Covid Shot and Reason

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
PhillipOrdonez

13 Dec 2021

Isn't an expert on viruses. Says viruses don't exist. And says that the methods used by the experts in the field he knows nothing about are flawed. Hadn't he heard of HIV? Or herpes simplex?

Here's simple logic i didn't need "they" to tell me (lie to me, your lingo, to control me) If you get a group of people with a set of particular symptoms that a believed to be caused by a virus, and all of them test positive for the virus, while others who haven't been in contact with the virus and don't have such symptoms test negative for the virus, wouldn't one infer logically that the cause of that set of symptoms is the virus? One doesn't need to be an expert to understand that.

Doesn't he realize that his claims, if true would mean that absolutely everyone in that field would have to be in on a lie like this? Doesn't he know that that's impossible? Any errors would have been spotted long ago by students of the field. Plus why would every single virologist in the world lie about this? Where's the benefit to them? It makes no sense. Why would the opinion of somebody who hasn't studied the field know more than hundreds of years of accumulated knowledge? And why would that knowledge lend itself to lie to all of humanity? To what end? It just makes no sense 😂

guitfnky

13 Dec 2021

how is this thread still open? there's a no politics rule here and a mod IN THE THREAD. incidentally, one who was questioning whether he ought to do something about someone passing a tutorial video because I guess posting content from not well-liked channels is grounds for a warning.

the moderation sure does suck here, sometimes.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

littlejam

13 Dec 2021

hello,

i liked when this thread was funny
we should get back to that
and memes
but i'm not clever enough to think of one, sorry
i miss edward who started the meme thread

i did not have to pay for my vax shot or my flu shot
i live in brooklyn, ny, usa

it would be interesting to hear from people who had to pay for these

they're coming to take me away he he
they're coming to take me away ha ha
to the funny farm where life is great
(i forget the rest of the lyrics)

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

PhillipOrdonez

13 Dec 2021

Guit, it's still open cause it hasn't devolved into mayhem, yet. It hasn't turned political, and we've successfully dodged going there.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

I’m on the point of making it political, religious or whatever else goes against the forum rules just to get it shut down. It’d be worth a temporary ban.
Don’t see the point though as within the next week someone will no doubt start a similar thread. That said, I’d be banned so wouldn’t have to see it. Hmmm. Decisions.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Adabler
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
13 Dec 2021
I’m on the point of making it political, religious or whatever else goes against the forum rules just to get it shut down. It’d be worth a temporary ban.
Don’t see the point though as within the next week someone will no doubt start a similar thread. That said, I’d be banned so wouldn’t have to see it. Hmmm. Decisions.
Well, at least there was only one really red pilled dude in the thread so our community seems reasonably able to maintain reason and logic pro during these trying times.
:reason: 12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

Adabler wrote:
13 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
13 Dec 2021
Well, at least there was only one really red pilled dude in the thread so our community seems reasonably able to maintain reason and logic pro during these trying times.
What does “red pilled” mean?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Adabler
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
13 Dec 2021
Adabler wrote:
13 Dec 2021

It means to fall down the conspiracy hole.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

Adabler wrote:
13 Dec 2021
MrFigg wrote:
13 Dec 2021

It means to fall down the conspiracy hole.
Ahh. I was starting to think of the Matrix.
Ignorance vs knowledge.
Maybe I don’t have to take the cyanide pill for the troops to shut it down after all.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

littlejam

13 Dec 2021

hello,

do you know where to get real cyanide?

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

littlejam wrote:
13 Dec 2021
hello,

do you know where to get real cyanide?

cheers,

j
I’m a chemist originally so given the right equipment I could probably synthesize it. That said, crystal meth is more lucrative if you want your customers to come back for more.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Adabler
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2021

MrFigg wrote:
13 Dec 2021
Ahh. I was starting to think of the Matrix.
Ignorance vs knowledge.
Maybe I don’t have to take the cyanide pill for the troops to shut it down after all.
It is a matrix reference the qanon folks love, they just mixed up the ignorance vs knowledge part. :-)

platzangst

13 Dec 2021

littlejam wrote:
13 Dec 2021

i liked when this thread was funny
we should get back to that
and memes

challism

13 Dec 2021

guitfnky wrote:
13 Dec 2021
how is this thread still open? there's a no politics rule here and a mod IN THE THREAD. incidentally, one who was questioning whether he ought to do something about someone passing a tutorial video because I guess posting content from not well-liked channels is grounds for a warning.

the moderation sure does suck here, sometimes.
I haven't read the comments on this thread because I'm absolutely sick of this topic, after being inundated with this crap for 2 years. I happened to poke my head in here when MrFigg said he may have violated the rules, which he didn't. But it does appear this thread is getting out of control. And it IS political, so it's in violation.

If anyone thinks moderators have time to sit and read every post on the forum, they are mistaken. It is possible to report posts and threads to moderators, if you feel a thread should be locked. So next time, perhaps just make a report rather than complaining that the moderators suck. And thanks for saying that, it's nice to be appreciated.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information