New Album (weird pop) Bulbous Caverns

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bloma

14 Nov 2021

This album is a collection of songs long overdue for release. Some date as far back as 2015, while others were made in 2020. Some of them were songs I thought I'd lost forever, but managed to eventually track down.

The styles range from sugary trancey pop to paranoid lo-fi hip-hop to dense industrial pop.

While being from different time periods, I was also in different locations: my wife's parents house in rural Bavaria, a farm in rural Tasmania, a townhouse in Hobart, our current apartment in Hawthorn, and my parent's house in Lilydale.

Even though the creation of this album was so scattered, I feel that the finished product is reasonably cohesive.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2021

Love this track. The chorus is absolutely wonderful. Catchy (in the best way possible) yet still very dreamy and beautiful at the same time.

Just wondering. What are some of your own favorites from your work? It could be individual tracks or a particular album. I feel like diving into some Bloma stuff. Where would be a good place to start?

MarkTarlton

04 Dec 2021

This is a great track to start with! I really like all the elements you have put into it, it's got a lot of hooks, and a nice ending melody and rhythm that you incorporate. Vocals are perfect for this. Nicely done! I look forward to hearing more from you.

Bloma

04 Dec 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Dec 2021
Love this track. The chorus is absolutely wonderful. Catchy (in the best way possible) yet still very dreamy and beautiful at the same time.

Just wondering. What are some of your own favorites from your work? It could be individual tracks or a particular album. I feel like diving into some Bloma stuff. Where would be a good place to start?
Thanks so much Tritone. I remember thinking that chorus came out really well, including the lyrics, something I quite often struggle with. I actually completely forgot I'd made this song, and then when I found it, I was like holy shit, why haven't I finished this?

In terms of favourites, the first album is still probably my favourite (haven't listened to it in a while though), but the production and vocal work is a bit inconsistent. I'll name some tracks I reckon hit the sound I like the best, from each proper album:

Bloma: Child, Deeper, Found, Take Away the Sun, Return, Knife is Ripe, Earthson, Thick, Pounder

Strange Bird: Sleeky, Snow Dragger, Melting Parrot, Android God, Rainman, Menace

Dark Sun: Ruzz, Dark Sun, Delson Prourga, Donatu, Slarker, Serpent Descent

Bulbous Caverns: All of em

I've got shitloads more to come, some things are nearly finished, some need a lot of work, and I'm currently working on a new thing that's actually kinda inspired by your stuff because it's so fucking good.

RTFX

11 Dec 2021

Some real gems here. Are all lyrics autobio?
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2021

Bloma wrote:
04 Dec 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Dec 2021

Thanks so much Tritone. I remember thinking that chorus came out really well, including the lyrics, something I quite often struggle with. I actually completely forgot I'd made this song, and then when I found it, I was like holy shit, why haven't I finished this?

In terms of favourites, the first album is still probably my favourite (haven't listened to it in a while though), but the production and vocal work is a bit inconsistent. I'll name some tracks I reckon hit the sound I like the best, from each proper album:

Bloma: Child, Deeper, Found, Take Away the Sun, Return, Knife is Ripe, Earthson, Thick, Pounder

Strange Bird: Sleeky, Snow Dragger, Melting Parrot, Android God, Rainman, Menace

Dark Sun: Ruzz, Dark Sun, Delson Prourga, Donatu, Slarker, Serpent Descent

Bulbous Caverns: All of em

I've got shitloads more to come, some things are nearly finished, some need a lot of work, and I'm currently working on a new thing that's actually kinda inspired by your stuff because it's so fucking good.
Sorry for the late reply. I don't know why it took me so long.
Thanks for the recommendations. :-)
Nice to hear you've got more stuff coming up. Curious to hear that Tritone inspiration too, however it manifests.

Bloma

11 Dec 2021

RTFX wrote:
11 Dec 2021
Some real gems here. Are all lyrics autobio?
Thanks RTFX. Yeah, pretty much.

• Information