So I could "pump" their synth with an acoustic guitar, or a sawtooth buzz, or just about anything, and get some fantastic results! Sure, by itself it can do wonders, but my biggest question was "will it still play well with others". Turns out that it does.

Yeah, it's pricey, but I luckily caught it while it was on sale, and that's how I managed to get the Wife to allow me to purchase it. She knew that I wanted it, but it was never within the "toys" budget. Until then. Now that we've played with it like we have, I think I might could have gotten her to sign off on purchasing at full price! (Fun times!)
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

deigm

14 Jan 2022

LongFist wrote:
30 Dec 2021
As for whether or not it's still relevant - it turns out that it is! I purchased it not long ago and discovered - much to my joy and amazement - that it will take external inputs for the "exciter". So I could "pump" their synth with an acoustic guitar, or a sawtooth buzz, or just about anything, and get some fantastic results! Sure, by itself it can do wonders, but my biggest question was "will it still play well with others". Turns out that it does.

Yeah, it's pricey, but I luckily caught it while it was on sale, and that's how I managed to get the Wife to allow me to purchase it. She knew that I wanted it, but it was never within the "toys" budget. Until then. Now that we've played with it like we have, I think I might could have gotten her to sign off on purchasing at full price! (Fun times!)
Very interesting. High time I read the manual for this device.

• Information