how about a trance lead generator?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BRIGGS

13 Dec 2021

Like BLG, but with parallel lines. :puf_smile:
r11s

Benedict
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2021

Ummm, can't that just be done with Scales & Chords plus Aligater?

Perhaps I miss something seeing Trance seems so simple musically to me???

How would a Player exceed what is already there for trance nuts whilst still adding something for non-Trance average people (seeing BLG is total meh for me - I'd rather hacer my own notes thank ye tres muchly Herr Brigandier)

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

deeplink
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
13 Dec 2021
Leads (trance leads especially) are generally monophonic - or contain detuned oscillators to create chords etc. So personally, I don't see much use for a a multi lane BLG concept.

Using BLG with Arps, Note Echo and Euclidean has been really fun on lead-type sounds.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

BRIGGS

14 Dec 2021

deeplink wrote:
14 Dec 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
13 Dec 2021
Leads (trance leads especially) are generally monophonic - or contain detuned oscillators to create chords etc. So personally, I don't see much use for a a multi lane BLG concept.

Using BLG with Arps, Note Echo and Euclidean has been really fun on lead-type sounds.
Monophonic?

r11s

mjxl

14 Dec 2021

https://www.mjxl.net/rsnsounds/Superstring.wav
These are 4 note chords, with supersaw's (11 voices in antidote)

It's from (imo) one of the greatest trance tracks ever.
/woops: 4 notes, not 3.

Billy+

14 Dec 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
13 Dec 2021
we've had that for ages, all you need to do is pick a root key for S&C then change up the arp1 notes making sure to repeat the first 3 hits twice.
tranceleadgenerator.png
tranceleadgenerator.png (246.89 KiB) Viewed 7045 times

Billy+

14 Dec 2021

mjxl wrote:
14 Dec 2021

what patch is that ?

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021
mjxl wrote:
14 Dec 2021

what patch is that ?
Looks like init to me 🤣. Sorry Billy couldn't resist.

Billy+

14 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021

what patch is that ?
Actually I went and had a play with antidote and enabled 11 voice on the init patch which was close but I'm sure that a bit more was done.

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Popey wrote:
14 Dec 2021

Actually I went and had a play with antidote and enabled 11 voice on the init patch which was close but I'm sure that a bit more was done.
Actually my bad I thought you were asking about the dual arp image but just saw you posted that. Doh

In all seriousness If you know what trance track the poster refers too you can probably find the midi online perhaps.

Billy+

14 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021

Actually my bad I thought you were asking about the dual arp image but just saw you posted that. Doh

In all seriousness If you know what trance track the poster refers too you can probably find the midi online perhaps.
I'm not after the midi for the track, I was after more info about the antidote patch...

The player stack was me showing a very simple solution to those trance like arp based progressions that all seem to use root 5th and oct based chords rather than major or minor mode triads

Simple set Scales and Chords to 1 note open then enable oct up down and color which creates chords that are missing the moody 3rd ;)

joeyluck

14 Dec 2021

Predator or ReSpire?

Go through those arp/seq patches for some really great trance inspiration.

Maybe this is a player Rob Papen could create?

BumCuddle

14 Dec 2021

After just watching the livestream you can easily use the Bass Generator to create endless variations of patterns not just bass lines and with stacking and CVs create super complicated sequences.

Billy+

14 Dec 2021

BumCuddle wrote:
14 Dec 2021
After just watching the livestream you can easily use the Bass Generator to create endless variations of patterns not just bass lines and with stacking and CVs create super complicated sequences.
Yeah it was a very informative watch - I started a thread here :- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7526006

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Popey wrote:
14 Dec 2021

I'm not after the midi for the track, I was after more info about the antidote patch...

The player stack was me showing a very simple solution to those trance like arp based progressions that all seem to use root 5th and oct based chords rather than major or minor mode triads

Simple set Scales and Chords to 1 note open then enable oct up down and color which creates chords that are missing the moody 3rd ;)
Ah I see. Is there anything like it in the supersaw refill in the patches page. Might try and recreate something like this as do not really create supersaw patches. Sounds to me like there is some reverb on it as well.

