Word / Challenge of the month - "PLAYERS"- (december)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2021

Every month there will be a new word one can draw creative inspiration from. No competition. No prizes. Everything is for the simple joy of creating and sharing our music with others.

All tools are allowed. If you're asking yourself, can I do this, am I allowed to do that? The answer is yes, you can do whatever the hell you want. There are no rules or creative guidelines you need to follow here. It's just the "word of the month" and your own creativity/imagination. That's it. Be free.

This months word: PLAYERS

Popey
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2021

Cool. I am in

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
12 Dec 2021
Cool. I am in
Awesome :puf_smile:

Quarmat
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

I might as well. Have a couple idea going on these nights

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

Quarmat wrote:
13 Dec 2021
I might as well. Have a couple idea going on these nights
Yeah I love challenges like this as find creativity wise it's good to think of your angle so to speak and where the subject takes you. That and any excuse to make music and practice.

Started a track at the weekend and already got my inspiration about what players means to me. Just got to find time to scope out my idea but at least over Xmas I have a few days off to do so.

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

Ok looks like i am first :)

This track is inspired by players in 2 ways. One is that i used as many rs players as i could (beatmap, bassline generator, arps etc) and the other is player as in gamer with a nod to a game called geometry dash that my sons play. Picture art is of the arcades in felixstowe where i spent many summers playing arcade games when i was a wee lad.

Billy+

17 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
17 Dec 2021

This track is inspired by players in 2 ways. One is that i used as many rs players as i could (beatmap, bassline generator, arps etc) and the other is player as in gamer with a nod to a game called geometry dash that my sons play. Picture art is of the arcades in felixstowe where i spent many summers playing arcade games when i was a wee lad.

I like it :thumbs_up: where are you getting your vocals from?

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Popey wrote:
17 Dec 2021

I like it :thumbs_up: where are you getting your vocals from?
These ones were from splice :)

Bes
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2021

an Amen break wrangling combinator patch using reasons drum player and note repeat. i have also added enlightenspeeds MeloDramatik to use the note filters wraparound feature, its desirable but not necessary and if you don't have it you might want keep the slice spread (NoteRepeat Pitch) to +1 to avoid unwanted transpositions.

the default state of the combi uses the DrRex's random LFO to drive modulations in a rather unweildy manner and when you wish to try to wrangle the break yourself just uncouple the cv cables first
Attachments
Breaking Badly.zip
(397 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
- Certified Reason expert

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
17 Dec 2021

Nice :thumbs_up: Good to see you take on the challenge.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2021

Just a short test tune to try out the new Bassline Generator. Didn't have time to make a full tune this time.

Bassline Generator is responsible for the synth lead and all the bass lines. Used Beatmap for drums.

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Dec 2021
Popey wrote:
17 Dec 2021

Nice :thumbs_up: Good to see you take on the challenge.
Thanks for setting it up. Things like this are great for inspiration and a bit of fun.

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Dec 2021
Just a short test tune to try out the new Bassline Generator. Didn't have time to make a full tune this time.

Bassline Generator is responsible for the synth lead and all the bass lines. Used Beatmap for drums.

That's cool and wanted to hear more. You should totally consider making this into a full track if you find the time.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
22 Dec 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Dec 2021

That's cool and wanted to hear more. You should totally consider making this into a full track if you find the time.
Thanks. I haven’t decided yet, but I suspect I’ll leave this one as it is as an experiment.
One thing I discovered doing this track is even though I enjoy working with players, using them exclusively makes me feel like there isn’t any personality behind the music left.
Normally I just use them as initial idea starters, then I typically alter what they give me to make it my own. With this track I decided to leave things as they were, just to try that out.

• Information