Top tip for using RRP with Bitwig Studio 4

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
carlcaulkett

05 Oct 2021

I recently had some problems running RRP in Bitwig Studio 4. The login screen kept appearing and the plugin just hung after accepting the dialog. I switched the hosting mode for the RRP VST within Bitwig to "Individually hosted" meaning that the plugin was as isolated as possible from other VST. I haven't had a problem starting RRP in Bitwig since making this change.

Greg Savage

14 Oct 2021

carlcaulkett wrote:
05 Oct 2021
I recently had some problems running RRP in Bitwig Studio 4. The login screen kept appearing and the plugin just hung after accepting the dialog. I switched the hosting mode for the RRP VST within Bitwig to "Individually hosted" meaning that the plugin was as isolated as possible from other VST. I haven't had a problem starting RRP in Bitwig since making this change.
I'd make a video of the issue and send it to both companies.
Music Composer/Sound Designer
Music Licensing - Credits

thorinside

23 Dec 2021

I'm running into this, and 'Individually Hosted' doesn't work either. When I save a project in Bitwig, and then close Bitwig entirely, then load the project back up from scratch, I am always prompted for credentials, and that dialog never connects with Reason Studios server. Really frustrating. I've contacted both companies for support, and Bitwig got back to me really fast saying they don't have RRP to test against. I'll keep trying.

StephenHutchinson

23 Dec 2021

I gave this a go to see if I could replicate the issue. Bitwig and RRP(Reason 12.2.3d53 Stable) seem to be working fine together when I loaded. I saved and closed the project then re-opened. Everything worked fine.

What system are you running it on? Here are my specs:

i9-9900k Processor (unlocked)
ASUS Rog Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) MB
EVGA G3 1000w power supply
Corsair 32 GB Ram - 3200 mHz (2x16)
2 x 1TB WD Blue SSD HDs
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Latest Build
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

• Information