Arturia Tape Mello-Fi - New Combinator for Free Plugin

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
DaleBrownMusic

23 Dec 2021

Hey Again!

Feeling inspired by the last one, I felt like doing another Combi patch. This time it's for the new free Tape Mello-Fi plugin from Arturia. Got everything boiled down into a nice 2U space. I don't know whether or not it's bad form to include a link to other plugins/ companies, etc. but if you search for Arturia Tape Mello-Fi, it should be straightforward enough.

Hope everyone is keeping well and feeling festive! Enjoy!

Dale

Mod edit: Arturia Tape Mello-Fi VST plugin is free until Dec 31, 2021. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7526144
Arturia Tape MELLO-FI.zip
(146.51 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Mod edit: added picture of the Combi
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (42.46 KiB) Viewed 880 times
OP Edit: Thanks Mods! I'll make sure to add pics of future Combis :)
Last edited by DaleBrownMusic on 24 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Benedict
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2021

Nothing wrong with showing the link for the VST, esp seeing it somewhat important o have it to make your Combi function.

I must say I prefer your GUI over theirs. In a few seconds of perusing your faceplate, I have a far better idea of what it does than the many times I have looked over the official thing. To be fair, my reaction has been, just that the world doesn't need, yet another me too drunk tape device.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

DaleBrownMusic

24 Dec 2021

Fair enough re: linking the VST. I just like to tread carefully in new waters; been lurking here a while, but only started posting recently.

Glad you're liking the GUI :D I figure that the question of "Does the world need another retro/ vinyl/ tape machine plugin?" will be a question for the ages, but I chose it because a) it gets the word out to folks who like free plugins (Me me me!), b) good practice for me making combinators, and c) I could knock it out in under an hour, graphics and all.

I'm gonna likely be making a bunch of these things, so if you have a plugin that you find more relevant to your workflow, feel free to leave a suggestion/ request. Cheers, and Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays/ etc etc!

StephenHutchinson

25 Dec 2021

DaleBrownMusic wrote:
23 Dec 2021
Hey Again!

Feeling inspired by the last one, I felt like doing another Combi patch. This time it's for the new free Tape Mello-Fi plugin from Arturia. Got everything boiled down into a nice 2U space. I don't know whether or not it's bad form to include a link to other plugins/ companies, etc. but if you search for Arturia Tape Mello-Fi, it should be straightforward enough.

Hope everyone is keeping well and feeling festive! Enjoy!

Dale

Mod edit: Arturia Tape Mello-Fi VST plugin is free until Dec 31, 2021. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7526144

Arturia Tape MELLO-FI.zip

Mod edit: added picture of the Combi
Capture.JPG

OP Edit: Thanks Mods! I'll make sure to add pics of future Combis :)
Thanks for sharing this, and I have to agree with Benedict... your interface is WAY easier to manipulate. Love the simple yet effective layout. Kudos!

Mimic + Mellow.jpg
Mimic + Mellow.jpg (573.48 KiB) Viewed 785 times
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

DaleBrownMusic

25 Dec 2021

Glad you like it! :)

• Information