ujam - Usynth coming soon...

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2021

Something new coming from ujam.

Say hello to a new universe of creative expression! Usynth. Sounds like U.
Pre-order available at https://www.ujam.com/ and dealers worldwide from December 16th, 2021.

jam-s

15 Dec 2021

Despondo wrote:
15 Dec 2021
Something new coming from uJam.

Say hello to a new universe of creative expression! Usynth. Sounds like U.
Hmmm, I wonder where I've heard that claim before.... ;)

rootwheel

16 Dec 2021

jam-s wrote:
15 Dec 2021
Hmmm, I wonder where I've heard that claim before.... ;)
If you use Usynth inside Reason+ you can sound like you whilst the synth sounds like you.

Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2021

Updated video:

fieldframe
RE Developer

16 Dec 2021

"The synthesizer... this staple of modern music production remains a kind of mystery... hard to understand, and even harder to operate."

I'll be honest, I was surprised to see that this has more than one knob. I guess you need at least two to be able to simultaneously control the amount of trap and the amount of EDM in a patch.

joeyluck

16 Dec 2021

More info:
https://www.ujam.com/usynth/
Sounds like U

Synthesizers done the UJAM way – sound design and perform with ease.
Say hello to a new universe of creative expression!

Get the limited pre-order bundle, including…
  • 3 synths: EUPHORIA (Modern EDM), CARAMEL (Lush pads), and 2080 (Synthwave)
  • Early access on January 21st, 2022
  • Exclusive webinar with synth legend Peter Gorges
Quality

Under the hood, Usynth is a very complex synthesizer. Each instance consists of 2 individual layers per voice, with Virtual Analog, Wavetable, FM and Multisample Synthesis, Multi-mode Filter, 5-stage envelopes, LFOs, 12-way modulation matrix and much much more. But why would you care!

Simplicity

Usynth doesn’t require you to know how a synthesizer works in order to find and create inspiring new sounds. Intuitively tweak to your heart’s content. Think Instagram filters, or think steering wheel and two pedals – that’s how you operate Usynth.

joeyluck

17 Dec 2021

Looking at the image for 2080, this looks very cool. I'm happy to see the randomize buttons, not only for the synth and effects, but for the sequencer as well :thumbup:

challism

17 Dec 2021

I wonder why that went with that "Sound like U" phrase. That's really odd. I guess RS never trademarked it. I have to say that first video is really quite terrible; no pictures of the product, just a happy acid face and shots of people having way too much "fun". I guess it's a teaser, but in these fast-paced, modern times I think teasers without product placement are a missed opportunity. Marketers have a very narrow window of time to capture and keep our attention, seems like using an image of the product would give viewers a longer-lasting impression.

I guess what I'm saying is, I give the marketing team an F.

But I'm not trying to crap all over UJam; this will probably be a nice synth. I picked up their Virtual Bassist Mellow during the BF sale and I am loving it! I think it sounds great. I love the upright bass, so it's nice to have something more convincing than Friktikon... and for $25... yeah.. no brainer, there.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

joeyluck

17 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
17 Dec 2021
I wonder why that went with that "Sound like U" phrase. That's really odd. I guess RS never trademarked it. I have to say that first video is really quite terrible; no pictures of the product, just a happy acid face and shots of people having way too much "fun". I guess it's a teaser, but in these fast-paced, modern times I think teasers without product placement are a missed opportunity. Marketers have a very narrow window of time to capture and keep our attention, seems like using an image of the product would give viewers a longer-lasting impression.

But I'm not trying to crap all over UJam; this will probably be a nice synth. I picked up their Virtual Bassist Mellow during the BF sale and I am loving it! I think it sounds great. I love the upright bass, so it's nice to have something more convincing than Friktikon... and for $25... yeah.. no brainer, there.
I'm excited for it and hyped from the teasers! :D And it's three synths and it's a preorder offer and will be released on January 20th.