Billy+

14 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021

Ah I see. Is there anything like it in the supersaw refill in the patches page. Might try and recreate something like this as do not really create supersaw patches. Sounds to me like there is some reverb on it as well.

deleted "it was nasty" check the next patch down!
Last edited by Billy+ on 16 Dec 2021, edited 2 times in total.

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Popey wrote:
14 Dec 2021

simple example europa and antidote
forPopey.zip

Oh watch the volume I didn't lower it lol.
Cheers Billy I will try these out. Might try making a supersaw with viper as well as I am thinking it will be good for these too.

Billy+

14 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021

forPopey.zip

Cheers Billy I will try these out. Might try making a supersaw with viper as well as I am thinking it will be good for these too.
Well it's the first time I've made supersaw in antidote even though it's fairly basic however I couldn't resist adding some pitch drift with lfo 2 and sub1 volume drift with lfo 1 not sure about viper as I don't have it.

I think the thing with these sounds is making the detune fit the chords sometimes it just needs a bit of a tweak for the chords you're using rather than a set amount.

The Europa patch is an old one I did for them arp plucks but both devices are using the scales and chords trick to spread simple chords that are missing the 3rd.

mjxl

15 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021
what patch is that ?
It's almost Init Patch yeah ;)

Here's the Antidote patch, and the full length MIDI for it (from Superstring Rank1 remix)

As you can see in the patch itself, I've mapped velocity to the filter cutoff, since you know, it does that in the song! :P
Attachments
patches.zip
(13.39 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Billy+

15 Dec 2021

mjxl wrote:
15 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021
what patch is that ?

Here's the Antidote patch, and the full length MIDI for it (from Superstring Rank1 remix)

As you can see in the patch itself, I've mapped velocity to the filter cutoff, since you know, it does that in the song! :P
Cheers, will have a play when I get the chance..

Billy+

16 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021

forPopey.zip

so i actually did another one that isn't just a massive load of noise, its based on the first one but with a bit more care and control.

i would suggest scrapping the first one for this cmb patch (its a cmbV1 patch) still using antidote.....
i would be interested in what you think, it could probably do with some work as im using a laptop and a stupid little plugin stereo speaker rather than actual monitor..
BBTranceSaw.zip
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

Billy+

16 Dec 2021

mjxl wrote:
15 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Dec 2021
what patch is that ?

i wasn't able to use the cmb with the extra fx as i decided not to buy them this year (i was going to, but decided to wait for a bit) but thanks for the midi.
i didnt like the velocity method so stuck with mine add added some tweaks to my initial patch plus pushed a few things about.

its only the main chords and im using a silly little speaker but let me know if you like it that way?

R11 Project
bbsuperstring.zip
(97.85 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Dec 2021
mjxl wrote:
15 Dec 2021

i wasn't able to use the cmb with the extra fx as i decided not to buy them this year (i was going to, but decided to wait for a bit) but thanks for the midi.
i didnt like the velocity method so stuck with mine add added some tweaks to my initial patch plus pushed a few things about.

its only the main chords and im using a silly little speaker but let me know if you like it that way?

R11 Project bbsuperstring.zip
Will check these out. Haven't had time yet but will do tomoz after work 👍

Billy+

16 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
16 Dec 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Dec 2021

R11 Project bbsuperstring.zip
Will check these out. Haven't had time yet but will do tomoz after work 👍
No worries, I've had time for a play today while taking it easy and watching the snooker.

mjxl

16 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Dec 2021
LOL i didn't realise i put those in there haha. They aren't even related to this :D

Also, what was "wrong" with the velocity? The midi file has velocity information, which opens the filter X amount, that's how it works in the original song :P
The sound is supposed to be dimmed in a lot of parts, and it fully opens up at the highlight of the track!

At the peak it's on 127 velocity, so keep that in mind! :0

• Information