how about a trance lead generator?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Billy+

17 Dec 2021

mjxl wrote:
16 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Dec 2021
i wasn't able to use the cmb with the extra fx as i decided not to buy them this year (i was going to, but decided to wait for a bit) but thanks for the midi.
LOL i didn't realise i put those in there haha. They aren't even related to this :D

Also, what was "wrong" with the velocity? The midi file has velocity information, which opens the filter X amount, that's how it works in the original song :P
The sound is supposed to be dimmed in a lot of parts, and it fully opens up at the highlight of the track!

At the peak it's on 127 velocity, so keep that in mind! :0
There's absolutely nothing wrong with your patch or the method and I totally see what it was supposed to be and it works perfectly

However I think I like my saws louder and more in your face and it's nothing but a personal preference a differents over control

mjxl

17 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Dec 2021
However I think I like my saws louder and more in your face and it's nothing but a personal preference a differents over control
K :thumbup: well glad you liked it, checked out the other patches here too :thumbup:

What we learnt today:
  • use big (open) chords
  • use big amount of (unison) voices
  • filters opened up makes HUGE soundnoises
  • (relatively) low amount of modulation
Any other stuffs? :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

17 Dec 2021

So perhaps UJAM's USynth might be exactly the thing the OP and others are looking for?

It's a bundle of 3 synths and looking at the image, there's randomization not only for the synth, but the sequencer as well. Could maybe generate some trance leads for you?

There's another topic about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7526068

Billy+

17 Dec 2021

mjxl wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Dec 2021
K :thumbup: well glad you liked it, checked out the other patches here too :thumbup:

What we learnt today:
  • use big (open) chords
  • use big amount of (unison) voices
  • filters opened up makes HUGE soundnoises
  • (relatively) low amount of modulation
Any other stuffs? :thumbs_up:
  • odd unison voices.
  • play with the detune for the chords don't just leave it as is (find the sweat spot).
  • if you want it big stack your notes from bottom to top you've got 16 voice polyphony use them. :lol:
  • Antidote is way better than Europa.

BRIGGS

17 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Antidote is way better than Europa.
Grain with Virus Hypersaw samples beats anything I've heard, for the next level vibe..

And, good old Largo with all 4 layers on (20 oscillators + unison x 4) , is just way too Huge!!!! I end up only using 2 layers because 4 is too big. : P

I'm, seriously, in super saw heaven. : )
r11s

Billy+

17 Dec 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Antidote is way better than Europa.
Grain with Virus Hypersaw samples beats anything I've heard, for the next level vibe..

And, good old Largo with all 4 layers on (20 oscillators + unison x 4) , is just way too Huge!!!! I end up only using 2 layers because 4 is too big. : P

I've seriously been thinking about getting into hardware for the last year or so and very much would like to get my hands on a virus.

BRIGGS

17 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
17 Dec 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
17 Dec 2021

I've seriously been thinking about getting into hardware for the last year or so and very much would like to get my hands on a virus.
That, or a blofeld, for me. :thumbs_up:
r11s

nickb523
RE Developer

18 Dec 2021

You guys had me buggering about with Antidote yesterday so I thought I'd share the patch. It's been a long time since I've dabbled in anything trance so it was a fun to mess with some uplifting cheesemonger melodies. You can also steer the patch in the direction of UK Hardcore by changing the DYAD parameter to +12 on osc 1 and +24 on osc 2 for super-ultra-cheddar mode. Great fun.

Trancyman Alpha.zip
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Billy+

18 Dec 2021

nickb523 wrote:
18 Dec 2021
You guys had me buggering about with Antidote yesterday so I thought I'd share the patch. It's been a long time since I've dabbled in anything trance so it was a fun to mess with some uplifting cheesemonger melodies. You can also steer the patch in the direction of UK Hardcore by changing the DYAD parameter to +12 on osc 1 and +24 on osc 2 for super-ultra-cheddar mode. Great fun.

Trancyman Alpha.zip
It's good to hear that we inspired you rather than the other way around for a change. ;)

Can we open the patches in R11?

BRIGGS

18 Dec 2021

nickb523 wrote:
18 Dec 2021

Trancyman Alpha.zip
Trancycat says cheese is yummy. :puf_smile:

r11s

moneykube

18 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
18 Dec 2021
nickb523 wrote:
18 Dec 2021

Trancyman Alpha.zip
It's good to hear that we inspired you rather than the other way around for a change. ;)

Can we open the patches in R11?
yes... it is an Antidote patch and not an r12 combinator
thanks Nick
BRIGGS wrote:
18 Dec 2021
Trancycat says cheese is yummy. :puf_smile:
trancy cat :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Popey
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Dec 2021
Popey wrote:
14 Dec 2021

Cheers Billy I will try these out. Might try making a supersaw with viper as well as I am thinking it will be good for these too.
so i actually did another one that isn't just a massive load of noise, its based on the first one but with a bit more care and control.

i would suggest scrapping the first one for this cmb patch (its a cmbV1 patch) still using antidote.....
i would be interested in what you think, it could probably do with some work as im using a laptop and a stupid little plugin stereo speaker rather than actual monitor..
BBTranceSaw.zip
This is very good billy and using the midi provided in this thread it sounded very close. Must admit i tweaked it slightly and reduced the delay time slightly on all 3 reverbs and opened the attack up on the compressor a tiny bit and let it breathe. cool patch

Billy+

01 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
19 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Dec 2021

so i actually did another one that isn't just a massive load of noise, its based on the first one but with a bit more care and control.

i would suggest scrapping the first one for this cmb patch (its a cmbV1 patch) still using antidote.....
i would be interested in what you think, it could probably do with some work as im using a laptop and a stupid little plugin stereo speaker rather than actual monitor..
BBTranceSaw.zip
This is very good billy and using the midi provided in this thread it sounded very close. Must admit i tweaked it slightly and reduced the delay time slightly on all 3 reverbs and opened the attack up on the compressor a tiny bit and let it breathe. cool patch
I didn't think I was using the send fx only the device reverb ?

I'm on a windows laptop for the moment and haven't changed the default project file so they are always loaded.

littlejam

01 Jan 2022

hello,

@Briggs:

nice james bond reference (blofeld)
unless i'm wrong
christoph waltz is such a great actor

i think loki hiddleston would make a good 00 agent
but i do think james bond should stay dead
sort of like jeremy renner did a bourne movie but wasn't jason
(with or without the mask)

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

BRIGGS

01 Jan 2022

littlejam wrote:
01 Jan 2022
hello,

@Briggs:

nice james bond reference (blofeld)
unless i'm wrong
christoph waltz is such a great actor

i think loki hiddleston would make a good 00 agent
but i do think james bond should stay dead
sort of like jeremy renner did a bourne movie but wasn't jason
(with or without the mask)

cheers,

j
On second thought, after researching a bit, the blofeld has long-term quality issues like the encoders, etc.

I may stick with Roland, if that's the case.

I've been looking at the system-1.

some gooey cheese for trancycat here:

Or the Gaia:

r11s

mimidancer

02 Jan 2022

Trance leads are obscenely simple. They are repeating lines that generally pedal over a chord progression. So as the chord changes the line remains the same. All that is left to do is figure out the mode that fits your mood for the track. SO if you want a magical uplifting sound doodle on the Lydian chord and accent the sharp 4 to the 5th. IF you want dark but not too dark keep your line on the Dorian chord paying with the flat 3 and 7 . You can mix modes too but for trance, repetition is a must. Remember to vary endings to keep it interesting and morph the sound over time.

• Information