It's only been a couple days and we have three teasers and an announcement video. Bassline Generator had a teaser image of the right corner of the device I think? Lol

"U" has always been in their name. UJAM = you jam. So "sounds like u" is definitely more in line with UJAM, I would say. And I think the randomize feature will have more of a focus on getting a "sound like u", rather than sound packs that take manual tweaking to make them "sound like you". It's also a big music software world out there and only those of us using both Reason and UJAM products really notice. Such as Klang being an instrument in Reason, but also like a few other music software apps and plugins called Klang...

challism

17 Dec 2021

joeyluck wrote:
17 Dec 2021
challism wrote:
17 Dec 2021

I'm excited for it and hyped from the teasers! :D And it's three synths and it's a preorder offer and will be released on January 20th.

It's only been a couple days and we have three teasers and an announcement video. Bassline Generator had a teaser image of the right corner of the device I think? Lol

"U" has always been in their name. UJAM = you jam. So "sounds like u" is definitely more in line with UJAM, I would say. And I think the randomize feature will have more of a focus on getting a "sound like u", rather than sound packs that take manual tweaking to make them "sound like you". It's also a big music software world out there and only those of us using both Reason and UJAM products really notice. Such as Klang being an instrument in Reason, but also like a few other music software apps and plugins called Klang...

I know they had you at the Acid smiley face, Joey. :)

I agree that "sound like U" tagline is better suited for UJam than it is for RS.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Pepin

17 Dec 2021

I'm glad the sounds like us.

DaveyG

17 Dec 2021

challism wrote:
17 Dec 2021
I agree that "sound like U" tagline is better suited for UJam than it is for RS.
I ALWAYS sound like me.
It's not necessarily a good thing. :shock:

Despondo
Competition Winner

20 Jan 2022

From an email I got from uJam regarding these plugins:

I'm not going to post the code here, but if you pre-ordered it, they are giving you the Voodoo Finisher for free because of the delay. Check your email.

Billy+

20 Jan 2022

Wasn't there talk about the finisher devices coming to the RE format?

joeyluck

20 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
20 Jan 2022
There was a discussion thread here gauging interest, but not many comments made and some of those that did comment were asking for other things...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7516985

I think ultimately with their flow at the moment, it's easier for them to focus on other formats. Maybe they'll revisit the RE format someday...

Billy+

20 Jan 2022

joeyluck wrote:
20 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
20 Jan 2022
There was a discussion thread here gauging interest, but not many comments made and some of those that did comment were asking for other things...

I think ultimately with their flow at the moment, it's easier for them to focus on other formats. Maybe they'll revisit the RE format someday...
I may have been guilty of asking for "other things" although related to the finishers, they appear to be interesting effects tools but sealed and I would definitely prefer to be able to mix and match my own presets....

joeyluck

20 Jan 2022

Billy+ wrote:
20 Jan 2022
joeyluck wrote:
20 Jan 2022

I may have been guilty of asking for "other things" although related to the finishers, they appear to be interesting effects tools but sealed and I would definitely prefer to be able to mix and match my own presets....
I really like them. I have enough of my own effects to mix and match and create combinations, so sometimes it's nice to have designed multi-effects. Similar in ways to Audiomatic.

One of my favorite plugins is Endless Smile. And it still contains the best barber pole effects I have heard in any plugin. I keep trying to convince ujam to make a riser finisher.

Billy+

20 Jan 2022

joeyluck wrote:
20 Jan 2022
Billy+ wrote:
20 Jan 2022

I really like them. I have enough of my own effects to mix and match and create combinations, so sometimes it's nice to have designed multi-effects. Similar in ways to Audiomatic.

One of my favorite plugins is Endless Smile. And it still contains the best barber pole effects I have heard in any plugin. I keep trying to convince ujam to make a riser finisher.
My brother convinced me to buy endless smiles and although I agree that the barber pole is good I usually put it on it's own channel and modulate the knob with an lfo just to make the little man dance while I work :lol:

It would be fun if CMBv2 was able to make one knobs with similar graphics abilities though ;)

• Information