Reason behaving oddly on my partner's machine

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chimp_spanner

05 Dec 2021

Hey everyone. Me and my partner have very similar Win 10 machines from the same company. i7 11700, mine is an RTX3070, hers a 3060. So far it's been smooth sailing for me. On her machine though she's getting hardware exceptions when trying to move a track in the track list, as well as periodic disappearing UI elements. Anyone else had this?

PhillipOrdonez

05 Dec 2021

They should be on the beta and file reports

guitfnky

05 Dec 2021

at the risk of being obvious, has she tried unplugging stuff from the computer (starting with interfaces and MIDI devices, and moving on to PC components in the case) and retrying to see if that resolves the issue?

I had a hell of a time trying to figure out why I was getting hardware exceptions in Reason a year or so ago with my old PC--it wasn't until my graphics card completely died on me that I knew that was the problem--once I replaced that, it was back to normal for me (looking back, I should have pulled the card out and tested when I'd eliminated most everything else).
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

fullforce

05 Dec 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
05 Dec 2021
Hey everyone. Me and my partner have very similar Win 10 machines from the same company. i7 11700, mine is an RTX3070, hers a 3060. So far it's been smooth sailing for me. On her machine though she's getting hardware exceptions when trying to move a track in the track list, as well as periodic disappearing UI elements. Anyone else had this?
Update drivers?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• Information